What's Gundam 00 Like?

Fox

I've been looking to watch some Gundam series I haven't already watched to death. I heard that 00 has a slow start, but once it gets going it's pretty good. I require confirmation on this. Then again, I realize that I asked for confirmation prior to watching Gurren Lagaan and that was a piece of shit. A piece of shit. I hope your tastes have improved since our last encounter.

Season 1 is absolutely amazing. Fixes every single freaking problem SEED & Destiny had.

I am avoiding all opinions and spoilers on Season 2 until I see it.

Your opinion, I trust. Feel honored.

00 from what I've seen is meh. I'm not sure if it's the best non-UC Gundam - I'm partial to G Gundam, if only because it's so WTF-inspiring - but if you're not liking angsty emo-teens, stay away. Then again, I think I have to wonder if I hate all anime past 1999 at this point.

For reference: my favourite was Gundam Zeta.

I'm partial to G Gundam,

No, see, I'm looking for something I can actually enjoy watching. Your caution of angsty teens makes me uneasy. Guess we'll find out if I can stomach it soon enough.

I'm watching it on a certain program, and I'm enjoying it.

Forgive me if my opinion of all else is a turn-off for you, buddy. XD But I certainly find it worth the watch, if only for the fact that it's MUCH better than Gundam Seed or Destiny for that matter.

Edited by WyvernSageLord

No, see, I'm looking for something I can actually enjoy watching. Your caution of angsty teens makes me uneasy. Guess we'll find out if I can stomach it soon enough.

Well, it's better than SEED. Then again, anything is better than that.

I found the plot to be pretentious, and the characters modern stereotypes. If that's something you don't like - and I didn't care for it - then beware.

Then again, I realize that I asked for confirmation prior to watching Gurren Lagaan and that was a piece of shit. A piece of shit. I hope your tastes have improved since our last encounter.

I suspect there may have been some slight confusion. For some people, men yelling while hitting things with robots and making drill puns is the epitome of entertainment man. Well, that and the copious amounts of tits.

For some people, men yelling while hitting things with robots and making drill puns is the epitome of entertainment man. Well, that and the copious amounts of tits.

Though Gurren Lagann does pull stereotypes I happen to be one of those people whom you speak of. :]

I thought Gurren Lagann reveled in being a stupid mech spoof well enough, though there were times it accidentally took itself seriously that didn't really help it. def overhyped a bit though.

Edited by Rehab

00 is the best non-UC Gundam. I thought it would have a

sadder ending, though

As a gundam's fan, I have to say the best non-UC gundam series is Turn A Gundam. Gundam 00 is just better than Wing and Seed, that's all.

But if you want to watch 00, it's an alright mecha show, feel free to watch it

Edited by Frozen Sulley

I've been looking to watch some Gundam series I haven't already watched to death. I heard that 00 has a slow start, but once it gets going it's pretty good. I require confirmation on this. Then again, I realize that I asked for confirmation prior to watching Gurren Lagaan and that was a piece of shit. A piece of shit. I hope your tastes have improved since our last encounter.

Why must you continue to break my heart? :(

Probably not. A lot of lines in G Gundam just make you cringe. If you didn't find the over-the-top action of Gurren Lagann to outweigh its stupidity, you probably won't for G Gundam.

I've watched Gundam 00 season 1 and now watching season 2.

It's alright, some characters are cool but the Gundam meisters are a shitty emo-bishounen squad.

Animation quality is high and the mecha fights are well done.

As a gundam's fan, I have to say the best non-UC gundam series is Turn A Gundam. Gundam 00 is just better than Wing and Seed, that's all.

But doesn't Turn A have some

canon relations to the other UCs or someshit like that? Never watched it or X to be honest

Already watched both seasons. First season was a bit better than the second if only for a certain scene, but they were both pretty good. I have to say that Gundam 00 definitely has the best animations out of the gundam series (given, it's the latest, but...) Never are certain battle scenes repeated constantly to take up time (lol gundam seed), and overall, it's amazing. I love watching it in HQ. ;D

Expect little character development, though. It exists, but it's not that noticable.

