Help with 16x, Eliwood Normal

Jaybee

This chapter is freaking me out, mainly because of that paladin boss and the strong weapons the enemy has. Could people help me?

My current team

Eliwood, Lv 9

25 HP

6 Str :(

10 Skl

10 Spd

9 Lck

10 Def

0 Res

Marcus, Lv 3

32 HP

15 Str

17 Skl

11 Spd

8 Lck

10 Def

9 Res

Hector, Lv 4

22 HP

9 Str

5 Skl

5 Spd

4 Lck

10 Def

1 Res

Oswin, Lv 11

29 HP

13 Str

9 Skl

6 Spd

4 lck

14 Def

3 Res

Dorcas Lv 11

36 HP

12 Str

10 Skl

7 Spd

6 Lck

6 Def

1 Res

Matthew, Lv 6

22 HP

5 Str

5 Skl

13 Spd

4 Lck

4 Def

0 Res

Erk, Lv 8

23 HP

7 Mag

10 Skl

11 Spd

8 Lck

5 Def

6 Res

Lyn, Lv 11

24 HP

8 Str

11 Skl

18 Spd :D

12 Lck

3 Def

5 Res

Sain, Lv 10

25 HP

17 Str :D

9 Skl

9 Spd

5 Lck

8 Def

2 Res

Kent, Lv 9

27 HP

10 Str

8 Skl

10 Spd

3 lck

7 Def

5 Res

Guy, Lv 6

23 HP

7 Str

14 Skl

14 Spd

7 Lck

5 Def

1 Res

Raven, Lv 5

25 HP

8 Str

11 Skl

13 Spd

2 Lck

5 Def

1 Res

Wil, Lv 7

24 HP

8 Str

8 Skl

7 Spd

9 Lck

6 Def

1 Res

Lucius, Lv 6

19 HP

8 Mag

8 Skl

12 Spd

3 Lck

1 Def

9 Res

Argh!

EDIT: I also have a Hero Crest and some stat boosters.

Edited by Joshybear25

You can avoid the paladin boss by going North edge of the map then head west and then south to Fargus or if you really wanted to kill them I guess you have to bait them.

I tried getting him with Lyn before. I would have done it if he hadn't criticaled me. Fuck that Killing Edge

Also the boss charges and hits once he appears.

Edited by Joshybear25

Been a while since I played that map but I'm pretty sure the paladin boss only charges at you when you get close to the pirates in the middle of the map, you could use Oswin or Marcus and bait them and hope he dosen't critical.

Once Oswin walks to the lower bottleneck (near the pirates) he appears and immediately hits Oswin.

He's always appearing on the second turn

Edited by Joshybear25

I tried getting him with Lyn before. I would have done it if he hadn't criticaled me. Fuck that Killing Edge

She's still one of your best bets though.

The Mani Katti has a critical bonus too and even then it also has a damage bonus against him.

About the Paladin(Who is called Damian, BTW), use someone as a wall to kill him off, use Osw1n for example, equip him a Horselayer (That is, if you obtained it)and he will easily beat him off, or yo could use Marus too but it's your decision, but keep a fast sword user behind Oswin (Or Marcus) after they killed Damian because there are pirates with strong weapons so I recommend you Raven.

Or just ignore the instruction above and go through the top of the map where there's only 4 pirates, don't take Merlinus and just wait til' they attack you so you got your whole team together.

What I did was that I left Guy to go North, Lyn on the higher blockade thing (she dodges all of the pirates' attacks) and Oswin on the lower one. To fight the the paladin, like you said, he rushed to Oswin. My Oswin could've doubled with a steel lance (or Iron not sure, just use the weapon that does the higher damage) and Erk was behind attacking the boss with Thunder. Next turn Oswin killed him. Just try to kill the magic users, they're do a lot of damage against Oswin. The rest was easy. Don't forget to keep your units healed.

What I want to know is: Why is Oswin so underlevelled and Marcus so overlevelled? Around this chapter, Oswin is always around Lv15 for me, mainly because he solo's the reinforcements in the previous chapter that enter in the bottom left of the map.

This is how I do it:

What I normally do is send everyone around the narrow path to the North, then place Oswin directly behind the village to the right of the shop. The Archer with a Killer Bow will stand in the village space and attack him. Keep Oswin there healing him until the Archer has wasted his weapon on him, then move Oswin and finish that weaponless Archer with Canas. Keep him there after the archer's killed and the Mage will then attack. Have the enemy attack first, then make sure he is killed on the player's turn so you can heal Canas before the Shaman comes along with his Nosferatu. Never attack the Shaman on the player's turn unless you are positive you can take more than two hits, or you are able to heal Canas after attacking and taking damage. Using this method, Canas can get to about Lv9 very easily.

So that's 3 down without even entering the area which makes them move towards you.

