3) Ukitake

4) Shunsui

5) Byakuya

6) Komamura

7) Kenpachi

8) Kurotsuchi

9) Soi Fon

10) Hitsugaya

My Favorites are Ukitake and Hitsugaya. I'm also fond of Unohana because she tends to avoid fighting. For this same reason I like Stark of the Espada. I dislike Soi Fon and I sort of feel sorry for Komamura, because he's a good character, but he doesn't have much appeal to me.

Also, the OP needs to learn how to spell and type.

Well according to that, Kenpachi, Hitsugaya, and Ukitake were out of place on my list, but to be honest, I think Kenpachi's strength lies more in his ability to overwhelm his foes with brute strength, but I also think he may actually get stronger later and learn to actually utilize his reiatsu better in the future, Hitsugaya I think will gain strength as he ages, and I think Ukitake has some hidden strengths that are left unshown due to his ailment. Soi Fon I rated higher than Hitsugaya solely because she has an instant kill move, which is cheap, but also effective.

Well according to that, Kenpachi, Hitsugaya, and Ukitake were out of place on my list, but to be honest, I think Kenpachi's strength lies more in his ability to overwhelm his foes with brute strength, but I also think he may actually get stronger later and learn to actually utilize his reiatsu better in the future, Hitsugaya I think will gain strength as he ages, and I think Ukitake has some hidden strengths that are left unshown due to his ailment. Soi Fon I rated higher than Hitsugaya solely because she has an instant kill move, which is cheap, but also effective.

well not only is soi fon have that ability she is also a young captain, I believe she is the second youngest next to Histugaya; and yoruichi also was her mentor so she should get stronger later on. Also she is inexperienced in fully utilizing her bankai just yet just like Hitsugaya is.

well not only is soi fon have that ability she is also a young captain, I believe she is the second youngest next to Histugaya; and yoruichi also was her mentor so she should get stronger later on. Also she is inexperienced in fully utilizing her bankai just yet just like Hitsugaya is.

True, I did not take that into consideration.

Hm... I'm not going to give numbered ranks but more general groups of Captains, this will include the now rebelling Captains.

Aizen, Yamamoto-

Ok, I don't think anyone will argue with this. I do think, however, that Aizen possibly deserves a completely separate group.

Ukitake, Shunsui, Unohana-

Other than Yamamoto, these are the three oldest Captains in Soul Society and are part of the original Gotei 13. Ukitake and Shunsui even trained under Yamamoto before the Gotei 13 was formed, IIRC.

Byakuya, Gin, Tousen-

This one should take a bit more explanation than the rest. Byakuya is strong, really strong. A lot of people will take his loss to Ichigo as a point to use against him. It shouldn't be though as Ichigo's loss was basically guaranteed until Hollow Zangetsu came out and got in a good shot on Byakuya. Had that not happened, Byakuya would've definitely won.

Gin is a bit of a mystery. However, I'm going to include him here partially because of his attitude. He is the only one who really just does what he wants despite his Leader's orders. However, we have seen very little combat out of him so I'll have to trust in Aizen's decision.

Tousen is in a case similar to Byakuya. Everyone takes a look at his loss to Kenpachi as a sign of weakness. However, he was also taken by complete surprise. Also, he took of Grimmjow's arm with an unreleased Zanpakuto with ease. That should definitely put him fairly high.

Komamura, Kurotsuchi, Kenpachi-

This one takes a lot less explanation than what I just went through. These three are weak, despite their victories, as they are the epitome of one trick ponies in Bleach. Outside of what they do, they are crap. You will never see Kurotsuchi fighting hand to hand nor will you ever see Komamura and Kenpachi shooting off Kido or anything.

Hitsugaya, Soi Fon-

These two are weak, despite how much I like Hitsugaya, because of a vast lack of experience compared to everyone else. Their powers are also only maturing. I'm certain these two, despite my dislike of Soi Fon, will rise up in the ranks.

This one should take a bit more explanation than the rest. Byakuya is strong, really strong. A lot of people will take his loss to Ichigo as a point to use against him. It shouldn't be though as Ichigo's loss was basically guaranteed until Hollow Zangetsu came out and got in a good shot on Byakuya. Had that not happened, Byakuya would've definitely won.

