FE6 ch4 Prison Chests

Renall

I forget, does everything Leaf has in his inventory at the end of ch3 show up in the chest rooms in ch4? I usually bank the scrolls for safekeeping but they'd be very useful in those chapters, along with my usual haul of the Killer Edge and Armorslayer that turn Fergus into Jesus.

Also, what happens with Lifis's inventory? Does it also get put in chests? It'd be nice to bring some extra Iron/Short Swords, an axe or two for Brighton, Javelin for Karin, Fire for Asvel, etc. I've just never really bothered to experiment with it. The maps show up to 18 chests available (4x rooms of 4x chests), but that's more inventory than Lifis and Leaf even have... so what's up with that?

Both Leaf and Rifis' equipment get put into chests, but I found it's best not to completely fill your inventory because you'll get a Rapier that makes taking out the armors an easier task.

Speaking of which, there's 16 chests and only 14 item slots. I know I remember an Iron Sword being there, but is there a complete list somewhere of what you can get?

Both Leaf and Rifis' equipment get put into chests, but I found it's best not to completely fill your inventory because you'll get a Rapier that makes taking out the armors an easier task.

So, say, something like:

Armorslayer

Killer Edge

Hammer (why not)

Brave Axe

Light Sword

Lockpick

Baldo Scroll

Hezul Scroll

Then maybe a couple more Iron Swords, but leave open some inventory space so the Rapier spawns?

So, say, something like:

Armorslayer

Killer Edge

Hammer (why not)

Brave Axe

Light Sword

Lockpick

Baldo Scroll

Hezul Scroll

Then maybe a couple more Iron Swords, but leave open some inventory space so the Rapier spawns?

You might want a couple of Vulneraries in there. Otherwise it looks alright.

Why would you want to bring javelins or vulneraries with you for chapter 4? The neverending wave of generic soldiers carries tons of both of them; you can easily steal their vulneraries with one of the two thieves, or just capture some of the javelin guys for both a vulnerary and a javelin.

Just block the doorways on that chapter. The reinforcements stop, an you can safely let out all the civilians. The only problem is the room with dalsin.

I don't remember there even being a Hammer available before Ch4, but I usually bring everything else on that list. Sometimes also an Iron Axe to help Dalshien's hit without having to use Brave, and it comes handy for Brighton/Hicks a bit later too. Vulneraries are useful because you sometimes have to heal multiple people and trading can be inconvenient, plus capturing is a bit limited as is due to the whole stat halving thing and only a few people being able to capture soldiers (only Dalshien consistently has enough bld iirc, and he can't double without Brave).

Dagda starts with a Hammer, yes, and he has very few people to use it on so you may as well give it away to the prison crowd. I forgot Brighton starts with a Steel Axe, so just passing the Hammer and Brave should be more than enough for Dalshin and him.

Brighton has the CON to capture, but he doesn't always double.

Just did the chapter and 4x last night, and had an easier time of it than before. Hardest part is circling the room to get the chests (especially since there were 18 of them). Machua has a Chest Key which I passed off to Karin, who helped Lara and Lifis grab chests (thankfully, the very first one Lara opened had Lifis's Lockpick in it). Lara got captured several times because I had passed her sword to Karin, but I was always able to get it back. The allied brigands captured a couple of the armors and eventually got stuck in the west exit with 4 enemies poking them and stalled for several turns until the vulneraries they stole wore out. Saved me some headaches. Eventually I got the west side chests, but Lifis had to dodge-tank 4 guys in the SE treasure room until Fergus and Leaf could show up to save him. After that it was easy to go north and let the civilians out.

I think soldiers stop spawning from the sides once the civilians are released, as they only appeared from the bottom after I popped the east cell. It's possible I just went enough turns that they didn't appear, or got lucky, but I didn't stall the full 70 turns or whatever it was because I wanted to actually complete it in a reasonable turn count (for FE5, anyway, so it wound up being like 30). Anyway it was easy to block off the east/west while the civilians left, then everybody headed North.

