FE: Wings of Courage

OrangeDragon

No screenshots yet, once I get more characters in there will be.

This will be a replacement/spinoff of RD. Notable features:

- Ice magic.

- Laguz having two weapons, for example cats have Beast Claw and Short Fang.

- Wolves in their own tribe, the dog tribe.

- Herons can fight with their own version of light magic.

- Class differences.

- Brandeds get a +5 bonus to a certain stat growth, depending on which kind of branded they are. Bird = speed, Beast = strength, Dragon = magic, Dog = skill.

Story tidbits:

- No Daein revolution, Ashnard's daughter(Nyra) was crowned Queen after her mom finally stopped lying about who her dad was. The Dawn Brigade is not working to free Daein, they are searching for Nyra's older half brother(Pelleas) who is the true heir. Nyra inherited her father's personality though, and she plots to avenge his death, even though she never met him. Two sidekicks join her cause for their own reasons. Xemar is a power hungry Goldoan, he's on her side simply because he likes having the authority. Valmas is a Begnion noble who went psycho after he lost his wife and newborn son, Nyra convinces him that she can help him get his revenge on the world, so he basically becomes her puppet.

- Crimean rebellion is still in, possibly the Laguz Alliance vs Begnion thing too.

- Yes I know

the thing about Soren being Ashnard and Almedha's real son, but it's safe to assume that he'd rather be a mercenary tactician than a king. So yeah.

Class list(arrow means promotes to, slash means there is two promotion options):

Myrmidon -> Swordmaster -> Trueblade

Equip: sword

Archer -> Sniper -> Marksman

Equip: bow

Fighter -> Warrior/Berserker

Equip: axe(fighter, berserker) axe and bow(warrior)

Cavalier -> Paladin/Ranged Knight

Equip: sword and lance(cavalier) sword, lance and axe(paladin) sword, lance, and bow(ranged knight)

Thief -> Assassin/Night Striker

Equip: knife(thief, assassin) knife and dark(night striker)

Soldier -> Halberdier -> Sentinel

Equip: lance

Priest -> Bishop

Equip: staff(priest) staff and light(bishop)

Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Lord/Wyvern Trooper

Equip: lance(wyvern rider) lance and axe(wyvern lord) lance and bow(wyvern trooper)

Pegasus Knight -> Falcoknight/Pegasus Trooper

Equip: lance(pegasus knight) lance and sword(falcoknight) lance and bow(pegasus trooper)

Climate Mage -> Climate Sage -> Archsage

Equip: fire and ice(climate mage) fire, ice, and staff(climate sage) fire, ice, thunder, wind, and staff(archsage)

Weather Mage -> Weather Sage -> Archsage

Equip: thunder and wind(weather mage) thunder, wind, and staff(weather sage) thunder, wind, fire, ice, staff(archsage)

Shaman -> Druid -> Necromancer

Equip: dark

Monk -> Minister -> Saint

Equip: light

Knight -> General -> Marshall

Equip: lance(knight) lance and sword(general, marshall)

Troubadour -> Valkryie

Equip: staff(troubadour) staff and sword(valkryie)

Beast Tribe: Cat, Tiger, Lion

Equip: beast claw and short fang(cat, lion) beast claw and long fang(tiger)

Bird Tribe: Hawk, Heron, Raven

Equip: sharp talon and hooked beak(hawk) shining spell and vigor spell(heron) sharp talon and dark beak(raven)

Dragon Tribe: Red Dragon, White Dragon, Black Dragon

Equip: fire breath and dragon fang(red dragon) ice breath and dragon fang(white dragon) thunder breath and dragon fang(black dragon)

Dog Tribe: Wolf, Fox, Coyote

Equip: dog claw and sharp fang

And here's the unit count. I crossed out the classes I have enough of, everything else is fair game. I'll need these:

Name

Race(beorc, laguz, etc. brandeds get stat bonuses, so tell me where their laguz blood comes from if they are.)

Class

Affinity

Country

History(are they an orphan? were they raised in a household with 10 kids? did they train themselves? were they somebody's apprentice? etc.)

