Touhou

Xort

So, I just downloaded Touhou 8. Anyone else a fan of these games? I've played through it about 4 times tonight, slowly moving from easy to normal. In addition to addicting gameplay, it has exceedingly pretty graphics and epic music. I believe this series is going to keep me entertained for a long while.

As of right now, I just finished another playthrough, and as I look at my computer screen, I see a hail of multicolored projectiles raining downwards across the screen.

I have Embodiment of Scarlet Devil and Perfect Cherry Blossom but I'm too lazy to play them at the moment and I haven't even set them up either but I probably will get around to it this weekend. And yes the music is amazing.

I have a legal copy of Touhou 8 on my game shelf. I enjoy the series because I am inexplicably attracted to games that I have no hope of ever completing. I've played around a little bit with Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, but I occupy myself primarily with the main series shmups.

Ehehehe..

I love this series. I've only beaten EoSD, PCB and MoF.. I've played most of them and I can't wait for Undefined Fantastic Object.

I only tried Perfect Cherry Blossom and Scarlet Weather Rhapsody and didn't go far in either.

Although the music ireally great and if you want to I'd dump some cool remixes of them here.

[...] easy mode [...]

easymodesmaller.png

That obligatory response out of the way, they call the genre "bullet hell" for a reason. If you've got a knack for it or just don't mind the difficulty, there's something appealing about fighting superpowered lolis that shoot visually pleasing patterns of glowing energy.

Edited by Urist McMiner

Hey, don't get me wrong; I love the difficulty. However, Ikaruga was my first experience concerning top-down shooters like this, and I decided to play on normal before I got the hang of it. I got destroyed.

Now, I can hang on hard. I'll work my way up. I'm already good with normal.

Okay so I now have Touhou 6 and 7 set up and ready to go... But I'm scared... Anyway should be fun and I'll be starting on normal mode and see how far I advance.

• 5 weeks later...

I have a friend who LOVES Touhou. She's made me play Scarlet Weather Rhapsody and Phantasmagoria something something something. I suck at SWR and as for Phantasmagoria, I'm a little better at it, but... it's hard for me to see (*terrible eyesight*), so I usually end up dying when I could've saved myself. *fail*

It's a good game, but nothing I can get addicted to, I don't think.

• 2 weeks later...