• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sooo... uh, Kingdom Hearts III was just announced. Wow. We've been waiting so long, I'm in a mild state of denial. But here's the trailer:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/10/kingdom-hearts-iii-reveal-trailer-e3-2013-sony-conference

The cell shaded style looks amazing, but I'm not looking forward to going from the Command Deck of BbS/Re:coded/DDD back to the KH1/2 button-mash system. Still, looks great and I'm super excited.

Its been a long time coming.....7 mother f*cking years of waiting through all the side stories (which weren't bad, but weren't what I wanted either).....Its finally coming at last! Heartless surfing aside, the graphics look phenomenal! Ahhhhh, this is really gonna hurt my wallet considering I JUST got the PS3 a few months ago, but someday when I have the money I WILL get it.....now I just have to save up for KH3D since a year after it came out I still don't have it.... T_T

• 1 month later...

After all of the junk jerking they've done with the side-games, and the horrible ass-play they're doing with Axel.. I'm actually not really looking forward to this as much as I used to be, I remember when I finished fresh Kingdom Hearts II, after playing days through Chain of Memories on the GBA, only to be led through countless pointless renditions of KH that weren't bringing me forward.
*sigh*

Maybe some later trailers will make the spark come back.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After all of the junk jerking they've done with the side-games, and the horrible ass-play they're doing with Axel.. I'm actually not really looking forward to this as much as I used to be, I remember when I finished fresh Kingdom Hearts II, after playing days through Chain of Memories on the GBA, only to be led through countless pointless renditions of KH that weren't bringing me forward.

*sigh*

Maybe some later trailers will make the spark come back.

It definitely has been too long since the last numbered title, but the games between have been far from pointless. Hate to say it, but BbS and DDD have basically made KH1 and KH2 irrelevant to the series' plot. At this point the KH trilogy is BbS-DDD-KH3, with KH1 and KH2 being important side games which explain the early life of Sora leading up to his confrontation with the actual series villain, Master Xehanort.

That said, coded and X are pretty pointless. Days will likely be modestly important (given that Xion is among those to be saved in KH3), but is mostly a side-story. I wish the HD remakes were useless, but they are pretty necessary at this point, given how much Nomura loves console-hopping. It has taken a ton of money or a lot of time on Youtube to keep up with this series.

tl;dr the series has a lot of issues, but irrelevant spinoffs are strangely not one of them. Just because they didn't give it a number and released it on an (at the time) unpopular handheld doesn't mean it's not more important than the numbered titles, apparantly.

(and yes Axel having a Keyblade is one of Nomura's more stupid ideas)

(and yes Axel having a Keyblade is one of Nomura's more stupid ideas)

Erm, tons and tons of fans would disagree with you. He was meant to die off but he had such an hugely positive fan response that they kept him around.

That being said, I wasn't fond of it at first, and I'm warming up to the idea. He's still a better choice to get a keyblade than many people, and I think it makes sense with him wanting to re connect with Roxas and connecting with Sora.

Edited by Bryan