Most over rated fire emblem character

Oujay

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lilina is ridiculously overrated. She's worse than Lugh if you think about it.

And people who claim Moulder is overrated, this is very similar to comparing Wrys to Lena, except on a lesser scale since Natasha nor Moulder suck.

People think Lena is better because she is the obligatory "pretty healer" of the game. Like Natasha. So people tend to automatically think anyone ELSE who uses Staves is useless when you could really use ANYONE for a healer.

The same goes for Moulder, who gets an extra three chapters before Natasha as well as Anima support with Vanessa and a level lead as well, giving him more time to grow.

Average stats for a 20/20 Bishop Natasha:

40 H.P. 25 MAG 15.5 SKL 24.2 SPD 28.8 LCK 9.7 DEF 28.9 RES

As a Valkyrie she loses one points on SKL and SPD. Everything else is the same.

Let's look at Moulder's stats now at 20/20 as Bishop:

48.2 H.P. 20.4 MAG. 25 SKL 23.4 SPD 8.2 LCK 14 DEF 16 RES

As a Sage he gets an extra point of RES and HP, but she loses on MAG and SKL.

------------------

Moulder is > in HP, SKL, and DEF. Natasha wins in MAG, RES, and lolLCK. They're nearly equal in SPD.

You have no reason to believe Moulder is overrated.

Lilina is ridiculously overrated. She's worse than Lugh if you think about it.

And people who claim Moulder is overrated, this is very similar to comparing Wrys to Lena, except on a lesser scale since Natasha nor Moulder suck.

People think Lena is better because she is the obligatory "pretty healer" of the game. Like Natasha. So people tend to automatically think anyone ELSE who uses Staves is useless when you could really use ANYONE for a healer.

The same goes for Moulder, who gets an extra three chapters before Natasha as well as Anima support with Vanessa and a level lead as well, giving him more time to grow.

Average stats for a 20/20 Bishop Natasha:

40 H.P. 25 MAG 15.5 SKL 24.2 SPD 28.8 LCK 9.7 DEF 28.9 RES

As a Valkyrie she loses one points on SKL and SPD. Everything else is the same.

Let's look at Moulder's stats now at 20/20 as Bishop:

48.2 H.P. 20.4 MAG. 25 SKL 23.4 SPD 8.2 LCK 14 DEF 16 RES

As a Sage he gets an extra point of RES and HP, but she loses on MAG and SKL.

------------------

Moulder is > in HP, SKL, and DEF. Natasha wins in MAG, RES, and lolLCK. They're nearly equal in SPD.

You have no reason to believe Moulder is overrated.

Actually, I'd consider Luck as more important than Skill. After all, I really doubt there's much that Natasha or Moulder will have trouble hitting. However, from a personal point of view, Moulder's HORRID Luck can be a cause for concern. *has had the misfortune of Sothe getting critted and killed on a 2% in 4-3* Also, it seems that the Vanessa support card is always played in defense of Moulder. This time's no exception, I see. However, just how practical is it, really??? He's a 5 move healer, and she's a 7 move flier (and your only one until Tana joins, at that). Meaning that if I want Moulder to get his Vanessa support, I'd have to restrict her movement.

Yes, Luck is not a "LOL" stat <_< .

Each stat up of luck gives +1 AVO...meaning Natasha will have a nice avoidance and her skill isn't a problem seeing as how she uses Light Magic (Which has really high hit) and her Luck gives her a little more hit.

Her problem is that Light Magic tomes are quite heavy, Light just makes her loose 1 AS, only though.

Meaning that if I want Moulder to get his Vanessa support, I'd have to restrict her movement.

Vanessa is practically dependent on her supports, so you'd have to restrict her movement anyway.

Speaking of, since we piss through FE8 chapters so fast, I kind of question if Vanessa is even viable anymore due to all the time it takes to build her supports up, considering how quickly FE8 chapters get raepd :/

I think nephene is the most overrated FF characer.

Her, Cloud, and Tidus all kind of tie IMO.

Edited by Athena's Chest

Lillina is not overrated, but rather overhyped by her fans. She's not stunning, but she's not god awful either.

If anyone is overrated, it's Lou. No real viable supports, basically same durability for most of his existence, doesn't start doubling really until he's near promotion.

Also hector is quite overrated just look at what fire emblem wiki says about him.

No, he isn't <_< . He is right where he belongs, really...and he has a rather fast support with Eliwood.

I have to say, not a Playable Character, but Ishtar.

Everyone seems to freakin' love her, and I fail to see why.

You answered yourself.

Lillina is not overrated, but rather overhyped by her fans. She's not stunning, but she's not god awful either.

If anyone is overrated, it's Lou. No real viable supports, basically same durability for most of his existence, doesn't start doubling really until he's near promotion.

Lugh is overrated when there's more hate on him than hype?

Crash, that's a really stupid comment <_< ...sure, she is a boss, but that's just fanatism, not evewn "overrated", the same goes to Selena & Petrine who have fans too.

Most overrated:

- FE9 Ike. Its not so much that he's powerful, but rather the game itself babies him to begin with (he's the only sword user in an axe heavy environment until Mia pops along) and then he gets Aether + Ragnell). It is true he can solo the game in FE10 though (don't know about Maniac, mind).

- FE8 Moulder. Discussed already. Missing LCK IS a big deal and Vanessa support is daft.

