FE4 Gen. 1 proposed Tier List

Suikofan

I'm not posting the latest one from either Serenes or GameFAQ's, b/c they both suck. I'll just post my proposed list, and then you guys can comment.

Sigurd tier:

Sigurd

Top tier:

Ethlin

Sylvia

Ayra

Cuan

High tier:

Lex

Jamka

Holyn

Levin

Brigid

Aideen

Mid tier:

Beowolf

Midir

Fury

Azel

Noish

Low tier:

Fin

Lachesis

Claude

Bottom tier:

Alec

Dew

Tiltyu

Diadora

Ardan tier:

Ardan

DISCUSS.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noishe is randomly high, he certainly doesn't beat Fin and doesn't beat Alec. Cuan also seems a bit high for somebody who doesn't double reliably (therefore has meh offense pretty quick) and leaves when he does. Azel for lower than Fin, I don't know exactly where he would get put after that but lower than Fin easily. If we will be picky Diadora for > Dew due to staffs versus exp suckage and babbyage. Lex vs Ayra is debatable, but at some point this will turn into the average shitty Fire Emblem tier list quibbling over insignificant shit and this is getting pretty close to it, so whatever.

Edited by Mac

Sigurd tier:

Sigurd

Can't argue that.

Top tier:

Ethlin

Sylvia

Ayra

Cuan

lololololol

Ethlin and Cuan leave after Chapter 3, Cuan can't even double, and Ethlin is a terrible, terrible combat unit. They don't deserve top tier.

Sylvia, fine.

Ayra lacks a mount. No amount of overkill avoid can compensate that.

High tier:

Lex

Jamka

Holyn

Levin

Brigid

Aideen

Lex higher. Elite + Hero Axe + Invincible = Top Tier

Jamka, again, lacking a mount. Mid tier, imo.

Holyn >>> Ayra. That's been proven tons of times.

Levin up. You have _Jamka_ above him, when Jamka can't even counter at 1 range.

Briggid down. Raping stuff is cool and all, but joining in the end of the Chapter 3 = fail.

Aideen WAY down. Non-mounted healer. No Elite. No mount.

Mid tier:

Beowolf

Midir

Fury

Azel

Noish

Beowulf and Midir to bottom of Mid. Chip damage is terrible when everyone else is one rounding.

Fury way higher, if only because of staves after promotion.

Low tier:

Fin

Lachesis

Claude

Fin waaaaaaaaaaaaay up. Hero Lance, just for starters.

Bottom tier:

Alec

Dew

Tiltyu

Diadora

Alec above Noish. Tiltyu under Diadora. Diadora above Claude.

Ardan tier:

Ardan

lolardan

DISCUSS.

How can you say the other list sucks when this is so terrible that it's not even funny?

Edited by Ninji

You're going to have to prove me how Alec>Noish, b/c I'm not buying it.

Fin is a bit low, maybe, but for someone with no durability, mediocre offense, and who leaves halfway through, I'm not seeing him much higher. The Hero Lance is worth something, but since Fury wants it just as much as he does, I don't see him using it for long.

Cuan is just as tanky as Lex is, but with Continue instead of the Hero Axe. He also has a MUCH higher Str base, and an extra point of Move. I can't see him going much lower, if at all.

This was directed at Mac, obviously.

Edited by Suikofan

Lol we are not buying each other mutually then. Doubling -> better offense than one meatier hit per round, and duel is a crapshoot that can be as much of a pain as a boon.

Fin isn't a steamroller but he is better than some of the sadsacks he's under. Under Midir? Who gives a shit about Midir? Having him that far under Beowulf is really fucking weird when he's that similar to him.

Cuan has no Hero Axe

Case closed

Continue is a crapshoot, Lex's ATK with a better weapon is more meaty and it's not like Lex is going to be without that move disadvantage with Elite for long. It's not that big a deal. Lex is borderline demanding the Pursuit Ring for 4 attacks possible, so he's really going above and beyond what Cuan deliver in that scenario. Plus lolhe'sin6chapters

Edited by Mac

How about actually doubling? Noish will almost never double because lolpursuit. Noish has Critical, sure, but it's so unreliable that it's not even funny.

Alec's damage output will always be better than Noish's when he doubles.

Fin is a bit low, maybe, but for someone with no durability, mediocre offense, and who leaves halfway through, I'm not seeing him much higher. The Hero Lance is worth something, but since Fury wants it just as much as he does, I don't see him using it for long.

No durability? He's just as durable as half of the cast. Mediocre offense is a huge overstatement, especially considering how he's two rounding in the Prolouge and Chapter 1 just like _Cuan_, a _top tier_ unit, iyo, and then he gets the Hero Lance and rapes for 2 and 3. Cuan leaves halfway through, and yet he's top tier.

Finn doesn't need to waste money buying it from the pawn shop, and Fury sees no action in Chapter 2.

Cuan is just as tanky as Lex is, but with Continue instead of the Hero Axe. He also has a MUCH higher Str base, and an extra point of Move. I can't see him going much lower, if at all.

Cuan only has a 30% chance to activate Continue at base level, which is pretty bad compared to a guaranteed second attack on the same turn. Lex also has Ambush, so if he ever does end up with low HP, he can just one round any enemies that attack him before they can hurt him. You can't ignore Lex being around for 2 more chapters than Cuan, too.

I don't suppose shitty little squabbles like who baws for the hero sword louder/whether luna or meteor is more overkill came into play significantly?

Edited by Mac

Ninji- I'm not saying this list is any better, but since there's no list set in stone as of yet, I figured we might as well discuss one.