And the only reason that Ichigo needed the Hollow form to save him was on account of the fact that his newfound spiritual pressure hurt him, slowing him down. Had Ichigo not received that injury, he'd have defeated Byakuya without assistance.

Byakuya, in terms of appearance, is hard to rate at the moment. He seemed a lot stronger back when Ichigo was weaker, and his fight with Zommari makes him look a lot weaker, since he was only number eight. Though he probably is higher, I'm inclined to place him a bit lower.

Komamura, Kurotsuchi, Kenpachi-

This one takes a lot less explanation than what I just went through. These three are weak, despite their victories, as they are the epitome of one trick ponies in Bleach. Outside of what they do, they are crap. You will never see Kurotsuchi fighting hand to hand nor will you ever see Komamura and Kenpachi shooting off Kido or anything.

Agreed, excepting Kenpachi. He may lack Kido skills, but his other abilities far offset any of his weaknesses. He has shown that the only reason that he really ever loses any fight is because he purposely makes himself weak enough to create a challenge. There's also the fact that we're not even sure whether he is using a permanent Shikai style like Ichigo, or just a plain unsealed zanpakuto.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

What's with the Komamura hate?

He can't be that weak! When everyone else was freaking out at the Arrancar destroying the pillar who showed up and smashed him? Komamura he didn't even break a sweat either while Ikkaku Who has the potential to be a Lieutenent or even Captain if he used Bankai more... almost died. He would have fought Kenpachi had he not been forced to pull back. He saw his, then, best friend fall to him. If your going to use the fact that Aizen took him out in one shot remember he can take most people out in one shot especially with that move he used on him.

If Komamura had fought Kenpachi he probably would have lost but I mean he could probably beat Kurotsuchi who always needs his experiments/potions/devices help. He may lose to someone like Byakuya but he's a more skilled swordsman then most of the Soul Reapers and he's calm never truly changing his emotions.

Also Byakuya is strong. Sure he lost to Ichigo so did Grimmjow, Ulquiorra, Kenpachi, Renji, and Ikkaku there are probably more but still are you going to say all of them are weak! He's the main character of the damn story! He's supposed to beat most people he fights sometime! Byakuya fought the 8th Espada who was weak but all of the injuries Byakuya recieved were self-infliceted so the Espada's power would stop. He can't be too weak. PLus who knows what we haven't seen of his Bankai powers. He used a few on Ichigo and one on Zommari so who knows what else he does have. If he fought Kenpachi he probably would lose at some time but so would most Soul Reapers.

what does soi fon's bankai do? is it very similar to her shikai?

On contrary it is the very opposite. Soi Fon's Bankai is Jakuhō Raikōben, meaning "Hornet Whip of the Thunder Immortal." In this form, Suzumebachi covers her entire arm and becomes a long range weapon and looks like a rocket launcher. It basicly shoots out high speed projectiles that resemble missiles. Due to the great recoil, it recquires Soi Fon to Be anchored down. She even detests it for being bulky and uncealable. Think of a badass missile covering her entire arm and thats what it looks like. ;)

On contrary it is the very opposite. Soi Fon's Bankai is Jakuhō Raikōben, meaning "Hornet Whip of the Thunder Immortal." In this form, Suzumebachi covers her entire arm and becomes a long range weapon and looks like a rocket launcher. It basicly shoots out high speed projectiles that resemble missiles. Due to the great recoil, it recquires Soi Fon to Be anchored down. She even detests it for being bulky and uncealable. Think of a badass missile covering her entire arm and thats what it looks like. ;)

And it's like twice her size...

He can't be that weak! When everyone else was freaking out at the Arrancar destroying the pillar who showed up and smashed him? Komamura he didn't even break a sweat either while Ikkaku Who has the potential to be a Lieutenent or even Captain if he used Bankai more... almost died. He would have fought Kenpachi had he not been forced to pull back. He saw his, then, best friend fall to him. If your going to use the fact that Aizen took him out in one shot remember he can take most people out in one shot especially with that move he used on him.

yes but He used his bankai in order to kill that whale, while Ikkaku would have to do the same thing. Look at his lieutenant, he is the weakest of all the lieutenants; even I can see that. If he has to use Bankai in order to kill someone as weak as that guy, there isn't much he can do against an Espada of the top 3.