The second part was laughable. Dalshin and Fergus with a Hammer/Armorslayer just raped all the other armors, Lifis jacked the mages' Thunders, and the survivors got bum-rushed.

4x was easy. You can't really do much more than rush the enemies anyway. Picked up Asvel, the Sety scroll, the Hero Sword and the Devil Axe (I figured I might need the Mt for my favored ch6 strategy), got the Physic off the bishop, and had Brighton carry Sety until I was ready to leave, whereupon he was dropped off and killed about 6 reinforcements per turn covering our escape. Got out of that one in about a dozen turns tops.

Isn't it just bullshit how many awesome swords you can have in the Manster chapters that only Fergus really has any chance of using? The Fire, Brave, and Armorslayer are all B rank and only Fergus is going to have that. Machua can use the Killer and Rapier but Fergus is much better with the former with his 5 PCC and Karin support. Brighton doesn't really need anything but Steel since he has Wrath for enemy phase badassery, but Fergus is killing everything with almost-guaranteed crits, attacking MAG from 2 range, getting effective damage against horses and armor, and then ch6 hits and he also has a fucking horse. How is he not the best character in the game again?

He can't use staves.

Edited by Renall

The easiest way to beat the jail chapter is to block all the spawn points. Collect the treasure. If you need to capture, move a unit back a space, let a soldier in, then cpature him. Meanwhile, Lifis can loot all he wants.

Edited by Robert

The easiest way to beat the jail chapter is to block all the spawn points. Collect the treasure. If you need to capture, move a unit back a space, let a soldier in, then cpature him. Meanwhile, Lifis can loot all he wants.

I've always considered blocking spawn points cheap. Except on the chapter with Glade. Fuck that chapter.

I've always considered blocking spawn points cheap.
For any new players...

Don't listen to this guy. You'll be thankful blocking spawn areas.

It's entirely possible to get the soldiers down to a manageable number and escape without having to wait them out entirely. You don't even need to be a tactical genius, you just have to be careful and funnel people to Fergus/Brighton so they die on the enemy phase.

And if you didn't bring much of anything there'd be few chests to open anyway and you could just leave.

Regardless, blocking reinforcement spawns is completely legitimate if you need to. I really don't take kindly to scrubby statements such as calling things cheap.

How is blocking reinforcements not the scrubby thing.

"Oh these guys are supposed to show up to make the chapter harder, but you can exploit a programming oversight by putting your own guys on the squares."

Regardless, blocking reinforcement spawns is completely legitimate if you need to. I really don't take kindly to scrubby statements such as calling things cheap.

How is blocking reinforcements not the scrubby thing.

"Oh these guys are supposed to show up to make the chapter harder, but you can exploit a programming oversight by putting your own guys on the squares."

That's like saying you should never ever use strong characters. "Oh, these enemies are supposed to have a chance at killing me. Better not use Seth/Titania/whoever, because that's what a scrub would do!" Blocking reinforcements is part of the game, and using it is legitimate.

If it was a programming oversight then why does it work all the way until FE8? Don't know about FE9/FE10, but again it does work in FE11. Anyway, in this chapter especially it makes sense to me. Block the doors so enemy soldiers can't come in. How NPCs can walk through is another story I guess.

Edited by Mekkah

Anyway, in this chapter especially it makes sense to me. Block the doors so enemy soldiers can't come in. How NPCs can walk through is another story I guess.

Why wouldn't the soldiers just attack you? They're just stairs. It's pretty arbitrary.

I don't have a counter to the "block forts" thing, but I still don't consider it terribly sporting. I can think of some ways they could get around it by encouraging you to do certain things that can block, slow, or stop spawns without just being "lol stand on this square and guys can't just walk around you to one of the other 50 border squares on this outdoor map."

Also: The fort thing only really makes sense if blocking it for one turn prevents reinforcements forever, instead of only when the fort is blocked. Unless you're telling me Dieck is just besieging the fort and not seizing control of it.

Edited by Renall