Personality(do they say exactly what's on their mind and not care what people think? are they a troublemaker? do they sit around and not talk to anybody? are they so smart that people call them a walking encyclopedia? etc.)

Fighters: 1/2

Knights: 1/2

Soldiers: 1/2

Archers: 3/3

Troubadours: 1/1

Myrmidons: 3/3

Wyvern Riders: 2/2

Pegasus Knights: 1/1

Thieves: 2/2

Climate Mages: 0/2

Weather Mages: 0/2

Monks: 0/1

Priests: 0/2

Shamans: 0/2

Cavaliers: 0/3

Prepromotes: 3/5

Cats: 2/2

Tigers: 1/2

Lions: 0/1

Hawks: 1/2

Ravens: 0/2

Herons: 0/1

Wolves: 1/2

Foxes: 1/1

Coyotes: 1/1

Red Dragons: 2/2

White Dragons: 0/2

Black Dragons: 0/1

Added as units: Juan, Ether, Eric, Carbina, Terra, Mark, Stefanie, Kurda, Alicia

Added as bosses: Azhozn

Edited by OrangeDragon

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a hack of FE8, rather ambitious I know, but hacking will be easier than trying to make it from scratch. Plus I have too good of a plot to give up, and some of the characters in arent mine, so people are counting on me.

Trying to do this with one person who has no experience hacking (ASM, not hex editing) is ludicrous.

I've been told that before...I'll learn. Unless you want to help out?

Oh, I get it now! Do you want us to include a sprite or image in our post?

That would be helpful.

Interesting. So basically the Laguz are replacing the monsters then.

By the way, doesn't that list has more characters than what the game has? Unless some are for bosses...

By the way, doesn't that list has more characters than what the game has? Unless some are for bosses...

You can add more characters with Nightmare, and the list is for playable characters.

Alright, just wait, I'll have a character up in no time!

I've been told that before...I'll learn.

It's not exactly something that you pick up in a day and it's going to be pretty damn hard to implement some of the stuff you plan to implement.

Hey , can i join this , looks good. :awesome: any way

Name : Craig

Job : Climate Mage

Race: Beorc

Affinity: Fire

History: ?

Personality : Quiet , a bit strange. People distance themselves from him.

Craig.png

Edited by EddiesEgo

Here's mine:

Name: Juan

Race: Branded (Lion)

Class: Myrmidon

Affinity: Anima

imageuic.gif

History: Born in Nevassa. While sill young, his parents moved to Crimea, where he grew up. By the time the brand appeared, this came to a surprise for his parents, but thankfully for him, his parents came to, if not accept, at least tolerate the idea, so he remained with them.

At first they traveled around Crimea, but finally old age had caught up with them, so Juan decided to leave on his own to spare further trouble to his parents. He started training with the sword in order to defend himself, so he is self-taught in that aspect.

So he traveled around Crimea for a while, but soon reached places like Begnion and Daein. He finally settled down in the Gran Desert, much like other branded had. Though he still traveled around Tellius from time to time.

Finally, when The Mad King's War had ended, he made one more journey to Daein. Knowing that Daein was where he was born and Crimea where he grew up, he had disliked King Ashnard and his actions. It doesn't help that Nyra is on the throne now. Having heard rumors about Pelleas and who he was, he decided that he would find him and help him, if that would ensure Daein a better future.

Personality: Mostly calm and serious. Rarely talks more than the necessary.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I guess I will give this a shot.

I'll be a prepromoted Sentinel.

Lol,I can`t do much for a sprite other th«an a recolour,so here it is.

spritep.png,and my name is Ether(obviously).

BTW,do we make our own stat sheets?If so,do you have a system for us to use?

Name: Ether

Race: Branded(Hawk)

Class: Sentinel

Affinity: Water(Anima if that is not okay)

History: Ether was born in Begnion,the son of a laguz slave.At the age of 20,when his father was beaten to death by the master of the house,he,in a rage,grabbed a lance from the corner and impaled the senator.