Next thing to do is to place Raven on the single tile of woods to the right of the shop. The closest of the Pirates will come for him. Once he's dead, move one space below the woods to be in range of the second Pirate, and take him out. Heal as necessary. Since those Pirates are a very high level compared to Raven, the experience you get from attacking and killing them is pretty good. So that leaves just one Pirate left, and you haven't even entered the boundary to make them all come after you yet. I'm sure it's the one with a Killer Axe, so place Oswin in front to take any flak and draw the Pirate in. Once he's moved and is in range of more of your units, you can weaken him easily and safely with ranged attacks, before delivering the final blow with Raven. Raven should easily gain two or three levels from all this.

There goes all the pirates. Only Dart, Fargus, Damian and his sidekicks should be on the map now. Do not attack Dart - he won't move or attack you even if you place a unit right next to him. Draw Damian and the rest in with Oswin, keeping ranged and other units close behind but not quite in range. Once they're drawn in, rape them.

Arena abuse if you want to (lately I've not bothered, just to keep the game moderately challenging), then talk to Fargus.

I let Lyn, Rebecca, and Priscilla kill Damian and his lackeys. Lyn takes the first hit, almost dying. Make sure she doesn't critical or else you'll die by one of the cavaliers. The nomad won't hit you on the same turn. It never hit me. Next, heal and kill Damian with Lyn. Make the archer go to where Damian was and hit the second cavalier. Canas can help now too, if you need him. If Lyn is a little under-leveled (she is sometimes, or she might not have necessary STR) use Lucius as a range attacker along with Canas and you're archer. There's a lot of healing involved, but Damian gives great level ups.

The chapter for everyone else is easy. Go north, west, and then south.

An alternative is the flying route Sirius gave you.

What I want to know is: Why is Oswin so underlevelled and Marcus so overlevelled? Around this chapter, Oswin is always around Lv15 for me, mainly because he solo's the reinforcements in the previous chapter that enter in the bottom left of the map.

It's because of 5 movement killing him. And I used Sain for those.

Marcus is that high because I don't have another uber tank other than Oswin, and he critted the C16 boss with a 7% chance, getting him another level.

Do you have a Mine? Damian surely will fall for it, and you can use the glitch to beat him.

I've already used it...

Edited by Joshybear25

About the Paladin(Who is called Damian, BTW), use someone as a wall to kill him off, use Osw1n for example, equip him a Horselayer (That is, if you obtained it)and he will easily beat him off, or yo could use Marus too but it's your decision, but keep a fast sword user behind Oswin (Or Marcus) after they killed Damian because there are pirates with strong weapons so I recommend you Raven.

Or just ignore the instruction above and go through the top of the map where there's only 4 pirates, don't take Merlinus and just wait til' they attack you so you got your whole team together.

He is also the first to show you to fear the Black Fang.

-----

As for Damian, he will charge at you when he first appears, I think. Even if he doesn't as several folks have said already, you still want to attack him from the start, because he will only give you trouble later when your trying to visit the villages with the Short Bow and Sleep Staff. Take note that staff is also the only one in the game.

Edited by Ayanami

It's because of 5 movement killing him. And I used Sain for those.

Marcus is that high because I don't have another uber tank other than Oswin, and he critted the C16 boss with a 7% chance, getting him another level.

Do you have a Mine? Damian surely will fall for it, and you can use the glitch to beat him.

I've already used it...

You don't need a tank on Normal mode...

If this chapter is troubling you still, I think you may want to bring a majority of sword users just for the WTA.

If that doesn't work, just use the flying route. It's pretty much your only chance.

EDIT: Oh, and if you are planning to try my strategy, make sure you're on Normal. It doesn't work on Hard.

EDIT 2: ANOTHER alternate strategy is to use Marcus as a meatsheild and have everyone beat the shit out of Damian.

Edited by Old Snake

Eliwood Normal Mode, and you're asking for help? I mean, if it comes down to it, just send in Marcus. It's Eliwood Normal Mode, he should be able to generally clean house all by himself.

Eliwood Normal Mode, and you're asking for help? I mean, if it comes down to it, just send in Marcus. It's Eliwood Normal Mode, he should be able to generally clean house all by himself.

Yeah, just stick in him the woods south of the village and give him a silver sword.

If that doesn't work, just use the flying route. It's pretty much your only chance.

EDIT: Oh, and if you are planning to try my strategy, make sure you're on Normal. It doesn't work on Hard.

EDIT 2: ANOTHER alternate strategy is to use Marcus as a meatsheild and have everyone beat the shit out of Damian.

My Florina sucks ass. She's level 2, unpromoted. I've tried the Marcus strategy, and he dies.

I'm not a FE pro like you.

Why?

Anyway, I finally beat the level using the Florina strategy. I got everything except the Axe and I even killed Damian! (Horseslayer = Salvation)

Fine, an emulator. Would I really be so lucky as to find it at a store?

Edited by Joshybear25