Your Hopes for Wifi Stuffs

I didn't care too much for the pick-an-opponent one-at-a-time team fights in 7, but I was somewhat thankful for their existence, and would've been more so if I had much more people to do it with. What would you predict, or want to happen, for the wifi component that is apparently being put into the game?

I'm hoping for traditional Emblem fights (although I could see them deciding that itwouldtaketoolonglol). I could see people using generic soldier-type characters in tactical fights, maybe with some of their homegrown units thrown in that would function like the average rts' hero-type units, or using their own team entirely, maybe with some situational things like "protect/assassinate this," survive x turns against greater numbers, or a large amount of generics versus a tiny team of homebrewed.

Thoughts?

I'm hoping the game will be easy enough for me to screw with or modify. 'Cause, it's not going to be any more fun with capped unit against capped unit on the field than it was in the arena. The only difference is you move them now. Which actually makes it worse: with so limited a selection of units (I think it was said to be 5 vs 5 again) you're more likely to encounter stupid bumrushes or blatant stalemates.

They should instead opt for some co-op maps to try and finish. Ones where there's three selections of difficulties, each one more and less procuring harder enemies according to the average stats of the two teams. And able to always give enemies stronger than you.

Edited by Celice

I predict the Wi-Fi will be a very minor part of the game. Basically like the GBA Link Arenas, but on battle maps. It's just a feeling that I have...

I'm hoping it'll be slightly more interesting than that though.

The Advance Wars: Days of Ruin wi-fi wasn't very fun... especially since 75% of the time, the opponent disconnects. I hope wi-fi can work better for tactical games.

If they have wifi-battling, I sure as hell hope that they put safeguards against hackers...

It's impossible to do so. But at least you'll know hackers aren't the bad ones. You're thinking of little kids who get their action replay, their codes, and go on and abuse.

Hackers like me will be trying to make multiplayer more fun with custom maps and the like, just like the guy who made all tracks available for online play in Mario Kart DS.

It's not impossible. You know about the trade restrictions they put on certain pokemon when using the global trade center?

They can forbid you from using a character who's stats are over their regular caps for instance. A hacker might be able to change the caps, but if they don't match the ones on WiFi then it amounts to nothing.

Of course it's impossible: anything that can be created can be undone with time. In your example, it was making sure stats didn't go over the max. And... you go around that. You cause an unlimited amount of turns for one character. Or consecutive attacks always. Or magnified stats during battle at the press of a button (it's lunacy for Nintendo to bother checking data during a match).

Only stupid people can't cheat correctly online. And they're the ones who think RAM modification is hacking. Hackers know better.

I liked the link arena in the GBA games. I hope they have that
*wonders if he's serious*
*sharpens scythe* ^Yeah I'm wondering is he's serious as well

He is serious. It's embarrassing.

Doesn't Advance Wars DS 2 have normal Wi-Fi? Couldn't they just do the same that they did with AWDS2? (Intelligent Systems created them both) except add this character creation thingy and your characters would level up. It would try to match you up with people closer to your level.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love a map editor! or at least downloadable maps from IS...

My guess is that it will be exactly like Advance War's;

I'd prefer it if all the characters are capped, as long as they allow supports...er wait FE1 didn't have supports...

anyways if that the case it will all come down to skill, which I would prefer...

It would be awesome if units actually gained experience in some way... a points system like they used in the link arena would probably work as well.

It's exactly like the previous multiplayer modes, as far as we know. Five people on a map against five people. The only difference is now you will take a little bit running either to your complete death, creating a stalemate, or running away until there is now place to go.

Fire Emblem, to have good multiplayer, needs to make it a co-op thing against enemies or really break it down into a Nintendo Wars kinda game. Fire Emblem is not a multiplayer thing. It's for story; Nintendo Wars is where IS cares about the gameplay.

I hope it turns out to be like Advance Wars, exept with your characters.

For fun, I'm goint to see if I can win using 'Team Lameos' (i.e. Jeigan, Viluck, Bantou, Boa and some other terribe character)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, 5v5 on a battle map would most definitely be more interesting that the arena if they made good use of terrain/weather effects. Custom maps would also be nice, but announcements so far say that isn't happening :(

After playing FETO, insane team v. insane team just doesn't work. I was hoping for something like Dorian said, with the generic v. homebred.

Edited by ChaosNinji