dark magic

Oujay

Empty Slot.

In all seriousness though, I'd have to say...Ray. Ray can at least become remotely useful. Canas's excuse is he has to deal with far shittier units, which I feel kills him out of some use. Salem's use is mainly for his staffs since as an actual mage he royally blows, Sophia blows, Niime comes a bit too late and is great considering staffs rather than actual dark magic, FE8 dark mages suck dick and so does Pelleas.

Perhaps I'm biased for the evil satan twin...

They all suck

Empty Slot.

Barring that, the best answer is, unfortunately, "They all suck."

I'm going to take the easy way out of this and say "They all suck."

Need I say more?

From my own experience, Ray and Canas aren't that bad, but they aren't particularly good either. I'd give the edge to Ray for more reliable supports.

Otherwise, Sophia, Niime, Ewan, Knoll, and Pelleas are all terrible. If you count Athos and Lehran, I guess Athos could be considered the best but Lehran is much more iffy due to barely existing.

Just for clarification: People say Ewan sucks because he needs to be babied right? Not because he has bad stats?

We say he sucks because he needs to be babied and still has bad stats.

Anywho, I'd say Canas, simply because Luna is broken in FE7.

Edited by Xort

Anywho, I'd say Canas, simply because Luna is broken in FE7.

Luna actually sucks against anything but bosses and mage enemies, really. Like anything above flux, it's too heavy and is too inaccurate to be of much use. 0 Mt also sucks since atk = mag, and usually his other tomes will give better damage output. 20 crit is nice at least.

I find Canas is the best, due to a lack of competition. He isn't ZOMG top tier, but he's decent all around. Luna comes in handy at the end of the game since boss enemies have high Res.

From what I've seen

Salem: Nothing to do with dark magic, as forementioned

Ray: Kinda good, nothing special

Sophia: See "magikarp power"

Niime: Salem as a 100 year old hag

Canas: Ray without competition, until...

Athos: pwns faces.For one Chapter.

Knoll: Ehhh

Ewan: At least he might end up better than the fella above, but still he's not doing anything noteworthy.

What about Lyon?

What about Lyon?

He sucks too. lol0AS. Also, for the character who you have to beat the Ruin three times to get, his level of suck is just plain unforgivable.

Edited by Jonathan Aulin

I don't understand those who say that an empty slot is better than every dark magic user in the game because the better ones (Canas, Ray, Salem) all clearly have positive utility and even the worse ones like Niime are still worth fielding.