As for Alec vs. Noish, there's no reason why Noish can't get the Pursuit Ring. Levin doesn't need it after lolsety, Tiltyu fails at life, and Jamka kills everything as is. Alec, on the other hand, needs the Hero Sword to kill stuff, which isn't going to happen.

Lex>Cuan, I guess I see that happening.

I still don't see Ethlin moving out of top though. Healer on a pony is nice. Maybe bottom of Top.

I don't suppose shitty little squabbles like who baws for the hero sword louder/whether luna or meteor is more overkill came into play significantly?

Not really. They both one round basically everything, so both of those are really overkill.

Ninji- I'm not saying this list is any better, but since there's no list set in stone as of yet, I figured we might as well discuss one.

There was a topic before, but I'm too lazy to dig it up.

As for Alec vs. Noish, there's no reason why Noish can't get the Pursuit Ring. Levin doesn't need it after lolsety, Tiltyu fails at life, and Jamka kills everything as is. Alec, on the other hand, needs the Hero Sword to kill stuff, which isn't going to happen.

Well, for one, there's, like, no way Noish is getting 40,000 gold by Chapter 2-3, since he fails at life and sucks in the arena, so he needs to swipe it from Dew, which sucks. Alec might need the Hero Sword to one round stuff, but he's still two rounding with a steel sword.

I just looked over both Alec and Noish, and they're so similar that it's not even funny. It really comes down to Pursuit vs. Critical, and +10% extra speed growth and a higher base vs. +10% higher strength growth and a higher base. Not having these two next to each other is ludicrous.

Lex>Cuan, I guess I see that happening.

Alright.

I still don't see Ethlin moving out of top though. Healer on a pony is nice. Maybe bottom of Top.

Even if healing on a horse is really cool, leaving at the end of Chapter 3 isn't, and failing pretty hard at combat isn't either. Maybe middle of High, I dunno'. I'd wait for the likes of Mekkah and Vykan to show up before making a call on this, because they know more about this than me.

Based on the enemy stats it was basically impossible for either of us to argue much of an offense lead unless one of the two had the Hero Sword, as the second-best weapon available to either still one-rounded nearly everything and their activation rates were the same with Luna/Meteor and both essentially amount to a kill if they go off.

My position was that Ayra's advantage only comes into play with favorable terrain (where she becomes much more dodgy) and Holyn's is more useful everywhere because of HP and DEF, but honestly the difference in avoid and DEF/HP between the two is so marginal that one ring on each makes them functionally identical. There's only one Hero Sword so whoever gets it is offensively better, but if neither gets it they're about the same offensively and defensively.

Really I'd rank them somewhere in High for insane offense, with Holyn positioned directly above Ayra. Any attempt to argue any character between the two of them should auto-fail because they are so close in every other way that you cannot possibly convince me that one is substantively better or worse enough to put a third character between them.

Also we aren't discussing parentage but even that's pretty much a non-starting debate because Ayra's kids are never bad and Holyn is the uber Brigid baby daddy. I guess Ayra has boobs, if that's your thing. But Holyn is manpretty and... damn man, these guys are way too close.

The only thing I disagree with Ninji's assertment of the list changes is Fury up [sucking at combat and being meh with staves does not a high tier unit make]

In fact, this list is way too fucked up. Let's make it look more correct and work from there.

Sigurd tier:

Sigurd

Top tier:

Lex

Holyn

Levin

Sylvia

High tier:

Jamka

Fin

Brigid

Ayra

Mid tier:

Beowulf

Alec

Midir

Cuan

Ethlin

Fury

Noish

Low tier:

Aideen

Lachesis

Claude

Bottom tier:

Tiltyu

Dew

Azel

Diadora

Ardan

...It's a start, anyway.

Edited by GreenHairedDraco

Lol

@Bold: Good and you never should because it's worse.

@Italic: Or perhaps not since the person that runs the tier list should be capable of seeing what's quite obvious and when in doubt, dispute why with good reason.

What about Alec=Noish?

A faceplam is highly appropriate for this.

As for the tier list that was already up, here it is:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

Search functions are awesome.

Let's just repost that here, because if we're going to build upon it, we're going to build upon it here.

Sigurd

Lex

Levin

High

Holyn

Jamka

Cuan

Fin

Ethlin

Ayra

Brigid

Lachesis

Mid

Fury

Alec

Midir

Beowulf

Claude

Low

Aideen

Noish

Tiltyu

Dew

Bottom

Deirdre

Ardan

Unless there was one further down the list. Anyway, I challenge Fury>Alec, Jamka being that high, Jamka>Midir, or even there being a tier gap between them, Cuan needs to drop, other than that, no issues with the list.

Edited by GreenHairedDraco

The only thing I disagree with Ninji's assertment of the list changes is Fury up [sucking at combat and being meh with staves does not a high tier unit make]

In fact, this list is way too fucked up. Let's make it look more correct and work from there.

*Tier list*

LISTEN TO THIS MAN. He can back it up easily.

Err...disregard what I had before.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Hey BB? Isn't Holyn a tad low? I mean...you even agree that his durability helps him out more than a few points of avoid.

Might be wrong, but eh.

EDIT: DAMMIT BB, YOU NINJA'D ME.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Any rankings that go hand in hand with efficiency, rather than what the game defines as good strategy. I.e clearing chapters quicker is more efficient, but focusing on gaining a shit ton of EXP does not have any inherent value.

So it's basically standard ranking minus exp rank, correct? (Since tactic ranks + combat ranks are pretty much a given). Then I'd put Jamka + the three ppl from Lenster (except maybe Ethlin) under Ayra.

Ethlin > Cuan/Fin ... being the only healer, who can keep up with mounted units (until Lachesis promotes) > two good combat units for 4 chapters. She also dodges all those hits from axe users...