Small dilemma

Raven

18 members have voted

1. 1. Get the S rank in:

• Sword level
    • Axe level

You don't seem to get it at all. Raven is clearly not fit to use any Axe at all because:

1: Raven has a Con of 9. With that, he can't even carry a single Iron Axe without speed loss. Which is bad considering how much speed Raven average out at Lv. 20/20.

2: Not only that, all Axe weapons have crappy accuracy when comparing to Swords by ranks. Why would you want to give him Axe considering its very sturdy to Raven's league when he's better off carrying decent Swords such as Regal Blade.

Now seriously, where the hell in this game is speed loss going to matter? By the point Raven is at, practically your entire team will be doubling everything anyway, save maybe the rare swordmaster, which Raven wouldn't use an axe against anyway. And the S weapons are hardly useful at all except for funds rankings, which I usually don't even care about.

Now seriously, where the hell in this game is speed loss going to matter? By the point Raven is at, practically your entire team will be doubling everything anyway, save maybe the rare swordmaster, which Raven wouldn't use an axe against anyway. And the S weapons are hardly useful at all except for funds rankings, which I usually don't even care about.

Well its going to matter if you were to bring him in the final chapters as such. Because Raven is more than qualify to be part of your end game team. Lets say if he were to do battle with Lloyd or Linus. That is where Raven will be in a tight situation if he were to us any Axes. Especially with the weapon triangles.

As stated earlier Raven has a Con of 9 as well as averaging out 26 speed without the HM Bonus. Any axes that he choose to carry will hurt is overall performance, especially in the Final Chapter:

12 Wt from the Hand Axe/Silver Axe - 9 Con = -3 Spd loss

10 Wt from the Iron Axe/Poison Axe/Emblem Axe - 9 Con = -1 Spd loss

15 Wt from the Steel Axe/Halberd/Hammer - 9 Con = -6 Spd loss

18 Wt from the Devil Axe - 9 Con = -9 Spd loss

13 Wt from the Swordreaver/Swordslayer - 9 Con = -4 Spd loss

14 Wt from the Tomahawk - 9 Con = -5 Spd loss

16 Wt from the Brave Axe - 9 Con = -7 Spd loss

Notice the speed loss difference of each Axe if Raven were to carry? Clearly he was not meant to carry any Axe at all.

Against a sword user - say LLoyd for example, I would make Raven use a Swordreaver. He is also in an A support with Priscilla, and a B support with Rebecca. I also gave him a body ring, making his overall constitution 11. It's things like this that would give any player the advantage, and allow Raven to use an axe in battle against a sword user. Unless raven is better in stats than that of the enemy sword user, you would not really consider using an axe. Raven is capable of taking hits with his decent defense, dodge and HP, so I don't see how using one can be all that bad - it allows him to do more as a unit.

Swords are for retards.

Axes are for super totally awesome people.

What this awesome person said. Raven is about as fast and accurate as it gets, so axes will give him even better attack with barely dented other stuff.

True. More-so in Hard Mode where enemies are more evasive and defensive. You are still able to get near perfect hits in, double them, plus the added power of an axe over what strength a sword has to give. It's great. Raven's great. Raven with Priscilla and Rebecca is even better.

Why would you attack Lloyd or Linus at all with an axe? Overall throughout the game axes tend to be more useful for him is all I'm saying

The sword killer happens to be the single best way to kill linus and lloyd, since you get triple might and double the weapon triangle advantage. I usually just end up using athos and hector to kill them in one turn, but my guess is raven might not be in such bad shape.

For the most part, the enemies in fe7 (including hhm) are weak enough such that by the time you get raven promoted, he will double anything, and kill anything with an iron axe. The stronger might of axes, and the general uberness of your characters means that there is actually no reason not to use an axe if a character can use one, unless you really want to use one of the S rank weapons. The bonus critical from s rank is in axes is more useful than the ability to use the regal blade imo, and it will benefit you for a much longer period of the game.

Axes>Swords

However poor Raven doesn't have the con for most axes, so you should stick with swords unless you don't mind him being slower (and his defense isn't exactly awesome, so the less dodge can be harmful).

But then again this is FE7, with easy enemies, so I would just go axes, unless your on HHM then go swords.

Well its going to matter if you were to bring him in the final chapters as such. Because Raven is more than qualify to be part of your end game team. Lets say if he were to do battle with Lloyd or Linus. That is where Raven will be in a tight situation if he were to us any Axes. Especially with the weapon triangles.

As stated earlier Raven has a Con of 9 as well as averaging out 26 speed without the HM Bonus. Any axes that he choose to carry will hurt is overall performance, especially in the Final Chapter:

12 Wt from the Hand Axe/Silver Axe - 9 Con = -3 Spd loss

10 Wt from the Iron Axe/Poison Axe/Emblem Axe - 9 Con = -1 Spd loss

15 Wt from the Steel Axe/Halberd/Hammer - 9 Con = -6 Spd loss

18 Wt from the Devil Axe - 9 Con = -9 Spd loss

13 Wt from the Swordreaver/Swordslayer - 9 Con = -4 Spd loss

14 Wt from the Tomahawk - 9 Con = -5 Spd loss

16 Wt from the Brave Axe - 9 Con = -7 Spd loss

Notice the speed loss difference of each Axe if Raven were to carry? Clearly he was not meant to carry any Axe at all.

Well that encouraged my vote. Speed is important after all

Maybe so, but even on HHM, you can still double on practically any enemy unit with an axe because the speed of Raven makes up for his lack of constitution.

It depends on which enemy you'd face. Lets say if Raven were to comfront against a enemy Swordmasters, theres no way he can double.

Raven wouldn't even be doubling with swords in that case, and why the hell would you attack a swordmaster with an axe unless it's a swordreaver?

It depends on which enemy you'd face. Lets say if Raven were to comfront against a enemy Swordmasters, theres no way he can double.

That much is true, but he wouldn't be able to double with a sword either, more than likely. Even so, one-on-one he would still come out on top, because Raven's awesome like that. But in any case, you wouldn't attack a swordmaster with an axe, in theory anyway. Not unless you're able to take them, in Ravens case it's more than likely a "yes".

There's messing around, and then there's not messing around. Most, if not all of the enemies Raven can't double on this or that difficulty are sword units. Solution? Sword Reaver. I don't think there's a unit in the game who can, provided they have the triangle disadvantage, survive 2 hits from that thing.

Actually, in practice, Raven is a perfectly fine against swordmasters with an axe. The added might will still make an axe preferable to a sword in this matchup.

Really though, you have to see it to believe it. Use Raven with an axe, and I can guarantee that you will be very, very pleased with the result. There seems to be a real strange stigma that axes are inferior among many people. Many people I know who thought this way completely changed their minds once they started using an axe Raven.

Edited by choco