FE5 Movement growth

VincentASM

Something that's been bothering me - does anyone know if it's possible to increase Movement (from Movement growth) without Leveling Up?

I remember Starwolf mentioning that it was possible in ChinaFE's SSS Rank (or something) playthrough video.

However, I tried setting someone's Movement growth to 100% and couldn't get it to increase outside of Level Ups, although admittedly I didn't try many battles. When the character did Level Up though, their Movement increased. Similar situation for a Movement growth of 255% (which only seemed to increase by 2 or 3 during a Level Up).

Is there something I'm missing here or it is actually not possible?

I was always under the impression movement growth is unrelated to levels completely, and is rolled every time a unit engages in combat or uses a staff (not sure about dancing). I don't know why hacking that growth isn't making it go up, but this is how it's always been for me.

Video proof:

I was always under the impression movement growth is unrelated to levels completely, and is rolled every time a unit engages in combat or uses a staff (not sure about dancing). I don't know why hacking that growth isn't making it go up, but this is how it's always been for me.

Video proof:

The only time I see movement growth happening in this video is here:

And it happened after a level up so how is this proof that MOV growth is unrelated to level ups?

Edited by Sirius

Weird, I recalled it wasn't related to levels fsr...maybe this is a debunked rumor then after all, that spawned because move growth is shown seperately from level-ups.

It's only for level ups. I've never seen Movement increase out of a levl up. If you're using this site's translation patch what it says when you get a Weapon Level Up and for a Movement level up are both random letters and numbers so you could be mixing up a Weapon Level Up with a Movement level up.

• 2 weeks later...

When my Lara got her 2 movement bonuses, it was in the same chapter you obtained her. One was gotten after a level up, the other was not. It's shown outside of a level up and, if I do believe this to be correct, does not correspond to level ups in general.

Leaf also got a movement plus after just hitting an enemy. Didn't gain a level; came close though.

EDIT: By the bold, I mean she got a level up and after the "level up screen" disappeared, she got +1 movement. If it matters, she was stealing items back and forth.

Edited by p00nage 4