Time to build a new DS

Cynthia

chimes the suckling toady.

Edit: Deleted your post? Who has the baby dick again?

You seem to be very sensitive to the issue. But anyway...

I would imagine it would be very difficult to build a DS. Seems much easier to just buy one. Even if you do succeed, your end product probably would be as good as a factory built one.

chimes the suckling toady.

Edit: Deleted your post? Who has the baby dick again?

I don't think anyone is able to delete any posts unless they are an admin or mod.

I take shit apart all the time. But I'm not stupid enough to try to modify anything when I have no clue what I'm doing.

Well the two systems were broken anyways, so it's not like I'm going to out on anything. Plus my dad worked with electronics for a few years, so if I ever need help he can help out.

One of the major problems I had was the motherboard that worked, the game reader's spring was broken so the games didn't stay in. Now the first thought was to take the game reader off of the broken one, but seeing as how it was soldered on would make that challenging. Making it even more challenging was it was soldered on by a machine, so it's not the kind of thing you can really just take off and put back on easily.

Eventually after examination, I saw that the spring wasn't gone at all, it was just stuck. So a pit of fiddling with it got it out.

The end product works, but is pretty much just a temporary solution until I get a new DS when they get cheaper. I really don't like the Lite or the DSi, so I'm trying to avoid it...

The system works fine, but it's questionable on how long it can hold together.

Props for actually fixing it instead of buying a replacement out of laziness!

I prefer the Lite to the original. The L button seems to stick on both of the Lites I've owned, but the better backlight and smaller shell are the main reasons I like it better.

Props for actually fixing it instead of buying a replacement out of laziness!

I prefer the Lite to the original. The L button seems to stick on both of the Lites I've owned, but the better backlight and smaller shell are the main reasons I like it better.

Yeah that problem happens to me with all handhelds... What is up with the shoulder buttons not lasting that long?

Well the two systems were broken anyways, so it's not like I'm going to out on anything. Plus my dad worked with electronics for a few years, so if I ever need help he can help out.

[...]

The system works fine, but it's questionable on how long it can hold together.

I wasn't referring to you. I was just answering the question.

Question: Why does blowing into my DS solve all its problems?
Air cleans off the contacts on the cartridges/chips.

Of course, it also causes long-term corrosion, but rarely over the scales people use consumer electronics causes problems.