Radd.

One level up for Zagaro/Wolf is the equivalent of two, maybe three level ups for any other character, especially when they're getting stats many other characters have so much trouble getting (hello 100% Def growth) and can take advantage of promoted bases.

Edited by Chainey

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a few decent radds on wifi

Wi-fi is a different story. He is pretty easy to RNG abuse for a wi-fi team, though his bases may drag him down a bit. He's on my wi-fi team, and he does fine, but it's a pain to level him due to those suckish bases.

but just overrated IMO like his buddy Wolf.

Sorry, but it's been factually proven that they are that good several times over, like it or not.

And they really aren't that much harder to level up than say, the cavs or something

Edited by Norton Sez What?

I'm also not hot about characters that can be a hassle to level up sometimes. I'm not saying he's bad or anything, but just overrated IMO like his buddy Wolf.

Shit. Guys, it seems getting 13 EXP per kill is a hassle compared to 20-something EXP per kill for other characters.

It's official: Wolf and Zagaro are overrated.

Please don't take that seriously.

Shit. Guys, it seems getting 13 EXP per kill is a hassle compared to 20-something EXP per kill for other characters.

It's official: Wolf and Zagaro are overrated.

Please don't take that seriously.

I won't. I usually find the trouble in their base speed, not the fact they're prepromotes. But before I get the "that's what reclassing to hero is for" reply, I'd like to say that I consider myself just one of those people that likes doing things close to the old-fashioned way. I usually put them in a certain class I want and work from there. May not be the best option, but hey, I don't really see why it shouldn't stop me.

I usually find the trouble in their base speed, not the fact they're prepromotes.

Because speed matters when you never get doubled by anything.

Ever.

May not be the best option, but hey, I don't really see why it shouldn't stop me.

The only thing I intend to stop you from doing is claiming that Zag/Wolf are anything BUT the best characters in the game.

Because speed matters when you never get doubled by anything.

Ever.

I don't usually like having some guys go in for the finishing blow. Not being doubled or not. Even though they are absolutely great, they still have to have a certain amount of effort in before that greatness starts showing. And I've already said that there will be times where I won't want them to go hero.
The only thing I intend to stop you from doing is claiming that Zag/Wolf are anything BUT the best characters in the game.
Now I know how Fox felt when she did the same. And also, when I am using the best characters doesn't necessarily mean I have to like it. Edited by Little Al

I don't usually like having some guys go in for the finishing blow. Not being doubled or not.

that came out wrong

i meant to say "speed matters when youre never taking any damage, ever."

. Even though they are absolutely great, they still have to have a certain amount of effort in before that greatness starts showing.

Who on H5 DOESN'T? Even the cavs have a period of meh. The rewards far outweigh the penalties.

And I've already said that there will be times where I won't want them to go hero.

so go general

Now I know how Fox felt when she did the same.

Fox isn't silly enough to try and argue otherwise.

At least I hope not.

And also, when I am using the best characters doesn't necessarily mean I have to like it.

i don't care if you use them or not

they're still the best characters in the game like it or not

We all know who's the best character in the game.

That is, if Wolf and Sedgar could fuse and make an ultimate form of themselves. No problems with using Radd, just as long as you know the consequences, if you know what I mean (availability, a period of mehness, etc). Doesn't mean you can't use him.

Or the new pairing: ZagaroXRena.

Edited by Colonel M

Just bored. Though now that I think about it... how detrimental is Steel Sword!Raddy in NM?

I'm dead serious by the way. Unless the website is wrong and he starts with E Rank in Swords, but I thought he did have D Rank... he won't double with the Steel Sword in NM but eh...

Edited by Colonel M

Who on H5 DOESN'T? Even the cavs have a period of meh. The rewards far outweigh the penalties.
This is the truth.

In fact, probably the only character that's prepared for the future from the get go and doesn't require babying is Barst, and even then he still wants level ups quite a bit.

I tried using Radd on H5. Whatever you do, don't repeat my mistake. I do like Radd, and he's usable in lower difficulties (actually, after some boss abuse as a cavalier, I find him to be pretty good due to his rather high STR and DEF growths for a light class), but the fact that Radd starts at lv1 at that point in the game butchers him. He can stay myrmidon and not get doubled, but only do one or two points of damage to H5 enemies and often get OHKO'd in return (and even critical'd due to lol 1 LUK), or he can go cavalier and try to somehow get his lance level up to D to toss javelins at random enemies, but still suck because the damage dealt is still laughable and he then gets doubled by everything except for maybe armor dudes.

A high level Radd actually rocks, but the main problem is that he'll never reach said high level because the enemies rape him due to his weak start.

I haven't encountered Radd yet, but what would you need him for when you have Nabarl?

Seriously.

Also, if you don't mind if I go off topic for a while, SeddyXLena sounds like a pretty bad pairing, because I personally think Weird looking guyXBoring girl =/= hawt.

*Prepares to unleash statistical fury*. Well... at least Caesar got a lot better than Radd did.

fix'd

Ceasar hopped from bottom/low tier [lol worse than Bord] to upper mid. Raddy went from bottom tier...to low.

Edited by Norton Sez What?

Nabarl is a Myrmidon you get in chapter 3, in case you don't remember him, here's a picture.

nabarl.png

In the American version he's Navarre. That may be the confusion. Am I right?

Also, swordmaster Hardin is much better than Navarre (Nabarl). Hardin gets more STR, DEF, and has comparable SPD.

Also, swordmaster Hardin is much better than Navarre (Nabarl). Hardin gets more STR, DEF, and has comparable SPD.

But you get so much more out of Hardin as a cavalier because of his ability to use Silver Lances from the start.