Afa's Drops

Mobius One

I was just wondering who everyone gives Afa's Drops to because, unless you're a.) using Nino, or b.) not using a recruited unit intentionally and waiting to level him/her till endgame, there doesn't seem to be an easy choice. (Mainly in referece to HHM run-thoughs).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically give 'em to a unit you like the most. Either that or whoever you'd like to see in the battle history.

Lol that's what I was thinking, but I thought that there was perhaps a "best unit" case out there for them. Heath maybe? (since you get him 1.5 ch. earlier and he's only lvl 7 and those +HM stats and +Afa's Drops == win?)

Why give it to Nino? It's useless trying to help a unit who is already stron gwithout them, I know she'll be better, I did it once, she was indeed hax in nearly all stats, but I don't mind that, I gave it to a few units:

1rst Run: On my lvl 20 Florina :( ...

Nino

Karla, she was a damn bad*ss, she ended up capping Str, Skill & Spd & having 24 Luck, 15 Def & 20 Res.

Eliwood, only increased Res, nothing that special, he still maxed many stats...

Louise turned out great.

Karel, he was like Karlsa just with +2 DEF.

It probaly hrlps nearly anyone I guess.

Why give it to Nino? It's useless trying to help a unit who is already stron gwithout them, I know she'll be better, I did it once, she was indeed hax in nearly all stats, but I don't mind that, I gave it to a few units:

I can see your point. Nino should be at the lowest level of anyone you're using so she'll have the most levels to take advantage of it.

I just give it to whoever's name comes to my head first. XD Usually my favourite unit.

Another question, what happens when you give it to nobody?

If it's in Merlinis's storage he'll get it. If someone holds it and doesn't use it Oswin or Marcus will appear depending on the story.

I dunno. It kinda' varied.

1. Oswin

2. Lucius

3. Raven (HAX!!!!)

4. Prisscila (Maxed everything except Def and Hp)

5. I'm not sure whether to give it to Rebecca or Dart. :/

Let's see. On my first time through, I was something of a Lyn fanboy, so I gave the drops to her along with most of my other stat boosters. I gave it to Marcus on successive play-throughs. Next time, I'll probably give it to Wallace if I feel like recruiting him.

Can you use the Drop's on Merlinus? I don't think you can, but it would be funny to see him get a point up in strength.

Marcus usually gets them when I play.

You actually can. You can even get him to say if you did good or bad.

As for me I view Rath as a good choice for them.

Edited by Dio

You actually can. You can even get him to say if you did good or bad.

As for me I view Rath as a good choice for them.

I thought Merlinus by default gave you comments if you didn't give the drops to anyone. That's just my guess though, because you can't actually trade the drops to him.

Obviously give them to some unpromoted dude who you intend to use for longer. Personally me I think either Sain or Lowen are probably the best bet, since they are units with somewhat borderline speed and you can hope that the drops will kick in if you don't like using (or have enough) speedwings.

You'll average only +1 stat in everything assuming that unit gets 20 level ups from the time they got the drops, but who knows? That +1 spd for some slower units might just let you double something.

Of course if you're RNG abusing, then that might be a different story. Lowen easily is one of the top units for that if in fact you're RNG abusing levelups. Those 30% growth rates he has are significantly more abuseable with that 5% boost. And if you're RNG abusing, avoid giving the drops to guys that have a lot of 50% growth rates (since 55% growth rates are lame).

If you use Canas, he's also a fairly good candidate for those drops since all his growth rates are merely average, and he too has iffy speed.

Edited by A2ZOMG

If you RNG abuse, the drops are worthless on Lowen since he'll average 5-7 points above his caps. I'd use them on someone who has the most 10%-20% growths that you want to use.

I thought Merlinus by default gave you comments if you didn't give the drops to anyone. That's just my guess though, because you can't actually trade the drops to him.

Merlinus appears if you leave the drops in the storage.

Marcus appears if you're on Elliwood mode and someone is holding it in their inventory (didn't use it).

Oswin appears if you're on Hector mode and someone is holding it in their inventory (didn't use it).

Can you use the Drop's on Merlinus? I don't think you can, but it would be funny to see him get a point up in strength.

Marcus usually gets them when I play.

If you keep them in storage and don't use them he'll get it.

If you RNG abuse, the drops are worthless on Lowen since he'll average 5-7 points above his caps. I'd use them on someone who has the most 10%-20% growths that you want to use.
No false, that's only true if you can always get strings of 6-7 low RNs at a time (the one for HP probably can be ignored since with the drops it will be a lol95% growth rate). Getting a string of 6 low RNs can be really tedious, since you only have a 1/64 chance of getting that at any time.

Assume more like half the RNs you get are low (so 3-4 at a time per level up) and then those drops make things much easier.

And then the other problem is a lot of the EXP you'll gain in this game will come from counterattack kills and it can be a nightmare to manipulate those.

Edited by A2ZOMG