Review: You all need to read this book

Inactive Account

Little Brother by Cory Doctorow. I give it 9.5/10.

The basic plot involves the quest of a teenaged hacker to overthrow the Department of Homeland Security, which has gone to Orwellian extremes following a terrorist attack, turning San Francisco into a virtual police state.

It's full of tech stuff you never knew but wish you had, stuff that you wonder why you never tried. The plot is fast-paced (you can't put it down) and seriously quirky, but it raises some extremely important points too.

Read and discuss.

Trust me, I'm the only one in my friend group that reads, and at my school you have to read over the summer, and everyone's like "dude let's get the smallest book, it'll be easier", also some of these people take 30-45 minutes to read what I can in about a third of the time. Oh for my summer reading, I chose the longest book.

And after you read this book I strongly recomend the Books of Pellinor by Alison Croggon: I know the first three are you (The Naming, The Riddle, and The Crow) but I ain't so sure if the last one (The Singing) is out

Kiryn, I read the first couple of pages, and I don't really care for it so far. The style of writing is bugging me. Also, part of it is because of the reviews on one of the pages I got it in my mind that this would be similar to 1984, so as I was reading I was comparing the books. And after what I've read I think Orwell was a much better writer than this guy. But, I'll keep reading and see if it gets better.