Bronze Only Playthrough

Aether7

Has anyone ever tried this? Would this have to be done in easy mode or is it possible in normal?

Lets see... Bronze is unavailable for forging so that idea is out. It also can't critical. Water, Fire and Dark supports are preferable for more damage.

Dheginsea may be a problem:

Boyd with max str + A support + Bloodtide can do 3 damage to Dheginsea, x2 for double attack x2 for vigor = 12 damage per turn. Nolan can do 2 damage, so that's another 8. If everything goes well that is 20 damage for attack phase. It does no appear anyone else has enough str to do damage besides Boyd and Nolan. How much is Dheginsea's recovery per turn? May have to then depend on skill activation.

Any other issues, suggestions?

It's been done,although I believe it is impossible unless it's on easy mode.

Also,Dheg heals 40 HP per turn,and skills don't work on him.

Edited by Ether

Haven't tried it personally, but I remember talking about it last year when someone brought it up.

Big D is basically the problem. He recovers his LCK every turn because of Mantle, which is unfortunately 30 HP worth of damage. You can't really pull it off without Easy Mode bonuses or by breakign the rules and using a Royal or Ragnell or something.

EDIT: I just had a thought that you could use the Boyd/Oscar/Rolf triangle attack, but I don't think that would be enough damage, either, even if you break the crit rules.

Edited by Interceptor

Dheginsea 1 turned using bronze weapons only

I haven't actually tried the challenge in full, but it wouldn't really be that hard. For the most part you just need to stick to high str units since low Mt weapons will hurt their damage output the least. Once people start hitting third tier, some masteries are auto-1HKOes (eg/ luna). The most difficult spot on normal/hard would be Dheginsea, but it's mostly an exercise in tedium.

Oh wait, maybe NM Dheginsea isn't possible. Boyd has the highest possible damage output, and in the vid he was doing double 8s. Thus he would drop to double 3s, which is only 12 damage after a vigor. I'm not sure he can triangle crit using axes either, though this game is very flexible in regards to triangle set-ups.

Also,Dheg heals 40 HP per turn,and skills don't work on him.

Dheg doesn't have Nihil. Why wouldn't skills work?

What about Magic?

No magic except staves and sacrifice for Micaiah.

Big D is basically the problem. He recovers his LCK every turn because of Mantle, which is unfortunately 30 HP worth of damage. You can't really pull it off without Easy Mode bonuses or by breakign the rules and using a Royal or Ragnell or something.

I forgot about Mantle having recovery, but doesn't that only work if you attack with a non blessed weapon? I would have yune bless my bronze of course.

EDIT: I just had a thought that you could use the Boyd/Oscar/Rolf triangle attack, but I don't think that would be enough damage, either, even if you break the crit rules.

Triangle attack won't critical with bronze will it? And you would have to use a crossbow for Boyd which is not bronze.

I guess I should read the Mantle description:

Negates damage from non-Yune blessed weapons, each turn user recovers HP equal to Luck, +Nihil and Fortune

So HP recovery has nothing to do with blessed weapons. Dang... how to get past that in normal mode without cheating too much?

That sounds pretty annoying... I'd watch if it was recorded and wasn't horrible quality. That means no Laguz/magic users (excluding healers) at all right?

That Dheginsea video was pretty sad (but awesome at the same time), barely defeating him with ALL units.

BK and Ashera should be the only exceptions for using Ragnell - because that it the way the game is supposed to be played. For Dheginsea, he might still be beaten with bronze if we allow E rank magic (makes sense in that its the same ranking as bronze). I think an Arch Sage (Wind) with a Fire tome can do damage, and others can with supports. Not sure how to keep them alive for the counterattack though?

You could just have an exception for Degh and use Wyrmslayers.

Overkill. Step up to non-forged irons?

Oh wait, DK has mantle.

You could do the overkill wyrmslayer, but that won't make is a full bronze weapon playthrough

Edited by Rennac

You could just have an exception for Degh and use Wyrmslayers.

Overkill. Step up to non-forged irons?

Oh wait, DK has mantle.

You could do the overkill wyrmslayer, but that won't make is a full bronze weapon playthrough

You should just make everything Bronze and have the exception to use Triangle Attack with the brothers.

First attack with Boyd using a Bronze Axe, then make someone change it, and start doing triangles with Rolf and Oscar (If they can do damage that is).

If you will do this, i recommend having Micaiah to use Fortify then use an heron to do another triangle and vigor Micaiah aswell to recover again.

Ok, here is what might work (a challenge for anyone to try):

The Bronze Axe and Fire Tome have the most Might (5) of all E rank weapons. So, if we allow forging a maximum of 5 might into other E rank tomes, there are a total of 7 characters who can damage Dheginsea.

Character/Str-Mag/Weapon/Might/Support Bonus/Bloodtide Bonus/Vigor = Damage

Boyd / 40 / Bronze Axe / 5 / 3 / 5 / Y =12

Nolan / 40 / Bronze Axe / 5 / 2 / 5 / Y =8

Soren / 40 / Fire / 5 / 3 / 0 / Y =8

Micaiah / 40 / Light (+2 Mt) / 5 / 3 / 0 / Y =8

Bastian / 40 / Fire / 5 / 2 / 0 / N =2

Sanaki / 40 / Fire / 5 / 2 / 0 / N =2

Pelleas / 39 / Thunder (+2 Mt) / 5 / 3 / 0 / N =2

42 Damage Total - 40 HP recovery = 2 Damage per turn (50 turns to defeat Dheginsea)

That is if every attack hits. All these characters need a Fire/Dark/Water support. Boyd, Soren, Micaiah and Pelleas already have this and could support each other, so 3 other characters will need to be brought along as support for Nolan, Bastian and Sanaki --- and of course a heron and Ena.

Edited by Aether7

Wouldn't you get more damage out of forging more might on the Thunder tome, since it's effective on Dheg?

Hmm... I guess this would not be too much of a challenge then. Does Parity negate effective damage? -- Of course there goes the support bonus also...

Does Dheg recover 40 or 30 HP per turn? I would rather do this without having to use thunder or forging, and can if it is only 30. Boyd, Nolan, Soren, Sanaki and Bastian can do 34 damage. Micaiah and Pelleas can then focus on healing (and being supports).

Does Dheg recover 40 or 30 HP per turn? I would rather do this without having to use thunder or forging, and can if it is only 30. Boyd, Nolan, Soren, Sanaki and Bastian can do 34 damage. Micaiah and Pelleas can then focus on healing (and being supports).

Should be 30. It's based off his lck stat. He doesn't even have any stats that are 40, and his mag is 26 so if it was like imbue then he'd be getting 26.

It's 30 because the mantle description says this:

Negates damage from non-Yune blessed weapons, each turn user recovers HP equal to Luck, +Nihil and Fortune

And he is not standing on any tile that gives additional recovery?

Don't think so. If he's standing on a healstone he'd get 10 more hp, but I don't think he gets an avo boost. I don't have a save anywhere near so I can't help you further. He might be, and that would cover the extra 10. I've never let him use his recovery so I don't know, sorry.