Mario Kart Wifi is HORRIBLE

21_21

Ugh! More connection errors. I got from 9700 all the way down to 8900. It seems that wifi has a mind of its own and doesn't want me to reach 9999 and'll do whatever it takes to stop me. It's a race against time, I guess.

Also, who in the right mind decided to put GBA Shy guy beach for? Over half of the race track is off road, and it's becoming a hindrance to my goal of being in first place. Honestly, I think they chose some of the worst retro stages.

Ugh! More connection errors. I got from 9700 all the way down to 8900. It seems that wifi has a mind of its own and doesn't want me to reach 9999 and'll do whatever it takes to stop me. It's a race against time, I guess.

Also, who in the right mind decided to put GBA Shy guy beach for? Over half of the race track is off road, and it's becoming a hindrance to my goal of being in first place. Honestly, I think they chose some of the worst retro stages.

Stay on the road. And Tick Tock Clock would have been perfect.

Mario Kart Wii is my only Mario Kart game!

I enjoy it a lot though :o

I'm just a borderline 7500-8000 player on a good day ~_~

Wi Fi is okay, I don't get much in the lag apartment, but I have to agree with the items though....

Edited by ChocoBanana

I agree, items are way too overpowered, you can't dodge blue shells, red shells can't be blocked with fake item boxes and what's worse, there's no recovery time, meaning that you can go from 1st to 12th very easily.

Though MKwii isn't too bad.

I agree, items are way too overpowered, you can't dodge blue shells, red shells can't be blocked with fake item boxes and what's worse, there's no recovery time, meaning that you can go from 1st to 12th very easily.

Use a mushroom before it lands.

Stay on the road. And Tick Tock Clock would have been perfect.

Yeah, I know, but I hate the part where you have to island hop those little islands that have items on it, especially when I'm trying to taunt there with mach bike to go faster, but someone with DD/Magi grazes by like it's nothing.

Also, my thoughts exactly about Tick Tock Clock being perfect as a retro.

I only agree with you because of the wifi. I would've been long bored of it if there were no wifi, but I might actually change my thoughts on that.

But you'll most likely be getting most of the boost/invincible items when you're at the back of the race, and you'll be using those items just to keep up in the race, let alone getting to first place with them.

Status update: Luckily, I was in a room full of pros an intense one at that), but it was hard getting up to first place. I ended up mainly in second or third and sometimes first. Luckily my vr got boosted all the way up to 9400 and no communication error as of yet. Things are starting to look up for me :)

Edited by 21_21

But you'll most likely be getting most of the boost/invincible items when you're at the back of the race, and you'll be using those items just to keep up in the race, let alone getting to first place with them.

well if you get one in fourth or third, its not too hard to get to first with out it especially if you use a bike.

Edited by Titan Raven

well if you get one in fourth or third, its not too hard to get to first with out it especially if you use a bike.

Eh I guess. But I mostly end up with red shell or three green shells when I'm in one of those places, assuming it's all twelve players in the room, but I see what you're saying.

Edited by 21_21

you know a combination of items that are undodgeable? Pow/red shell/blue shell

Yeah, but I rarely get into a situation like that. I more frequently encounter blue shells right after I get struck by lightning.

Happens very often to me. oh i also hate it when i have a red cube on my back and a red sell hits me. the cube goes ahead of me and i crash against it.

Happens very often to me. oh i also hate it when i have a red cube on my back and a red sell hits me. the cube goes ahead of me and i crash against it.

I hate how that happens as well. Pretty much anything that can go awry can screw you up big time.

And lets not forget when the player behind you throws a green shell that ends up being deflected in more than ten randomly different directions and strikes you like 20 seconds later.

Edited by 21_21

I hate how that happens as well. Pretty much anything that can go awry can screw you up big time.

And lets not forget when the player behind you throws a green shell that ends up being deflected in random direction and strikes you like 20 seconds later.

true, or when you throw a green shell and it ends up hitting you :/

BTW do you do time trials? i hate how a single touch of a wall can make you screw up.

BTW do you do time trials? i hate how a single touch of a wall can make you screw up.

Lol, getting hit by a green shell you throw never gets old, but has happened to me a lot, especially on wifi.

Also, yeah, I do time trials, and use funky with FR just to be as fast as I can, so that kind of screw up can be a huge pain, especially at that modified Bowser's Castle Tournament.

Or if the physics of the game can also screw you up. You can't sometimes steer properly if you're going down the ramp and you fall off >_<

Edited by 21_21

Lol, getting hit by a green shell you throw never gets old, but has happened to me a lot, especially on wifi.

Also, yeah, I do time trials, and use funky with FR just to be as fast as I can, so that kind of screw up can be a huge pain, especially at that modified Bowser's Castle Tournament.

Or if the physics of the game can also screw you up. You can't sometimes steer properly if you're going down the ramp and you fall off >_<

i don't play the tournaments due to no wifi. But yeah sometime you fall off or if your so focused and some one talks to you you fall off crash or anything bad happens to you. i hate it.

BTW i just saw that castle (youtube) and it looks awesome.

Edited by Titan Raven

i don't play the tournaments due to no wifi. But yeah sometime you fall off or if your so focused and some one talks to you you fall off crash or anything bad happens to you. i hate it.

What happened? You lost the wifi connection?

BTW i just saw that castle (youtube) and it looks awesome.

Yeah it does. I think they should stick with that stage rather than the regular Bowser's Castle. We need some really hardcore stages on MKWii.

Yeah it does. I think they should stick with that stage rather than the regular Bowser's Castle. We need some really hardcore stages on MKWii.

Rainbow Road, Grumble Volcano and Maple Treeway says hi.

Those stages, especially Rainbow Road end up too easy after you play in them couple of times. Grumble Volcano isn't really hard. The only issues in that stage are that you just don't have to bump into walls and avoid any incoming rocks, which are not hard at all.

Although I might agree with you on Maple Treeway and to some extent Wario's Gold Mine.

The modified Bowser's castle really takes the cake, though.

Edited by 21_21

Those stages, especially Rainbow Road end up too easy after you play in them couple of times. Grumble Volcano isn't really hard. The only issues in that stage are that you just don't have to bump into walls and avoid any incoming rocks, which are not hard at all.

Although I might agree with you on Maple Treeway and to some extent Wario's Gold Mine.

The modified Bowser's castle really takes the cake, though.

Oh, you meant the difficulty of the track and not how cool it looked? Sorry about that. :x

What happened? You lost the wifi connection?

Yeah i has no more wifi since like last winter. i'm going to see into buying the lan adapter. i might get money this coming week.

BTW maple treeway isn't that hard really.Grumble Volcanoe isn't hard either.

Edited by Titan Raven

Yeah i has no more wifi since like last winter. i'm going to see into buying the lan adapter. i might get money this coming week.

BTW maple treeway isn't that hard really.Grumble Volcanoe isn't hard either.

Say, if you ever get your wifi back, can you give me your FC?

Also, none of the stages are hard in Mario Kart Wii.