A few questions about FE5

Conomore

I thought SSS only required you to have alive the maximum number of recruitable characters at the end of the game. Since Olwen and Eyrios are mutually-exclusive, you have to have one but must not have neither.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought SSS only required you to have alive the maximum number of recruitable characters at the end of the game. Since Olwen and Eyrios are mutually-exclusive, you have to have one but must not have neither.

You cannot have both of them? Sorry for the confusion then, I haven't finished FE5 yet. xD"

^ I find it ironic that you're a fan of Olwen and you're telling others to kill her. /s

anyways, this is why I prefer FE4 over FE5. Whenever I play FE5, my ass feels rushed at every moment, unlike in FE4, where I can take breaks and prepare for the next battle.

It is true that FE5 takes a lot of energy and , but I manage this by doing my playthrough very slowly and using quick save or stopping after finishing a chapter whenever I'm feeling tired after playing.

I really do love that in FE5 that you always have to adapt, always need a backup plan in case something goes wrong, always taking a risk. There needs to be more games like this.

^ I find it ironic that you're a fan of Olwen and you're telling others to kill her. /s

anyways, this is why I prefer FE4 over FE5. Whenever I play FE5, my ass feels rushed at every moment, unlike in FE4, where I can take breaks and prepare for the next battle.

That's Da Woes. His only distinctive feature is his insistent and irrational hatred of Olwen.

So hurry up and kill olwen.

And waste her excellent personal weapons.

Chapter 14 is horrendous, as is Chapter 22.

Just like 24X is evil.

When you get to chapter 11x (beating chapter 11 in 20 turns and activating portcullis) you get this purple haired mage knight. Her bases are atrocious, but use her until her tome goes broke, then kill her dead. Then you get a very good mage knight called Eyrios.

You don't have to have her dead. Just don't convert her into a playable unit if you don't want her.

The "Talk" command won't show up if Olwen's still alive when you place Karin adjacent to him. She must die for Eyrios to join.

No she don't. I haven't recruit her and I still got him.

That's Da Woes. His only distinctive feature is his insistent and irrational hatred of Olwen.

Da-woes was deleted during the blackout. Good job sherlock, but empty bluster doesn't mean anything.

And waste her .....

Yes! You finally understand!

.... excellent personal weapons.

No! 60 uses of a weapon that takes two or more hits to kill that misses quite frequently does not last long. Have fun lifis spamming for a second tome. Olwens dead by the third. Read the tablet:

Correction: Daim thunder with an atrocious vassal is better than Eyrios because of join time.

Tome 1: Default Fail

Tome 2: Lifis Spam

Tome 3: (Olwen is already dead)

The sig is sarcasm, btw.

No! 60 uses of a weapon that takes two or more hits to kill that misses quite frequently does not last long. Have fun lifis spamming for a second tome. Olwens dead by the third. Read the tablet:

It 2HKOs like everything, and Olwen has +10 hit from Leaf support as well as potential hit bonuses from leadership and Charisma (Nanna, Delmud, King's Sword).

Parameter-wise Eyrios is better, but there's nothing wrong with using Olwen until Eyrios shows up and then killing her off.

To clarify: Eyrios is recruitable if Olwen is not in your army. There are two ways to accomplish this:

1) Never recruit her.

2) Recruit her, then kill her.

Either works, as long as she is not in the army at the time and is not captured. You might think yourself clever to get Olwen captured and then try to recruit Eyrios, but that won't work.

Parameter-wise Eyrios is better, but there's nothing wrong with using Olwen until Eyrios shows up and then killing her off.

That is exactly what you are supposed to do.

Probably likes Kempf for that reason >_>

Sherlock #2

Daimthunder>Eyrios because of join time. Actual in those super cool tiers, olwen is above eyrios by a spot. But the best thing to do is use daimthunde until it breaks, then sac olwen for a fresher mage knight.

If Olwen misses ONE hit of Daimthunder, she dies. She'll have lol 0AS with it (Lowers AS by 12), so she'll be doubled by quite a few enemies. And she can't really afford to be doubled with her atrocious durability. So even with Ambush, she literally cannot miss a hit or she dies. Having similar base stats to Alva (an underlevelled unpromoted lance knight) doesn't really help her case either.

From what I'm reading, I'm under the impression she's eventually going to die anyway, so...

Ambush is meant to be insurance and semi-reliable enemy phase killing. Plus she's very close to Bolting and she can use those, you can get 3-4 before Eyrios is even available (you can save them for him of course, if you're inclined to).

If Eyrios had a high base Fire weapon rank, he'd easily be better than Olwen since he could spend the rest of the game spamming Meteors from 8000 miles away. He's pretty close on Fire rank but Olwen actually starts closer. How 'bout them apples.

Eyrios is better, because he can take a beating(with better DEF plus Sun Hit and Prayer) while still maintaining ridiculous offensive power. Olwen is a typical glass cannon, she kills things easily, but gets killed easily in return.

