So, who's supposed to be the best general in all of FE?

Does the Black Knight count as a general? Because if he does, ignore what I said about Gatrie, as the BK's 10 times better.

I'm afraid he doesn't count chico. Two chapters worth of playtime FTL. With that said, I'm still retaining my Oswin vote.

Oswin I would say

FE1: Lawrence (Only one you can get...)

FE2: Only played it once, so I'm not too sure

FE3 B1: Lawrence

FE3 B2: Sheema (Doga is screwed for the first half because it requires constant running, plus she comes when you have the star orb, so she maxes every stat).

FE4: Hannibal is a bit better I guess

FE5: Xavier, Dalshien is a bit annoying to level, and doesn't end up much better then him really.

FE6: Barth, yep I said it. Immune to the RNG nearly, you know what stats he's going to own in, and which ones he's going to suck in. No random BS.

FE7: Oswin, no explanation needed.

FE8: Gilliam, Amelia has more potential, and she isn't hard to level at all due to the tower/ruins.

FE9: Gatrie, comes early and ends up great.

FE10: Gatrie again

FE11: ??? I never played it.

Murdock wins on badass level though.

Edited by Izuka

FE3 B2: Sheema (Doga is screwed for the first half because it requires constant running, plus she comes when you have the star orb, so she maxes every stat).
Doga is at least able to tank in the early chapters. If you have the patence to max Sheema, then you can certainly max Doga much earlier than she joins.
Uh, he never asked which was the best PLAYABLE general.

Murdock FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't be the best if you're not playable.

Edited by Chainey

You can't be the best if you're not playable.

You know he's statistically greater than General Zagaro, has axes, and thunder affinity, right?

That being said, best playable general is Zagaro, for he is The Metal.

Actually, he's an enemy.

FE6: Barth, yep I said it. Immune to the RNG nearly, you know what stats he's going to own in, and which ones he's going to suck in. No random BS.

Having lopsided averages has no effect on RNG proofness (other than his 100% hp growth). He's as likely to get below average def or skl or spd as, say, Eliwood is to get below average str, spd, etc.

FE11: ??? I never played it.

Let's say that most people can become Knight -> General, though you would only focus on two characters, that are Sedgar and Wolf, that have fucking badass growths.

Doga is at least able to tank in the early chapters. If you have the patence to max Sheema, then you can certainly max Doga much earlier than she joins.

Meh, I just hate having to have him run from the hero squad.

Having lopsided averages has no effect on RNG proofness (other than his 100% hp growth). He's as likely to get below average def or skl or spd as, say, Eliwood is to get below average str, spd, etc.

Well, I guess it may not be "RNG-proof", but it's certainly less risky then say Bors or Wendy.

Arden hands down. He supplies your units with fresh organic vegetables from his vegetable stand, and has a great sense of humor that lifts the spirits of his allies. He was voted People magazine's Sexiest man as well, so female enemies often are charmed and won't attack your group.

He also has the POWER OF PURSUIT!!!

Man, Ardan FTW!