Fire Emblem 7, Battle animations

lucky48910

Lol I give up. I wont be able to do this. Stupid FE7 with no female shamans...

Ok, I'll give it a go at explaining how to import it with Feditor Adv. I'm going to assume you have the same version as I do.

1. In your FEditor Adv folder, click the application thing or whatever it is called 'run'

2. You will be prompted to open a file. Open up a clean FE6 or FE8 ROM.

3. Click on Tools, then 'Class Animation Manager.' A standing sprite, a weird looking sheet, some colors and a bunch of buttons should pop up.

4. Click the arrow pointing up next to Input Index, and scroll through the animations until you find Female Shaman. If you are using FE8, go to 76. I don't know what it is for FE6.

5. Click the button that says Dump. Give it whatever name you feel like (For this example, I'll call it ShamanF), then save it. You should probably save it into a new folder, because it saves more than one file.

6. Here's where you need a hex editor. My personal favourite is HxD. So use it. Anyway, in that folder you 'dumped' the animation into, there will be a file called 'whatever you called it' Frame Data.dmp (in my case, "ShamanF Frame Data.dmp) Open this file with HxD

7. You will see a bunch of numbers. Press Ctrl+R. Click the bubble that says All (its above Forward) Change the drop down box next to 'Datatype' from 'Text-string' to Hex-values

8. Enter 47 00 00 85 into the 'Search For' text box, and 00 00 00 85 into the 'Replace with' text box. Press Ok.

9. A text box should pop up and say it replaced 7 occurences. Close the text box, and save the file.

10. Run FEditor again, only this time, open FE7 instead of FE6 or FE8

11. Again, click on Tools, then 'Class Animation Manager'

12. Look where it says 'Max Index' at the top of the screen. The Max Index should say A2. Change this to A3.

13. In the Input index, enter A3. It should remain as whatever animation you were last viewing.

14. Click on the button that says 'Insert'. You will be prompted to open a file. Go to that folder where you dumped the animation, and select (whatever you called it), The one that has

no file extension, so for me its 'ShamanF'.

15. Wait a couple of seconds, and a text box should say 'Animation Inserted!' Now click File, then save. And thats it, you're done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok, I'll give it a go at explaining how to import it with Feditor Adv. I'm going to assume you have the same version as I do.

1. In your FEditor Adv folder, click the application thing or whatever it is called 'run'

2. You will be prompted to open a file. Open up a clean FE6 or FE8 ROM.

3. Click on Tools, then 'Class Animation Manager.' A standing sprite, a weird looking sheet, some colors and a bunch of buttons should pop up.

4. Click the arrow pointing up next to Input Index, and scroll through the animations until you find Female Shaman. If you are using FE8, go to 76. I don't know what it is for FE6.

5. Click the button that says Dump. Give it whatever name you feel like (For this example, I'll call it ShamanF), then save it. You should probably save it into a new folder, because it saves more than one file.

6. Here's where you need a hex editor. My personal favourite is HxD. So use it. Anyway, in that folder you 'dumped' the animation into, there will be a file called 'whatever you called it' Frame Data.dmp (in my case, "ShamanF Frame Data.dmp) Open this file with HxD

7. You will see a bunch of numbers. Press Ctrl+R. Click the bubble that says All (its above Forward) Change the drop down box next to 'Datatype' from 'Text-string' to Hex-values

8. Enter 47 00 00 85 into the 'Search For' text box, and 00 00 00 85 into the 'Replace with' text box. Press Ok.

9. A text box should pop up and say it replaced 7 occurences. Close the text box, and save the file.

10. Run FEditor again, only this time, open FE7 instead of FE6 or FE8

11. Again, click on Tools, then 'Class Animation Manager'

12. Look where it says 'Max Index' at the top of the screen. The Max Index should say A2. Change this to A3.

13. In the Input index, enter A3. It should remain as whatever animation you were last viewing.

14. Click on the button that says 'Insert'. You will be prompted to open a file. Go to that folder where you dumped the animation, and select (whatever you called it), The one that has

no file extension, so for me its 'ShamanF'.

15. Wait a couple of seconds, and a text box should say 'Animation Inserted!' Now click File, then save. And thats it, you're done!

What class does it replace?