Maybe Komamura just used his Bankai in order to quickly end the fight to prevent any further damage to the pillar or those rods to stop the transferring from completing?

And I'm not going by the anime, I'm going by the manga which depicts Komamura utterly OBLITERATING that whale with little to no effort with his Bankai.

Maybe Komamura just used his Bankai in order to quickly end the fight to prevent any further damage to the pillar or those rods to stop the transferring from completing?

And I'm not going by the anime, I'm going by the manga which depicts Komamura utterly OBLITERATING that whale with little to no effort with his Bankai.

Komamura is awesome and all and a very strong shinigami but it's hard to say which captain he is superior to other than Hitsugaya and Soi-Fong. Just to try to explain furthermore but feel free to try to complain.

Gin did very well against Hitsugaya, he didnt even get hurt and he seems pretty strong despite that.

Tousen has his whole bankai thing that would kill anybody who isn't able to stop it or isn't as awesome as Kenpachi.

Kurotsuchi has way too many tricks up his sleeve, he could turn invulnerable for a while for crying out loud (when he turns into water to run away).

Byakuya is an amazing fighter really, with his speed and his spells when you think about it, he would've won faster against that Espada if Rukia wasn't there.

Unohana is really a mystery so we can't say.

You won't complain about the rest will you?

yes but He used his bankai in order to kill that whale, while Ikkaku would have to do the same thing. Look at his lieutenant, he is the weakest of all the lieutenants; even I can see that. If he has to use Bankai in order to kill someone as weak as that guy, there isn't much he can do against an Espada of the top 3.

Like Sage Lord said I think he used his Bankai to beat the whale guy quickly. I mean if you were fighting against a huge Arrancar that destroyed a pillar and was going for the other ones wouldn't you want to take him out quickly? The best way is to use something close to his size like Komamura's Bankai! And just because his Lieutenant is weak doesn't mean he is.

The exact reason that Ikkaku lost was because he did not use his Bankai. Otherwise, he'd probably have ended up the victor.

If Komamura had fought Kenpachi he probably would have lost but I mean he could probably beat Kurotsuchi who always needs his experiments/potions/devices help. He may lose to someone like Byakuya but he's a more skilled swordsman then most of the Soul Reapers and he's calm never truly changing his emotions.

He would probably beat Kurotshuchi in one-on-one combat, but Kurotshuchi is like the Batman of Bleach; he has a plan for everything.

Also Byakuya is strong. Sure he lost to Ichigo so did Grimmjow, Ulquiorra, Kenpachi, Renji, and Ikkaku there are probably more but still are you going to say all of them are weak! He's the main character of the damn story! He's supposed to beat most people he fights sometime! Byakuya fought the 8th Espada who was weak but all of the injuries Byakuya recieved were self-infliceted so the Espada's power would stop. He can't be too weak. PLus who knows what we haven't seen of his Bankai powers. He used a few on Ichigo and one on Zommari so who knows what else he does have. If he fought Kenpachi he probably would lose at some time but so would most Soul Reapers.

The Senkei bit of Senbonzakura Kageyoshi is his ultimate ability; I don't think there's a reason to believe that he has something more, unless one is led to believe that there's something after Bankai.

But he did use a new move on Zomarri. As for Ultimate ability no he won't have anymore but he could have some more abilities he has never used. He was also not expecting Ichigo to be as strong as he was and was even more shocked when he did his Hollow form. which is probably the main reason Ichigo won

But he did use a new move on Zomarri. As for Ultimate ability no he won't have anymore but he could have some more abilities he has never used. He was also not expecting Ichigo to be as strong as he was and was even more shocked when he did his Hollow form. which is probably the main reason Ichigo won

Also, as mentioned numerous times in the anime and manga, Ichigo's power fluctuates drastically.

I think that's just Kubo's excuse to make Ichigo lose easy battles.