My finishing teams (FE7 JP)

I just finished my playthough on FE7 (Japanese Version) Hector's normal mode. And I actually find the Hector's mode in the JP version much more difficult than the Hector's mode from NA versions. Anyways, I just uploaded my teams. Note that I didn't hack this game at all. The game is in Japanese, so its impossible for me to understand the language and what they're saying and thus it requires a Japanese hack codes in order to do so. Plus, to tell you the truth I don't know how to hack as well. <_<

Also, I didn't upload the picks of my Lords because their so obvious. And I had Nils killed purposely so that I can make more room for my teams as well. Plus, I don't really need him. <_<

matthewjpiw8.png

oswinjpns3.png

bartrejptz9.png

priscillajpag9.png

ravenjpfo2.png

luciusjpqs2.png

rathjpju2.png

karlajpxv6.png

How did you get most of their stats capped? And I thought you thought valkyries were a bad class, so why use one? And you used Karla? :blink: I mean, I like her, I just never thought she was very good.....

This is quite unnatural. Did you use savestates to RNG abuse? That's the only method I can think of. Nobody is that lucky normally.

How did you get most of their stats capped? And I thought you thought valkyries were a bad class, so why use one? And you used Karla? :blink: I mean, I like her, I just never thought she was very good.....

I don't know, I guess my game is very lucky? And to answer your question of why I use Valkyrie's (mainly Priscilly) I only use her for staffs such as healing, warp, and rescuing. Other than that, they aren't good in battle. I only use Karla because Guy sucks IMHO, and I recruited Harken instead of Karel. I'm too lazy to redo the chapter all to recuit Karel. Harken > Karel.

This is quite unnatural. Did you use savestates to RNG abuse? That's the only method I can think of. Nobody is that lucky normally.

I didn't savestates to RNG abuse, noticed the number on the bottom of the units stats. It tells you how much I spent used them in battle, clearly I didn't abuse my characters like that every turn. It be a waste of time which I don't have to spare.

I don't know, I guess my game is very lucky? And to answer your question of why I use Valkyrie's (mainly Priscilly) I only use her for staffs such as healing, warp, and rescuing. Other than that, they aren't good in battle. I only use Karla because Guy sucks IMHO, and I recruited Harken instead of Karel. I'm too lazy to redo the chapter all to recuit Karel. Harken > Karel.

Priscilla has an average kill count for the amount of time she has as a valkyrie.....

Although I don't think he sucks, I agree Guy is not too good.

There's definitely something dodgy going on there.

It's physically impossible for some characters to cap some of those stats. For instance, Raven has a near 0% chance of gaining anything over 21 Luck. That wouldn't be so bad if I didn't spot over 10 instances where the "impossible" has happened.

If you didn't RNG abuse, use codes or hack, I can only assume your Japanese ROM was already hacked when you got it.

If thats true then wouldn't you think I would end up maxing all of EVERYONE'S caps if this was actually hacked in someways. The one's that I posted are the only ones that are good, besides the Lords. Also, I got this Japanese ROM from one of the official ROM site, and the person who provided the ROM could've have hacked it. I would gladly show you the links of where I get the ROM from, but that would be against every rules that stands in this forum, so I'm not going to.

You can believe what you want, but I assure you that I done nothing to manipulate this game whatsoever.

I'm not saying I don't believe you or anything, but I'm sure even you must have suspected something.

The Japanese version doesn't have the characters that much better than normal (if they're even any different).

From a few calculations I did, I'm thinking you got a hacked ROM with HP growth set to ~100% and all other growths set to ~50%. ROMs like those are quite popular amongst the Chinese fandom.

I'm not saying I don't believe you or anything, but I'm sure even you must have suspected something.

The Japanese version doesn't have the characters that much better than normal (if they're even any different).

From a few calculations I did, I'm thinking you got a hacked ROM with HP growth set to ~100% and all other growths set to ~50%. ROMs like those are quite popular amongst the Chinese fandom.

