Harken Appriciation Thread

Soviet Gregor

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tactician Bonus

what tactician bonus

the one that doesn't exist and was proven to BS several years ago?

This one.

Tactician Stars

In the Fortune-Tactician window, one star is awarded for every four chapters completed (excludes Lyn mode chapters).

The maximum obtainable stars for an optimum Hector's story playthrough is 7. Apparently it's possible to get 2 more stars, but the exact details are unknown.

All characters (on your side) receive +1 Critical Evade for each star. Those characters with the same Affinity as the Tactician receive an additional +1 Accuracy and +1 Avoid for each star.

...That tactician bonus? My first time hearing about it.

Anyway...Gaidens assumed, that's about +5 crtavo? Meaning Harken only has about 4 crit on him. Goddess Icons are not a resource in high demand so it's not unplausable to say he gets one. By the way, if you're giving Raven supports, I'm giving Harken supports. C Isadora [11 turns] and that +5 crtavo turns that into a 0, how do you like them apples?

Even if it didn't you're hilariously exaggerating this point about Luna druids anyway.

...That tactician bonus? My first time hearing about it.

Anyway...Gaidens assumed, that's about +5 crtavo? Meaning Harken only has about 4 crit on him. Goddess Icons are not a resource in high demand so it's not unplausable to say he gets one. By the way, if you're giving Raven supports, I'm giving Harken supports. C Isadora [11 turns] and that +5 crtavo turns that into a 0, how do you like them apples?

Even if it didn't you're hilariously exaggerating this point about Luna druids anyway.

Um.

Even with +5 CEV from the Tactician Bonus, a Goddess Icon, and C Isadora (only +2 CEV), base Harken only achieves 21 CEV. About the same as Raven before the Tactician Bonus. In other words, he's still facing critrates even with all that bull thrown in.

Harken sucks so much.

Even with +5 CEV from the Tactician Bonus, a Goddess Icon, and C Isadora (only +2 CEV

For whatever reason I read Fire's +Critical as Crit evade...but that's only assuming C Isadora anyway. Harken/Isadora is so fast that B or even A (but that's stretching it) is possible.

Harken sucks so much.

3~% crit rates on enemies of which there are only one or two of per map, provided they exist for that chapter.

Cry harder, please.

Right...

I can't believe we're using Luna Druids as an actual argument Crit-wise anyway. Also, it would have to match the tactician's affinity, correct? I don't think it's 100% safe to assume that it's always going to be Ice.

Both Raven and Harken are still awesome though.

Edited by Colonel M

Right...

I can't believe we're using Luna Druids as an actual argument Crit-wise anyway. Also, it would have to match the tactician's affinity, correct? I don't think it's 100% safe to assume that it's always going to be Ice.

Both Raven and Harken are still awesome though.

To get the hit and avo bonuses, yeah, the affinity has to be the same. But the CEV bonus goes out to everyone regardless of affinity.

...Do random Luna Druids even have high enough Magic to kill Harken in a single crit?

HHM Druids have over 20 Mag. Hp caps at 60. lol, they can kill any unit in the game with a crit.

If he's being sarcastic he's doing a terrible job because he keeps making arguments to be KIND of taken seriously.

I'm just expressing my opinion that Raven >>> Harken and Harken sucks balls.

More reasons why I hate this game. *Sigh*.

Sucks that a lot of his support options are early on the game. Having Marcus, Eliwood, Lowen, and I guess lolVaida is pretty good.

Still, saying that Harken sucks is a pretty foolish in my opinion. He does have a flaw, but I'm pretty sure he isn't the only unit that stuggles against Luna Druids / highCrit units.

Harken is like, the one reason why a 0% growths run can be 5 starred in tactics.

If he's being sarcastic he's doing a terrible job because he keeps making arguments to be KIND of taken seriously.

Isn't this doing a good job?

Edited by dondon151

• 2 weeks later...

I believe you had to have a higher combined level total on other units than the non magic users in your group to access him (or was it the other way around?), and you would go to an alternate map on the same chapter in which you'd get Karel.

Basically, it was Karel + Wo Dao VS Harken + Brave Sword. Both are decent characters, but Harken was just better, came with the better weapon, and he also gets HHM bonuses...

I believe you had to have a higher combined level total on other units than the non magic users in your group to access him (or was it the other way around?), and you would go to an alternate map on the same chapter in which you'd get Karel.

Basically, it was Karel + Wo Dao VS Harken + Brave Sword. Both are decent characters, but Harken was just better, came with the better weapon, and he also gets HHM bonuses...

I thought that to get Harken you have to kill exactly three classed-up enemy units before the second snow storm. It's worked for me before, but not the next time I played.

No. That just picks the map.

I thought that to get Harken you have to kill exactly three classed-up enemy units before the second snow storm. It's worked for me before, but not the next time I played.

Not quite:

Defeat less than 2 promoted enemies / Open less than 4 doors

Either way, appears as an enemy at the beginning of Turn 10 and can be recruited with Eliwood, Marcus, Lowen, Hector, Oswin or Isadora