PS3 Slim

Doom103

BTW: PS1 games are already available. Are they really speaking of adding PS2 games too? MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, and MGS4 all installed onto the hard drive would be EPIC.

lol Metal Gear Solid Trilogy, that'd be nice, especially when I'm having a hard time looking for all of them. I don't think I can find the MGS collection any more.

By the way, I found an article on Yahoo that apparantly appraises the PS 3 Slim very highly.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/is-now-the-time-to-buy-a-playstation-3-/1348503

The only thing I like about the slim is that it's "greener" than others but that's still not much of an issue to make me buy it. According to the article, it's believed that Sony planning to make a 250 Gig Slim, which may indeed be expensive.

I don't really care about Slim. I just wished that they'd make PS 3 that plays PS 2 games again.

Edited by 21_21

Current PS3s are completely void of PS2 game playing ability, don't let anyone fool you. And the last generation of them that WERE still able to play them, did it via software emulation, which made for a lot of incompatibilities. The last PS3s that had hardware support for PS2 games were the 60 and 20 gig PS3s that were out originally. You can identify them by the model numbers CECHAxx and CECHBxx respectively. None of the PS3 models ever had hardware support for the PS1 and PS2 memory cards out of the box though. An adapter was always needed for this.

As for PS1 backwards compatibility, this still exists in all models, however once the Hardware for the PS2 compatibility was removed, PS1 games are played via software emulation, and their compatibility was limited as a result.