Wii console-related question

I was just curious- is it possible to somehow remove the disk while the game is in the middle of playing, like with the PS2, GameCube or other consoles with a disk lid/cover?

I don't own a Wii myself, so I don't know how disk playing works.

The answer to this question determines if my actual (FE10-related) question is worth asking ^^

I was just curious- is it possible to somehow remove the disk while the game is in the middle of playing, like with the PS2, GameCube or other consoles with a disk lid/cover

Yes it is. All you need to do is press the 'Eject' button, located on the Wii's front.

What happens, exactly, when you do that?

The disc pops out, and the screen either goes black and says "please re-insert the disc" and it will resume, or the screen goes into a notice preloaded by the game requiring a restart.

Something REALLY wierd happened to me. I was playing FE10 and took a break by going to that menu that says "Home" and "Reset". I came back two days later and forgot about it and while it was on took the disk out and played another game. Afterwards I put Radiant Dawn back in and relised what happened and I continuted it where I left off. I have absolutely no idea what happened :wacko::unsure:

Okay, thanks. I was curious if the Wii worked in the same way as some other consoles.

Unfortunately, I forgot I was messing around with the Japanese version, where it apparently prompts you to re-insert the "Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn" game disk back in. I was hoping they forgot to change the name in the English versions : P