Well the only thing that I suspected from this version was that I thought the stat growth are much different than the ones in NA/Eur(maybe) is it not? I assumed it was just normal.

Also, how exactly that this Japanese ROM is popular amongst the Chinese FE Fan? And how exactly do you know if this is a hacked ROM?

Hmm... or maybe you were seriously RNG blessed. Did you use stat boosters?

Thats what I've been wondering...and no I don't give stat boosters to anyone other than Athos. Not my style.

those are some serious units. I sure have never gotten a team quite that good by the time i'm done

Well the only thing that I suspected from this version was that I thought the stat growth are much different than the ones in NA/Eur(maybe) is it not? I assumed it was just normal.

The growths are exactly the same between versions.

Also, how exactly that this Japanese ROM is popular amongst the Chinese FE Fan? And how exactly do you know if this is a hacked ROM?

I was referring to ROMs with hacked growths. I guess some people might like them because it means their characters will always be godly. Also it's good for speeding through the games.

I don't know it's a hacked ROM, but I'm pretty sure it is. Do you know that it's not a hacked ROM? : )

Hmm... or maybe you were seriously RNG blessed. Did you use stat boosters?

There's a line between RNG blessed and "WTF are up with those stats". Seriously, each character has 2-5 stats that they have a near 0% chance of reaching.

For instance, Lucius' Defense growth is 10%, and you're telling me he got at least 18 Defence ups in 36 Levels?

There's a line between RNG blessed and "WTF are up with those stats". Seriously, each character has 2-5 stats that they have a near 0% chance of reaching.

For instance, Lucius' Defense growth is 10%, and you're telling me he got at least 18 Defence ups in 36 Levels?

I agree with Vincent. In this situation, its hard not to suspect something is wrong. The chances of all those stats reaching their caps is probably so low that even if we played Fire Emblem until the universe died, it wouldn't happen.

Ever hear of the infinite monkey theorem? heres a link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey

It certainly is possible though. Maybe Tashi's Luck stat is capped at 100.

It certainly is possible though. Maybe Tashi's Luck stat is capped at 100.

Haha, that is true. However as myrmidon3 pointed out, it's mathematically impossible.

Anyway, I think the best way to solve this mystery is for Tashi to do a little something for me : o

Tashi, could you download WindHex (I tried the download and it seems to be safe) and open your FE7 Japanese ROM in it (it should be the ~16 MB file)? If you already have it (or a different Hex Editor) you won't need to download it of course.

Assuming you're using WindHex, when the ROM is loaded, press Ctrl + G, input C4C480 and press Enter/Return. Finally, print a screenshot of the program and send it to me. I'll be able to see if anything's up ^^;;;

Thanks, that's what I was looking for ^^

Hmm, the growths look normal to me. There are two conclusions I can make from this.

1) You should go and buy the lottery now : P

2) It's an ASM hack. I was doubtful of this, but this is the only logical conclusion.

I assume you mean what's an ASM hack. As I know it, it's where the assembly code (like the core of the game code) is hacked. You can do pretty much anything by ASM hacking, such as fixing the character growths.

It's got nothing to do with my username BTW :S

This ROM looks very interesting... *censored*? (Not that I can read Japanese, but I think I will cope.)

I'd like to see some godly units of my own.

Edited by Fourth Fox of Fire
censoring request

I assume you mean what's an ASM hack. As I know it, it's where the assembly code (like the core of the game code) is hacked. You can do pretty much anything by ASM hacking, such as fixing the character growths.

It's got nothing to do with my username BTW :S

Yeah, I also assume the lottery part...is it a joke? But yeah, is that all a ASM hack can do?

This ROM looks very interesting... *censors*? (Not that I can read Japanese, but I think I will cope.)

I'd like to see some godly units of my own.

Sorry, its against the rules. You shouldn't even be asking from ROM's anyways. Normally, you'd probably be banned for this request.