Being a mage knight, both of them have the ability to pick a weapon to target the enemy's weakest point. Whip out magic on physical units and dominate them with their low MGC, whip out a sword for magic users and dominate them with their low DEF. So, really, Olwen's offensive lead really isn't all that much people make it out to be.

Eyrios is better, because he can take a beating(with better DEF plus Sun Hit and Prayer) while still maintaining ridiculous offensive power. Olwen is a typical glass cannon, she kills things easily, but gets killed easily in return.

Being a mage knight, both of them have the ability to pick a weapon to target the enemy's weakest point. Whip out magic on physical units and dominate them with their low MGC, whip out a sword for magic users and dominate them with their low DEF. So, really, Olwen's offensive lead really isn't all that much people make it out to be.

She also exists longer than he does, and can be scroll abused more if you're inclined to do that. If you don't "abuse" scrolls, she can still level with them. That's a bit harder to quantify.

She also exists longer than he does, and can be scroll abused more if you're inclined to do that. If you don't "abuse" scrolls, she can still level with them. That's a bit harder to quantify.

She needs to die or not be recruited in order to get Eyrios, so, what you do is use her up until 16a, have her suicide there while taking out the brigand around Eyrios' troupe, then, you get Eyrios for longer than Olwen.

She needs to die or not be recruited in order to get Eyrios, so, what you do is use her up until 16a, have her suicide there while taking out the brigand around Eyrios' troupe, then, you get Eyrios for longer than Olwen.

There's the other elephant in the room which is: What if we take Route B? Then Eyrios never exists at all. And it's not like we'd never take that route, as it comes with many benefits (Luna manual, extra Pugi, Shanam's Bargain, more Silence staves, a Berserk staff). You could even count Miranda for the very vague point that she allows you to have two Mage Knights at once. Admittedly pointless unless abusing arenas or something since Miranda sucks, but it is there to be noted.

And I want to stress, that Berserk staff is very useful. Maybe not as useful as extra Warp staves, but it's great for a lot of things that would otherwise be quite annoying. If you aren't or cannot Warp-skip 22, having a Berserk is indispensable as it lets you Berserk the ballistas or even Reinhardt's goons (assuming you have someone like Safy with a Pure Water or M Up or something around). It can really take off the pressure - and the first Berserk staff you'll get on the A route is Coen's, which he'll break using on you if you don't Warp-skip and which you aren't getting if you DO Warp-skip.

So it's not unreasonable that someone might take the B route, which means that in roughly half of all games, Eyrios isn't there at all.

Edited by Renall

1. Olwens only way of killing (daim thunder) doesn't have anything to do with PCC. In fact, olwen using PCC is bad because that means she took a hit.

2. Eyrios has INSANE durability. 40/10 compared to olwens 24/4. Olwen NEEDS daim thunder. that is the only way she gets any kills.

3. Olwen levels slowly and starts with crap stats. Sure you can find an excuse to baby her but she still rises as fast a slug. Literally. Eyrios starts with amazing stats, so by the time olwen gets any AS, it is Eyrios time.

4. AS. Oh yea. -12 AS from daimthunder, the only weapon she can kill with! It takes scroll abuse just to get positive AS. That means that if she fails hit twice with daimthunder, she DIES. 70 base it with daim thunder. Thracia style RNG. Everyone doubles her.

5. Ballistae. Ambush doesn't work here. They 2RKO her. 24/4

6. Unreliable skills? Eyrios has extreme luck which gives him high chances with prayer (it makes him almost impossble to kill-

Eyrios' Prayer shouldn't be doing anything since he should be so easy to keep at full health, but nonetheless he has quite insane luck, so it might just happen to save his life. 42% chance to trigger 100% avo upon death, 60% if his luck maxes out (needs 6 level-ups, but with a 70% growth and scrolls such as Ulir, Heim and especially Blaggi, that's more of a matter of "will he grow 6 levels" than "will he gain luk").

42% chance? Unreliable?

7. Sol- Sol is probably the best skill in the game. 18% activation with thunder sword (which eyrios can take from Freddy and use quite well) Fred-Olwen=16 years

Omg only 18? Well that is 1/5 of the time, so every 5 kills, he gets his hp back. (40. 40 HP)

8. Sleuf has an auto A in staves. +1 staff spam.

9. Miranda is one of the worst units in the game. She can't use swords. She can't use staves. She can do chip damage before she is OHKO'd.

That is the best thing to do. Once her daimthunder is gone, she is worthless.

Her stats start negative. You have to baby her to get her to par, and by then eyrios shows up. Olwen, being promoted, levels slowly. Very slowly. She still only gets 1+ while her speed is -4.

(Luna manual, extra Pugi, Shanam's Bargain, more Silence staves, a Berserk staff).

Not like you get anything on eyrios' route? Sol>Luna. Sleuf>Shanam. You already have plenty of silence. You get more warp staves>Any staff. Plus a bucketload of thorons. You have a repair staff for pugi. use it.