the story captivated me, and the many plot twists were awesome! it was like:

*playing game, kicking bad guy @$$*

*story cut-scenes and stuff*

*repeat first two steps several times*

*major plot twist*

*SHOCKER!!!!*

*Awesome*

*repeat all*

its an awesome game you should try out if you enjoy RPGs and haven't tried it out

It had Crispin Freeman in it, and is therefore awesome. The only gripe I had was the fact that the Spirit's name was awkwardly left out of the conversation...

I won't let Sagi ___________ die.

Other than that, it's an awesome game, with one of the best RPG battle systems I've ever experienced.

It had Crispin Freeman in it, and is therefore awesome. The only gripe I had was the fact that the Spirit's name was awkwardly left out of the conversation...

I won't let Sagi ___________ die.

Other than that, it's an awesome game, with one of the best RPG battle systems I've ever experienced.

lol! i hated that too! it kinda left you hanging, expecting this awesome name (even though you picked the name)

I haven't played the first one either. If I'm not mistaken, the first one had a sort of Offense and Defense system in battle, right? They ditched that, if it changes your opinion any. Oh, and I hear the Voice Acting is 100x better than in the first.

It's a shame such a great game came so close to the death of the GCN... Not many people played it...

I've played both.

Origins is far and away much better than the first. The battle system is much faster paced, and you no longer have to deal with defensive cards anymore. The voice acting in the first was terrible, but Origins is voices are really well done. The story is much better too.

I only played the first. Or part of it. I was really dissapointed with it. I'd try Origins, but nothing could ever take the place of Tales of Symphonia. Biggest plot twist ever. Great Characters. Good voice acting. (with the exception of a few momments) Great gameplay. It's the closest thing to a perfect game for me. But that's a different topic. I'll try and keep this to origins.

My problem with the original was that it lacked plot. At least from what I played. It felt like those old games where it's mostly gameplay and then they threw in some un-original storyline to make sence of it. (Kinda like Dark Cloud)

I've played both, they're both great in my opinion. What I didn't like about the second one, you didn't get to choose a gender. It was awkward to have everyone refer to me as ''He''. -_-

Personaly, I prefer the first one. Although it had bad acting, I liked the story and battle system. I liked Kalas too.

Edited by Princess Kilvas

I saw it at Gamespot today but got Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection instead.

Don't you mean GameStop?

And you have just made a very fatal error, my queen.

Don't you mean GameStop?

And you have just made a very fatal error, my queen.

Yes, I meant Gamestop. And don't worry, I will get this game eventually. I've been wanting some Metal Gear for a long time now.

Personally I didn't like BKO all that much. The fighting system was just so bad after BK imo and I despised the voice that made it seem far more like a fighting game at the start of every battle (FIGHT!). BK is one of my favourite RPGS and always will be but BKO kinda let it down in my opinion... But I'm playing through it mostly for the storyline, which I do really like.

I've only played the first... which I've yet to finish ;P If I ever see BKO, I intend to buy it. I doubt I'll see it though D:

it'll be very hard to find, considering that it was released on the final days of the gamecube, and overshadowed by other more familiar titles.

a third installment was actually supposed to be released, but the first two games sold so bad that they didn't do it

*cries*

a beautiful series, ruined because gamers don't give it a chance.

• 3 months later...