Most underrated:

- FE10 Illyana. I will readily admit to being her squeeling fanboy, and I totally agree that the Soren loving developers totally nerfed her between this and FE9. Even so, she does not deserve the flak she recieves from guides and suchlike.

Most underrated:

- FE10 Illyana. I will readily admit to being her squeeling fanboy, and I totally agree that the Soren loving developers totally nerfed her between this and FE9. Even so, she does not deserve the flak she recieves from guides and suchlike.

Actually... Soren isn't the best mage in RD; Calill is. I will say this, however; Mages in general got screwed in Radiant Dawn.

Lugh is overrated when there's more hate on him than hype?

It's sort of a twisted whirlwind of fuckery those two.

Most overrated:

- FE9 Ike. Its not so much that he's powerful, but rather the game itself babies him to begin with (he's the only sword user in an axe heavy environment until Mia pops along) and then he gets Aether + Ragnell). It is true he can solo the game in FE10 though (don't know about Maniac, mind).

That's bad? Hell no, WTA, there, screwed your reply :awesome: .

Most overrated:

It is bad, yes. You have keep the twit out of combat because he'll win all the time and rob xp from others.

My first playthrough of FE9 was botched and had to be restarted because he was at level 12 by the laguz fort defence level after gatrie and shinon leave. Ike had stolen all of Boyds kills and Boyd with a Halberd is practically required to hold the southern entrance on that level (Ike and Mia to the left, Titania to the right, Oscar rides around giving general support etc.) Admittedly, it was bad tactics on my part, but I'll always remember it.

-------

And Calill, really? Doesn't she have low availability? Not as bad as Tormod, but she's stuck with Elincia most of the time, right? She's marginally useful for those levels, and that was it, as far as I could see. Or is purely because of Rexflames SPD boost?

Edited by eharper256

Most overrated:

It is bad, yes. You have keep the twit out of combat because he'll win all the time and rob xp from others.

My first playthrough of FE9 was botched and had to be restarted because he was at level 12 by the laguz fort defence level after gatrie and shinon leave. Ike had stolen all of Boyds kills and Boyd with a Halberd is practically required to hold the southern entrance on that level (Ike and Mia to the left, Titania to the right, Oscar rides around giving general support etc.) Admittedly, it was bad tactics on my part, but I'll always remember it.

-------

And Calill, really? Doesn't she have low availability? Not as bad as Tormod, but she's stuck with Elincia most of the time, right? She's marginally useful for those levels, and that was it, as far as I could see. Or is purely because of Rexflames SPD boost?

As to Boyd with a Halberd holding the southern entrance... I say no, unless you want to risk Boyd dying on you. Effective weapons suck in PoR. I'd much rather Titania wipe out all those mounts on Enemy Phase.

As to Calill, yes, considering that her competition for Rexflame isn't that great. Tormod's availability SUCKS, and Sanaki lacks the Strength to use it effectively. Also, she has a good Speed growth, as well as good Luck.

As to Boyd with a Halberd holding the southern entrance... I say no, unless you want to risk Boyd dying on you. Effective weapons suck in PoR. I'd much rather Titania wipe out all those mounts on Enemy Phase.

Titania is needed to hold off the armours. Nobody else has much chance against them with their high DEF. (I never use Soren. He is likely Lvl2-3 at most at this point). She can also use the Hammer if feeling particularily brutal. Although some Titania use is unavoidable in this game, especially on this level, it should still be kept to an absolute minimum for XP purposes, right?

If Boyd is about Lvl 7-8 with the Halberd, he can tank that entrance quite well due to his amazing HP base+ supereffective hit+ weapon triangle advantage. At least, this has always been my strategy for that level.

As to Calill, yes, considering that her competition for Rexflame isn't that great. Tormod's availability SUCKS, and Sanaki lacks the Strength to use it effectively. Also, she has a good Speed growth, as well as good Luck.

So yeah, its for Rexflame, then? I always give it to Sanaki. But then, Cymbeline is a far better spell anyway in my opinion. (1 less MGht and loss of the marginal speed bonus for +5 Crit, +30 Uses and -8 Weight)

Titania is needed to hold off the armours. Nobody else has much chance against them with their high DEF. (I never use Soren. He is likely Lvl2-3 at most at this point). She can also use the Hammer if feeling particularily brutal. Although some Titania use is unavoidable in this game, especially on this level, it should still be kept to an absolute minimum for XP purposes, right?

If Boyd is about Lvl 7-8 with the Halberd, he can tank that entrance quite well due to his amazing HP base+ supereffective hit+ weapon triangle advantage. At least, this has always been my strategy for that level.

So yeah, its for Rexflame, then? I always give it to Sanaki. But then, Cymbeline is a far better spell anyway in my opinion. (1 less MGht and loss of the marginal speed bonus for +5 Crit, +30 Uses and -8 Weight)

WRT Halberd Boyd: Too bad that the mounts that he'd have WTA over happen to be toting Javelins. And I'd rather NOT paint a giant "Double me!" target on Boyd's head, which you're doing by equipping him with the Poleax. And I seriously doubt that a level 7-8 Boyd would be one-shotting them. Especially since some of those guys will have the WTA on their side. Hell, he'd likely just whiff.

As to Rexflame: Yes, I'd consider Cymbeline better for Sanaki due to it being much lighter.

Also, eharper, you said that Ike was "the only sword user in an axe heavy environment until Mia comes along", didn't you? Seems like you forgot that by the time Mia comes along, you're seeing mostly lances.

Edited by Richter Renard