Favorite thief

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite thief in this game?

• Chad
    • astohl
    • Cath

Astol. I thought his supports and backstory were interesting unlike a lot of characters. Chad's the best of the three though.

Astol. I don't like leveling thieves, so having a thief that can auto manically survive a bolting or purge is nice. Chad has an impossible start, as he is one shot by the soldiers in his joining chapter.

Chad is awesome, he is pretty good in-game and he was in the manga. It's a shame the creators didn't think of thieves that promote yet at the time.

They did. In FE4 and 5, they became Thief Fighters.

FE6 did a lot of regressing though. Thief promotion was part of it.

They did. In FE4 and 5, they became Thief Fighters.

FE6 did a lot of regressing though. Thief promotion was part of it.

Yeah. Can you actually imagine Chad & Cath as Rogues? Or Asthol as an Assasin?

Cath. She gets the HM bonuses and that she should be used in the HM more than the other two.

Chad and Cath would make the best Rogues in the GBA series, Asthol would be a decent assasin, but not as good as the later ones since he has a good Def base but his growth isn't all that and his luck growth barely exist.

Cath. She gets the HM bonuses and that she should be used in the HM more than the other two.

Why would the HM bonuses, in any way, benefit her or make you more likely to use her? Especially since, IIRC, she can't dent a fucking thing with them.

Why would the HM bonuses, in any way, benefit her or make you more likely to use her? Especially since, IIRC, she can't dent a fucking thing with them.

Because she can cap skill and probally get better Str than Asthol and equal to Chad's.

Because she can cap skill and probally get better Str than Asthol and equal to Chad's.

In other words, absolutely no reason other than to see green... yay!

I vote Astohl, Chad may be around for a while longer but I don't give damn about any of the thieves' supports nor their combat so they'll never level and later on there will be Long range attacks that can easily 1 shot Chad but not Astohl and then when he is 1 shot by a long range magic tome, Pure Water fixes the issue.

I usually kill Cath on her 3rd appearance. The EXP from that is more useful to me than recruiting her since I'll just have Cath as a selectable character when I'll never even use her a.k.a fucking pointless.

Edited by Sirius

• 3 weeks later...

Asthol gets my vote. He comes at a decent level and can survive an attack from ranged magic/a physical blow unlike Chad and Cath. They'll die just from picking up loot that's how sucky they are

Also, why level up your thief? They can't promote and unlike in Thracia 776, your movement does not increase (I forgot whether or not the Swiftsoles are in this one. I think they are? O_o). Save the axe wielders for... :Roy: