Small dilemma

Raven

18 members have voted

1. 1. Get the S rank in:

• Sword level
    • Axe level

So yeah, my Raven here is in a situation where he has an A with both sword and axe mastery levels, as you see here:

ravenswordaxelt2.png

This basically comes down to whether Raven will end up using the Regal Blade or the Basilikos... Regal Blade has a weight value of 9, while Basilikos is 13. Raven's constitution is 9, so I'm personally leaning towards an S in sword level, but other opinions, I'd like to see.

Personally, I'd make him go for S Rank Sword, Regal Blade. Giving him a S Rank Axe as well as equip him with Axe would reduce what little speed average he has. Which is still bad IMO. Raven just have the right 9 Con to even carry Regal Blade since it just weighs enough for him, simply put it won't take away him fair amount of speed since Regal Blade weighs is 9. Plus, Swords>Axe due to weapon triangle.

Personally, I'd make him go for S Rank Sword, Regal Blade. Giving him a S Rank Axe as well as equip him with Axe would reduce what little speed average he has. Which is still bad IMO. Raven just have the right 9 Con to even carry Regal Blade since it just weighs enough for him, simply put it won't take away him fair amount of speed since Regal Blade weighs is 9. Plus, Swords>Axe due to weapon triangle.

It may be true that Swords beat Axes in the weapons triangle, but Axes beat Swords' weakness.

Everyone is making very good points, making it even harder to choose, heh... The reason the axe level is so high is because I've been using save states along with the Devil axe.

Currently, his stats look like this:

Lv7

HP 49

Str 19

Skill 24

Spd 22

Luck 12

Def 14

Res 6

I can give the Body ring to him I found in Desert last chapter, but I was saving it for Nino. Eugh, I hate decisions.

there really is no point using the s ranked weapons in the last chapter anyway. Conserve them for funds. As for which s rank to shoot for, id say sword. Even though axe>swords, I'm pretty sure you have better axe users out there with better con. Axes for raven are more of a secondary weapon choice, stick with swords imo.

Swords are for retards.

Axes are for super totally awesome people.

looks like there's a lot of retards here...

anyway, I'd say swords just because I like having units master the weapon they start out with

looks like there's a lot of retards here...

anyway, I'd say swords just because I like having units master the weapon they start out with

I feel the same way.

Looks like Hika and I are alone. Another reason I would think axes is because there are already enough sword users. Lyn, Eliwood, Hector (all 3 lords?), Guy, Karel, Harken, Rath, Peggy sisters, Heath and Vaida. Plus I think Raven just looks cooler wielding an axe.....

That is exactly what I thought. My only decent axe-user is Hector and Oswin (who have an A support, which is awesome). Dart has good speed and strength and an A support with my awesome Rebecca, but the rest of his stats suck. 9 skill by the time he changed to Berserker class at lv20 Pirate? Never happened to me before, get out...

My reasoning was simple enough: Swords are for babies, Axes are for totally awesome people. Raven is totally awesome.

Looks like Hika and I are alone. Another reason I would think axes is because there are already enough sword users. Lyn, Eliwood, Hector (all 3 lords?), Guy, Karel, Harken, Rath, Peggy sisters, Heath and Vaida. Plus I think Raven just looks cooler wielding an axe.....

Enough sword users is not a good reason. And half of those listed learn how to wield a sword AFTER promotion.

Enough sword users is not a good reason. And half of those listed learn how to wield a sword AFTER promotion.

You don't seem to get it at all. Raven is clearly not fit to use any Axe at all because:

1: Raven has a Con of 9. With that, he can't even carry a single Iron Axe without speed loss. Which is bad considering how much speed Raven average out at Lv. 20/20.

2: Not only that, all Axe weapons have crappy accuracy when comparing to Swords by ranks. Why would you want to give him Axe considering its very sturdy to Raven's league when he's better off carrying decent Swords such as Regal Blade.

You don't seem to get it at all. Raven is clearly not fit to use any Axe at all because:

1: Raven has a Con of 9. With that, he can't even carry a single Iron Axe without speed loss. Which is bad considering how much speed Raven average out at Lv. 20/20.

2: Not only that, all Axe weapons have crappy accuracy when comparing to Swords by ranks. Why would you want to give him Axe considering its very sturdy to Raven's league when he's better off carrying decent Swords such as Regal Blade.

*changes reason to that one*