what game protaganist do u hate most?

aizengard

Edge Maverick (Star Ocean 4), because he was neither edgey, nor mavericky, like his name suggests. He, ironically, was the justice hero (monster, I call them) of the game.

Nero (Devil May Cry 4), though his playstyle was awesome, his personality sucked dick and he was mega cliched in the worst sense.

Squall (Final Fantasy 8), yeah, no surprise here...

Cloud (Fianl Fantasy 7), since he introduced that kind of protagonist to America, making it mainstream pretty much overnight.

Micaiah (Fire Emblem 10), for being a Mary Sue of proportions epic

and for getting away with throwing away countless lives, and even trying to burn the Empress alive with oil... Good fucking god.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloud is the most underrated main character. People whine that he's overrated, but I have never seen praise for him in years, all people are capable of doing is talking about how much they hate his personality and how overrated he is. What is wrong with you people? Sheep have better integrity than this.

Cloud is overrated because the game, FF7 is overrated.
See above. I see nothing but FF7 hate, and absolutely no praise. Overrated is just a baseless insult. Nobody overrates FF7 anymore, people.
Kefka gets a lot of hype,
Fixed for accuracy.
Cloud was cliche back then even. The spiky hair, and the typical look for a shonen anime protagonist. For the big sword, just look at Guts from 'Berserk' which has been out since the 80s.
This logic would work had anime been well known in America back during the time. This is 1997, people weren't generally exposed to the typical shonen protagonist except for a select circle of underground anime fans.
If anything, the AC Cloud is the one that's deserving the hate, not the original psx FF7 Cloud.
What's so different about AC Cloud that makes him deserving of hate? Cloud has usually been serious like he was in AC when he's not trying to act like Zack or try to score attention. At least Cloud didn't have an annoying personality that made me cringe, so I felt he was alright in AC.

See above. I see nothing but FF7 hate, and absolutely no praise. Overrated is just a baseless insult. Nobody overrates FF7 anymore, people.

Thats because of the FF7 fanboys they are so annoying on site's such as gamefaqs its basicly a rule that FF7 fanboys fight a crusade against all the other FF fans or OOC for that matter

Thats because of the FF7 fanboys they are so annoying on site's such as gamefaqs its basicly a rule that FF7 fanboys fight a crusade against all the other FF fans or OOC for that matter
Alright. I'll visit the FF7 boards and I'll see what kind of drama happens...

Hmm... I'm not seeing this crusade against other FF fans you speak of. Social board seems tame as well. Heck, FF7's GFAQs boards seem worth hanging out at.

Let's check the FF8 board. Alright, there is a topic asking why FF8 is bad, and obviously FF7 is part of the discussion, except that FF8 doesn't even hold up against non-FF7 games from a gameplay perspective, so FF8 is screwed either way. FF8's social board seemed to got purged, lol.

FF9's board seems innocent as a baby.

There is a topic on the FFT board about Aeris, but it's talking about her appearance within FFT along with Cloud's appearance.

And I've been visiting the Dissidia boards for the heck of it, and obviously that game has a lot of discussion about Cloud & Sephiroth... The same kind of discussion where everybody points out how overrated or generic they are, etc. Points are earned for some guy that shown that Kuja did more than Kefka did. At least Dissidia has shown me that Square Enix actually tried to balance their fighting game instead of bias to certain characters (*coughSakuraicough*coughmetaknightcough*) because apparently Sephiroth and Cloud are only low/mid tiers.

Edited by Brawl Sheeda

Wow I am surprised at the fact that people are actually defending cloud here. The fire emblem community is smarter than I give it credit...

I used to be a cloud and sephiroth fanboy before AC but afterward I was so disgusted with a lot of the idiot's who started populating the forums and it just got to the point where your better off just hiding the fact that you liked ff7. Like I am involved in this skype chat where nearly everyone BITTERLY hates on ff7. There all my pals but holy s--- some of them have never even played ff7, watched advent children, or played any other ff game.

Have you ever seen a kefka vs sephiroth topic but by any change i must admit crusade may be a too big word.

It is a crusade for some people. One of my best friends is a kefka nut. Hell we plan on kicking each others asses on dissidia with him playing kefka and I using sephiroth.

Have you ever seen a kefka vs sephiroth topic but by any change i must admit crusade may be a too big word.

Kefka is probably overrated now too due to the whole anti-Sephiroth movement. Let's not use a double standard on FF7 here.

Edited by Brawl Sheeda

Kefka actually deserves most of his praise but he is a bit overrated too.

I hate Kefka but from what everyone is saying about him it sounds like i'll get killed

by the fanboys.

Edited by I_am_justice