• FE3
    • FE4
    • FE5
    • FE6
    • FE7
    • FE8
    • FE9
    • FE10

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (FE4) would me by favorite of all the list.

-Sigurd, one of the greatest Lords throughout the series

-Special feature is that you can actually revive your units when they're dead

-Best plot twist storyline ever encountered.

The only problem was that most people that I've talked to have never played this game. <_<

^ like me

FE8 and you can tell what they're Fav FE game is on the side saying Fav FE game

I know, but it's not like I'm going to look at everyone's profile just to find out what the majority likes best.

Also, I wish I could play FE4.

*Waits for Nintendo to release remake here*

I see yours on the same window as the post

That's what I meant by profile (well I don't know what to call the part under your avatar). Also, you can explain why that FE is your favorite.

FE3. It's got the remake of a phenomenal game, the one that started it all, then another story to go with it. The second book is great, as is the first, and the game can be fairly challenging (getting Falchion is annoying as hell). I like the challenge, story, characters, and the fact that it stars Marth. XD

In about order:

1) Gaiden (FE2)

2) Seisen (FE4)

3) Akatsuki (FE10)

4) Thracia (FE5)

5) Souen (FE9)

6) Monshou (FE3)

7) Fuuin (FE6)

8) Seima (FE8)

9) Rekka (FE7)

10) Ankoku (FE1)

Each group seems to jump around location a tad every now and then, but this is the basic gist of the series for me. Gaiden is one of the ones I like dearly, and I think I may be playing it in the coming days. Its gameplay is addictive, it is an 8-bit game, and has nice music. That's all I need.

Seisen still has fun gameplay for me, although, I never clump it in with Fire Emblem much anymore. Instead I just recommend it as a good game, simply because, it's more than a Fire Emblem while at the same time, less one. I suggest everyone try it once.

Akatsuki was like opening Souen a few days after the JAP release in the States: lovely. I used to say Souen was basically a revolution of Thracia and Monshou together, gameplay-wise. Akatsuki, for me, only sugarcoated the deal. Although the music has taken a direct hit for the worse (majority of tracks are ambient :( ) I like many other parts of the game, and have actually came back around to playing it (currently Part III, Chapter 2/3 or so). I could stand without being forced into separate parties, which in the end, actually gives me less characters to play with (I like to play with new characters each time through), and the game also seems to have extra hours of gameplay in it. Last chapter, I particularly didn't like going through 72 characters to set up my final team, juggling skills and items-that was an endeavor in itself ._.

I'll poke Gaiden for now~

Also, I wish I could play FE4.

*Waits for Nintendo to release remake here*

You have a long while to go buddy. You might want to consider taking some of the honey while you wait.

Edited by Celice

In about order:

1) Gaiden (FE2)

2) Seisen (FE4)

3) Akatsuki (FE10)

4) Thracia (FE5)

5) Souen (FE9)

6) Monshou (FE3)

7) Fuuin (FE6)

8) Seima (FE8)

9) Rekka (FE7)

10) Ankoku (FE1)

Each group seems to jump around location a tad every now and then, but this is the basic gist of the series for me. Gaiden is one of the ones I like dearly, and I think I may be playing it in the coming days. Its gameplay is addictive, it is an 8-bit game, and has nice music. That's all I need.

Seisen still has fun gameplay for me, although, I never clump it in with Fire Emblem much anymore. Instead I just recommend it as a good game, simply because, it's more than a Fire Emblem while at the same time, less one. I suggest everyone try it once.

Akatsuki was like opening Souen a few days after the JAP release in the States: lovely. I used to say Souen was basically a revolution of Thracia and Monshou together, gameplay-wise. Akatsuki, for me, only sugarcoated the deal. Although the music has taken a direct hit for the worse (majority of tracks are ambient :( ) I like many other parts of the game, and have actually came back around to playing it (currently Part III, Chapter 2/3 or so). I could stand without being forced into separate parties, which in the end, actually gives me less characters to play with (I like to play with new characters each time through), and the game also seems to have extra hours of gameplay in it. Last chapter, I particularly didn't like going through 72 characters to set up my final team, juggling skills and items-that was an endeavor in itself ._.

I'll poke Gaiden for now~

You have a long while to go buddy. You might want to consider taking some of the honey while you wait.

Wait, what's so great about Gaiden? I've heard fans say that is the worst FE out of all. Not that I agree with them, but I'm curious.

Gaiden's got some more traditional rpg "walk around in a town" parts, possibly some kind of interactive overworld map and from what I can tell, a very different leveling/class system from the others. I wouldn't be able to praise or defame it by a personal account, though.

4's my personal favorite because it's a good deal more challenging than most of the others, it actually gets more difficult as the game goes on instead of less (I found that near everything in Radiance turned into a slaughterfest about the time Ike promoted, though it was still definitely still enjoyable), and it had a great plot (though not terribly awesome dialogue) that relied on politics competently, instead of "Dude, they jacked the Emblem!" Also, based off track record alone, I'd say that Manfloy and Julius are the baddest dudes in the series.

Alvis getting told by his own son and a dark bishop... and then seeing the son of the man he killed come after him... I feel bad for Alvis. He actually did good when he first became Emperor. Then the Loptousu Sect starting to settle in...

Wait, what's so great about Gaiden? I've heard fans say that is the worst FE out of all. Not that I agree with them, but I'm curious.

Some fans hate the game. Some love it absolutely. Few are fine with it. I like its gameplay--it plays like every other Fire Emblem, except more RPG-like. You don't buy weapons, but instead find one, sometimes two, better weapons and equip them to raise your attack a bit. You don't have weapon uses. You learn magic as you level up, with some characters--magic costs HP to use. Towns you can walk around and talk to people, although it doesn't play a large role at all other than for story's sake most of the time. When walking between locations, enemies may attack you; near graveyards, the undead may get a hold of you, or if you're preparing an assault, the enemy may just charge towards your location rather than waiting for you to come to them. Once you meet an enemy, you'll be placed into a standard Fire Emblem battle.

EDIT: Teach me not to watch the movies before linking--beware Kingdom Hearts sound-overs -_-

EDIT2: As with all NES emulators, a lot of the palettes appear brighter than they should be. Looks like the uploader has a bad palette loader in his emulator. Or in other words: there's not so ugly a color scheme for those battle sprites.

Edited by Celice

Alvis getting told by his own son and a dark bishop... and then seeing the son of the man he killed come after him... I feel bad for Alvis. He actually did good when he first became Emperor. Then the Loptousu Sect starting to settle in...

Not to mention how he got more or less manipulated into falling in love with, y'know, his sister (it's okay, everybody! they only share the same dad, is all! l8 )in order for him to have what you could somewhat accurately call the reincarnation of the devil for a son.

Hey, nothing's wrong with a little blood-on-blood action, now and then. 'Sides, it added to the frustration and sense of hopelessness for Sigurd. At least Sigurd could have tried to fuck up Alvis instead of just setting there going <:o

My leaf turned out quite good lol and I loved capturing characters. It sa\ved me from killing Shiva. Items were too expensive though and I never had enough money for arenas... And I wasn't even warned about chapter 8x. I didn't use the two charries so I removed all their items >< Needless to say they're slightly dead now... The fatigue system is the only bit I really hate. I like having charries I can use when I like but I guess it was something new.

Edited by Cute Chao