Fleeing Begnion,he found himself in Daien,and,in desperate need of work,he found a job that required the only thing he had ever learned,strength and resolve.He had found a job as a foot soldier in the Daien military.

His hawk blood gave him superior agility and stamina compared to the other recruits,and he was quickly chosen to be a captain when his predecessor was killed in the mad king`s war.

Ether,now holding the rank of Brigadier General,finds himself positioned at an obscure fortress bordering the desert of death,the rumours of a true heir lying so close intrigue him,for he is sick of serving the corrupt Nyra.

Personality:Ether is generally calm and collected,however,he flies in to a rage upon hearing Laguz racism,and has grown apart from his squad.

Edited by Ether

You can add more characters with Nightmare

If you expand the class table with editing... 2.

Hey can I get in this

x.png

Name:X/Eric

Class:Swordmaster

Aflinity:Dark

HP:40

Weapon Level:Sword S

Strength:17

Skill:20

Speed:Whatever max is

Magic:9

Defence:12

Resistance:9

Luck:13

Con:11

Level:7

HP Growth:85%

Strenth Growth40%

Skill Growth50%

Speed Growth65%

Magic Growth20%

Defence Growth35%

Resistance Growth25%

Luck Growth40%

Race:Beorc

History:Born an only child, Eric taught himself the sword and it's ways from age 6. At age 14, he started to travel the world of tellius. Actually born in begnion, he traveled to Crimea and started his own mercenary troop.(If this can't be then he joined the crimean royal court).

Personality:Loves to cause trouble and always talks first and thinks later. A good stategist but many won't listen to him because of his age and big mouth.

Edited by Uphir

This sounds like a very cool idea! I like the idea of giving bonuses to those who are branded. Reminds me of FE4, Which i love! Anyhow i'm very new to hacking, In fact i suck and i need some experience so i'd be glad to help with hacking, if a newb like me would be help. Secondly...I'd like to post a sprite if you'd like to take it. But first i'll have to make it and i was wondering if you wanted backstories to these submitted characters? Thanks and good luck!

It's not exactly something that you pick up in a day and it's going to be pretty damn hard to implement some of the stuff you plan to implement.

It'll take time, I know...I wasnt expecting to learn it in a day. I'm getting characters first.

I guess I shouldve made it clearer what I needed. I don't need stats. What I need is more like their history, personality, etc. Stuff I can work into their dialogue and supports. Basically fill this out:

Name

Race(beorc, laguz, etc. brandeds get stat bonuses, so tell me where their laguz blood comes from if they are.)

Class

Affinity

Country

History(are they an orphan? were they raised in a household with 10 kids? did they train themselves? were they somebody's apprentice? etc.)

Personality(do they say exactly what's on their mind and not care what people think? are they a troublemaker? do they sit around and not talk to anybody? are they so smart that people call them a walking encyclopedia? etc.)

Name: Hibberd

Class: Cavalier

Affinity: Anima (thunder)

History: Born in a small village, where his parents were considered the village's protectors. When his parents are forced into enlistment into the Daein Army, Hibbard decides to train to protect the village. Now that he is both old and skilled enough, he decides to set off and find his parents.

Personality: Young and curious. Willing to try new things, but keeps his common sense about him.

Sprite: I'm not too good with sprites, so I'll see what I can do.

History: Born in a small village, where his parents were considered the village's protectors. When his parents are forced into enlistment into the Daein Army, Hibbard decides to train to protect the village. Now that he is both old and skilled enough, he decides to set off and find his parents.

Personality: Young and curious. Willing to try new things, but keeps his common sense about him.

That's exactly the kind of profile I need, added. Dont worry about sucking at sprites, I'll be remaking the ones that need it.

That's exactly the kind of profile I need, added. Dont worry about sucking at sprites, I'll be remaking the ones that need it.

Yeah, I've had some experience with this kind of thing.

Oh, and about the sprite... the one I made won't link here (it sucked anyway). The sprite i made was basically a re-colored Ephraim