Sarah Palin Steps Down

Cynthia

Sarah Palin announced this morning that she is not going to run for re-election for governor after resigning. She said she is tired, and her and her staff aren't able to progress the condition of her state any, after reminding everyone what a difficult job it is. (personally I agree that it is a difficult job.) (Spoken on the local news this morning, can't find the article for it)

She states she will continue to help republican candidates, and office holders, however it's left up to question if she will run for office again herself.

Article

What do you guys think?

Obama won't even have to, she'd never make it past the primaries. It's actually pretty accurate to describe her as a dog in lipstick, she's not much brighter than that.

At least some people are speculating that she's jumping out before a HUGE scandal breaks, due to how incoherent her speech was and the fact that quitting her first governorship early hurts any higher political ambitions rather than helping them. Others are speculating burnout (constant shuttling between two cities, retarded kid, deeply involved in the party's current shitstorm, dipshit kid with a kid of her own, etc.) and this is what I figured until I heard she was planning to "stay involved." Now I'm not as sure.

It could go either way for her. Some criticize her for saying she's a quitter, others say this may mean she's serious about election in 2012, clearing up her schedule so she had that and only that on her mind.. It all depends on the perspective.

Personally I don't know what to think of it, time will tell.

Well didn't Sarah Palin get mocked alot by people?

Quite so. People are mocking her for her poor speech giving skills, lack of experience, and "intelligence" however the last one is a matter of opinion. It could just be that she is nervous and doesn't realize what she's saying, it happens. Others however just think she is of low intelligence. It's left to debate.

It could go either way for her. Some criticize her for saying she's a quitter, others say this may mean she's serious about election in 2012, clearing up her schedule so she had that and only that on her mind.. It all depends on the perspective.

The only people who would rationalize this in a positive manner are complete head cases and her current supporters, who are die-hard morons already. There's no logically sound positive perspective to be had on quitting the governorship of the least populous nation in the union in one's first term.

Edited by Urist McMiner

The only people who would rationalize this in a positive manner are complete head cases and her current supporters, who are die-hard morons already. There's no perspective to be had on quitting the governorship of the least populous nation in the union in one's first term.

Like I said, people view it differently. Obviously die-hard supporters will think positive of it no matter what. She possibly lost a lot of supporters for this action though.

The big question is: Why? Why would she make such a move? I mean in her short government career it's been all about surprise I know, but perhaps this is one surprise too many. No one would have guessed she'd be John McCain's running mate, or that she'd be so poor at public speaking (majority's opinion, not mine) and now resign during her first term. Her whole career is about surprises it looks like.

There's only real two conclusions for an action like this: she's wanting to grub up for the next presidency, or she's jumping boat before some shit hits the fan. Everything else is pure emocide.

Well, there is one other possible reason. She might try to write a book :rolleyes:

Edited by Miror B.

Well, there is one other possible reason. She might try to write a book :rolleyes:

A lot of famous politicians do, regardless of their popularity or mishaps, so I doubt she resigned for that reason. Barrack Obama wrote two books before he became president.

I'm guessing she's aiming for bigger fish, since she gained enough popularity from her VP run to go for a Senate seat or something, though I doubt she'd get a presidential nomination on 2012 after McCain/Palin lost so badly in '08. She did say she was staying out of politics, which is the weird part, but politicians are known for lying.

I'm guessing she's aiming for bigger fish, since she gained enough popularity from her VP run to go for a Senate seat or something, though I doubt she'd get a presidential nomination on 2012 after McCain/Palin lost so badly in '08. She did say she was staying out of politics, which is the weird part, but politicians are known for lying.

I don't get how she can say she'll stay out of politics, but still "aid the republican party."

She'd have to learn her ABCs first.

Funny, I was gonna say you gotta learn to speak coherently before you start reading and writing.

As for my opinions...Well I think the sentence itself sums it up. But if she is indeed running for president? Yeah...Not gonna happen. Rally whatever support she wants, it's not gonna happen.

Edited by Pretty Boi Wolf

I'm under the impression that it wasn't the attacks against Palin that made her crack, but the attacks against her family. She may not know how the hell the government works, but she does know that if she is going to raise a normal family, she's going to have to keep them out of the media's spotlight. The media can be cruel and relentless, and children can easily be scarred by it. I'm guessing (although not putting any money on it) that Palin is sick and tired of national politics, realizing that they went above and beyond her, and is going to be content with attempting to live the remainder of her life like a normal person, while at the same time protecting her family. Of course, I could be wrong, and she could be the ruthless, powerstarved, and ditsy bitch that everyone says she is.