Tales of Vesperia for PS3

Cybuster

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the irc channel I spammed 'Fuck the PS3' because it is going to have better ToV. And that is my opinion on this subject.

Comes out in japan september 17th with no word of US release date yet.

Demo of it is avaliable July 13th (make a japanese PSN)

Cant wait for it.

'Fuck the PS3'

360 players better get all that extra shit as DLC. For free. If I have to pay extra for it I'm gonna shit a brick.

360 players better get all that extra shit as DLC. For free. If I have to pay extra for it I'm gonna shit a brick.

prepare to shit bricks.

I just knew Rita was going to get Indignation. No way they'd keep it out of the game permanently~

I'd like to play this but it depends if they're going to localize it or not...

not interested for one major reason

"Hey bob, OL was already broken enough, let's make it even MORE broken! *adds in two more OL levels*"

That's a problem with Tales in general. Their idea of "evolving" the series is "keep adding a bunch of broken shit in until it gets so easy a two year old could beat it".

Edited by Norton Says What?

If you do not want to break the game no one is forcing you to. Just do not employ any of the tactics with which you break the game. I enjoy breaking the game very much. Blah blah blah Penis Storm.

Yeah making games that a large audience can't finish is a way better idea.

I'm pretty sure even a large audience can beat a game ranging at the "piss easy" category, which at this rate is still a step up from ToV [Don't even get me started on how easy and hideously unbalanced, not to mention poorly written THAT game was] Besides, that's why difficulties exist. Tales is getting to the level where even the hardest mode is STILL piss easy.

Also, then there's punch out, a series known for difficulty, so please don't use this as an excuse

If you do not want to break the game no one is forcing you to.

It's Namco's job to ensure that the game isn't horribly broken [see: Violent Pain spam and just about anything you can do with Yuri], not mine. I love it when ToV fanboys try to argue that it's my fault the game is broken to all hell and back.

I'm pretty sure even a large audience can beat a game ranging at the "piss easy" category, which at this rate is still a step up from ToV [Don't even get me started on how easy and hideously unbalanced, not to mention poorly written THAT game was] Besides, that's why difficulties exist. Tales is getting to the level where even the hardest mode is STILL piss easy.

Also, then there's punch out, a series known for difficulty, so please don't use this as an excuse

Tales is not known for difficulty, it's known for optional difficulty. I don't get why you're bawing about something that you are not forced to use in the game.

First, I didn't say it's your fault. I said you can break it if you want. Stop whining.

Second, the hardest mode is hard as shit without breaking the game (read as: exp x2/x10). Have you never even played Unknown mode?

Three, bawww it isn't hard on easy mode. And?

Tales is not known for difficulty, it's known for optional difficulty. I don't get why you're bawing about something that you are not forced to use in the game.

Optional difficulty? Oh, PLEASE don't play that card with me, and please don't throw "oh, you can just not use all the broken combos ToV has just because they're in the game!" because by using that you're basically admitting to poor game design. I don't even have to prove you wrong anymore because you just did.

First, I didn't say it's your fault. I said you can break it if you want. Stop whining.

No. I'm not going to "stop whining" because this is just getting ridiculous. ToV was already broken and Overlimit 6 is breaking it even more. This is a valid complaint, and I don't want to hear "Oh just pretend OL6 isn't there" as a valid justification for it destroying all sense of balance within the game.

Second, the hardest mode is hard as shit without breaking the game (read as: exp x2/x10). Have you never even played Unknown mode?

No, because a fresh unknown run is impossible [single digit damage against enemies with crazy amounts of HP who kill you in one hit in Zaphias Castle? lol] or some insane figures like that. Do you honestly think I'd be complaining about the difficulty if the hardest possible mode was actually HARD?

Three, bawww it isn't hard on easy mode. And?

Are you dense or what? The game isn't hard on hard mode. Why the hell else would I complain?

Optional difficulty? Oh, PLEASE don't play that card with me, and please don't throw "oh, you can just not use all the broken combos ToV has just because they're in the game!" because by using that you're basically admitting to poor game design. I don't even have to prove you wrong anymore because you just did.

A game having options you do not like does not make it broken. You don't need to huff and puff like a little fucking baby just because the developers didn't make your dream game. They made a game for mass appeal, which is what makes them fucking money.

If you don't like how easy a game is then maybe you shouldn't be playing on one of the easy difficulty settings.

OH GOD SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE IS IN A GAME KILL IT OMG I HATE IT

A game having options you do not like does not make it broken. You don't need to huff and puff like a little fucking baby just because the developers didn't make your dream game. They made a game for mass appeal, which is what makes them fucking money.

Please don't list arte combos that are insanely broken as "options", especially when Namco has proven that they've had the opportunity to fix them. By the way, it's hilarious how you keep listing my valid complaints as "huffing and puffing". I don't care if it's not perfect because obviously no game is, but this doesn't excuse magnifying ToV's flaws instead of fixing them.

I'm sick of your idiotic argument that piss easy=mass appeal, btw. It's not that hard to make a hard mode hard while keeping an easy mode easy. Then you have the Punch-Out series which is based on difficulty, and the new Wii version is doing excellent sales wise.

OH GOD SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE IS IN A GAME KILL IT OMG I HATE IT

try "wtf, Namco, why the hell are you magnifying a flaw in the game instead of fixing it?"