Edited by Eltoshen

canon relations to the other UCs or someshit like that? Never watched it or X to be honest

I have only one question for you: in which standard do you estimate a Gundam series?

And, if you have never watched it, how can you judge it?

Elto: well, there are some character development but it's lame so if you really love flashy animation and cool looking mech Gundam 00 is a must to watch

Edited by Frozen Sulley

• 2 weeks later...

00 is the best non-UC Gundam. I thought it would have a

sadder ending, though

Uh, they're making a movie. :/

00 from what I've seen is meh. I'm not sure if it's the best non-UC Gundam - I'm partial to G Gundam, if only because it's so WTF-inspiring - but if you're not liking angsty emo-teens, stay away. Then again, I think I have to wonder if I hate all anime past 1999 at this point.

For reference: my favourite was Gundam Zeta.

Zeta had an awesome plot, but piss-shit pacing. 00 has awesome pacing, but generic plot. Both have positives and negatives. Also, you complain about angsty teens and your favorite Gundam has the angstiest lead of the lot? Lolwut?

I could kiss you right now. Finally, someone who recognizes the win of Turn A!

Actually,

Turn A claims that ALL Gundams take place in the same universe, albiet with craploads of time in between. 00 exempted itself by putting itself in our calendar, and SEED and SEEDestiny were actually retconned by Tomino himself.

Now then, I have to say 00 actually gets better as it progresses. Characters actually develop, unlike SEED's pathetic cast, and season 2 even goes out of it's way to deconstruct some of the crap we saw in Destiny. I still cheer every time I hear

Trans-GrahAm

^ Actually, I must admit: Seed's characters did change throughout the storyalbeit they never had much of a personality in the first place. It's Seed Destiny that you're probably referring to.

Edited by Eltoshen

^ Actually, I must admit: Seed's characters did change throughout the storyalbeit they never had much of a personality in the first place. It's Seed Destiny that you're probably referring to.

Not really. Only Fllay had any real development, and she got teh axe because people didn't like her. :/

Uh, they're making a movie. :/

I know that. Although they could still manage to do good things with a more downer ending.

I know that. Although they could still manage to do good things with a more downer ending.

They still may. Besides, they DID kill

Papa Bear

off...

Actually, some of the characters in 00 might have been better off if they woulda bit it. Louise, for one, comes to mind...

I find that the second season really brings this show down since GN DUST is basically jesus dust. It's completely overpowered and is basically a tool to make the story go however the writer wants. I rooted for prince ali while watching the show and I was so angry when I saw they hacked his gundam in order to win. He was fighting them at a disadvantage and rather than beating him using there already overpowered mechs.... they are forced to rely on the same old hacking tricks as usual. Yawn. Celestial Being = Noobs.

As the great prince said in the first season... "The gundam is a great mech.... but the pilots blow."

I find that the second season really brings this show down since GN DUST is basically jesus dust. It's completely overpowered and is basically a tool to make the story go however the writer wants. I rooted for prince ali while watching the show and I was so angry when I saw they hacked his gundam in order to win. He was fighting them at a disadvantage and rather than beating him using there already overpowered mechs.... they are forced to rely on the same old hacking tricks as usual. Yawn. Celestial Being = Noobs.

As the great prince said in the first season... "The gundam is a great mech.... but the pilots blow."

Setsuna gets better. And Graham STILL kicks his ass in a mook suit. As for the whole "GN Pixie Dust" thing, every ability presented so far is basically just extrapolating on what we knew GN Particles did in the first place. Granted, It's gone a bit overboard, but when you remember that Minovsky Particles from the UC era allowed an UNBORN FETUS to push back AXIS, it's not THAT bad.

...Okay, the 00 is that bad. At least it's justified.