And for the record, I don't hate ToV, but I do think it's a hideously overrated game [To the level of FF7], partly because it's driven by mindless fanboys who will excuse the game for everything it does wrong and can't be mature over one criticism of the game...like...well, you two.

If you don't like how easy a game is then maybe you shouldn't be playing on one of the easy difficulty settings.

My fucking god, can you read or what? I've stated one million times that there wouldn't be a problem if you still couldn't blaze through hard mode with your eyes closed. Otherwise why the fuck would I complain about the difficulty?

Then do the fucking impossible and stop whining.

The hell do I look like to you? God?

OH YEAH THE TYPICAL "AW FUCK VESPERIA IS EAZY FUCKING FUCK TAELZ N NAMKO!" thing! I love it.

Rita only.

No magic.

Minimum Hp.

Unknown mode.

Starting Equipment only.

Battle Experience (get 1 exp always, but also get exp for the no. of hits you did in a combo)

FUCKING EASY AS SHIT SON.

Please don't list arte combos that are insanely broken as "options", especially when Namco has proven that they've had the opportunity to fix them. By the way, it's hilarious how you keep listing my valid complaints as "huffing and puffing". I don't care if it's not perfect because obviously no game is, but this doesn't excuse magnifying ToV's flaws instead of fixing them.

I'm sick of your idiotic argument that piss easy=mass appeal, btw. It's not that hard to make a hard mode hard while keeping an easy mode easy. Then you have the Punch-Out series which is based on difficulty, and the new Wii version is doing excellent sales wise.

Except, you know, it is optional. And you are throwing a tempter tantrum. And I didn't say easy was mass appeal, I said YEAH LET'S MAKE THIS EXACTLY AS HARD AS THIS SF MEMBER WANTS is probably a bad idea.

try "wtf, Namco, why the hell are you magnifying a flaw in the game instead of fixing it?"

And for the record, I don't hate ToV, but I do think it's a hideously overrated game [To the level of FF7], partly because it's driven by mindless fanboys who will excuse the game for everything it does wrong and can't be mature over one criticism of the game...like...well, you two.

Except I have never even played that particular Tales title. So I am a fanboy of something I have never played now?

My fucking god, can you read or what? I've stated one million times that there wouldn't be a problem if you still couldn't blaze through hard mode with your eyes closed. Otherwise why the fuck would I complain about the difficulty?

Better than you can count. Play on Unknown.

Or play a different game.

OH YEAH THE TYPICAL "AW FUCK VESPERIA IS EAZY FUCKING FUCK TAELZ N NAMKO!" thing! I love it.

Rita only.

No magic.

Minimum Hp.

Unknown mode.

Starting Equipment only.

Battle Experience (get 1 exp always, but also get exp for the no. of hits you did in a combo)

Yeah, too bad that doesn't work because Fresh Unknown's impossible. Good try, though. Also, even if that was insanely hard and not just impossible, I shouldn't have to beat a game twice [And grade farm for hours on end] just to make a game have some resemblance of challenge.

Except, you know, it is optional.

Stop. Using. This. Argument. There are endless ways to break the game in Vesperia, which is one hell of a design flaw, and you're not going to justify it by going "Oh, just pretend they're not there!" I, as a player, should not have to limit myself to make a game challenging: It's not my job to make a game hard, after all.

And you are throwing a tempter tantrum.

No, I'm making a perfectly valid complaint about a flaw Namco should have addressed but didn't [in fact they made it worse]

I said YEAH LET'S MAKE THIS EXACTLY AS HARD AS THIS SF MEMBER WANTS is probably a bad idea.

Congrats. You just proved you have no fucking reading comprehension whatsoever.

All I'm asking is that I actually have to be awake to beat the game which isn't that much to ask.

Except I have never even played that particular Tales title. So I am a fanboy of something I have never played now?

No, it just makes you a Namco fanboy who will suck them dry on everything and worships them to an insane level. I've heard this "But I haven't played ToV, I'm no fanboy!" shit before, DON'T try to pass it off on me, because it's not going to work.

Second, you'd agree with me if you actually saw how bad overlimit broke that game.

Better than you can count. Play on Unknown.

My. Fucking. God. Fresh. Unknown. Is. Not. Possible. Do I need to put this on a giant fucking billboard with neon lights before you get this? I'm tired of having to reiterate the same exact arguments over and over for no good reason except that you're a fanboy who won't take one piece of critisism over Namco's work.

Or play a different game.

I can't play a game I like?

I've made it perfectly clear that I think ToV is a decent, albet overrated, game. What I don't like is Namco's laziness in porting the game [None of the main flaws with ToV were dealt with properly, as they were made worse rather than fixed] and fanboys like you who will use awful arguments like "Pretend it's not there!" To excuse some of the most blatant design flaws in history.

You can play a fresh unknown, dipshit. Granted, you'll have to play through the game once, but Uknknown mode costs very little Grade. Don't buy anything else, and nothing should carry over.

Voila. Fresh unknown.

You can play a fresh unknown, dipshit. Granted, you'll have to play through the game once, but Uknknown mode costs very little Grade. Don't buy anything else, and nothing should carry over.

Voila. Fresh unknown.

*facepalm*

For the last freaking time, fresh unknown is imposible because of how insane numbers against you are. Take one hit? Dead. Then just normal soldiers will take weeks to kill and your 360 will overheat before you even get Zagi at half HP.

Jesus people, it might do you some good to actually read my posts if you're going to argue against what I've posted.