Is Lex good?

CrashGordon94

Lex has the hero axe, which is actually worth using unlike the others.

Oh, I see!

.....So ALL the other Axes are bad?

Basically.

Even the swastika is bad.

The Swanchika is bad? But it's a Holy Weapon that gives lotsa DEF! :huh:

Lex has the hero axe, which is actually worth using unlike the others.

Oh, I see!

.....So ALL the other Axes are bad?

Basically.

Even the swastika is bad.

The Swanchika is bad? But it's a Holy Weapon that gives lotsa DEF! :huh:

ANYWAY>

Lex is good, as a father(neir bonuses) and as a moving tank(Brave axe+Neir minor blood+lolGeneral Growths)

Edit: Elite. nuff said.

There aren't other pure axe users.

Except for the 4 people (Not including Lex) who use it

And you can only get 3 of those 4

and 3 of them are generation 1 good, and two of them are from the second generation.

Edited by Rennac

Depending on how you view Lex, he's okay.

Neir blood means he'll be a tank, he's on a pony, he has elite, a brave weapon no one else needs/uses. He makes a fine husband to Aira/Bridgette/Lachesis/the doorstep. Drawbacks are that he does not have Pursuit as a father and that some pairings are just bad for practical uses.

Lex compared to other Gen 1 units is pretty good.

Hero Axe is the best one.

The other 2 Axe users are in the 2nd Gen and you can only have one of them. One's on foot so in the later chapters, he'll fall behind. The other is mounted and is somewhat similar to Lex but unfortunately for him, several of your other units are better so you may see him as mediocre >_>.

Edited by ?!

So, Lex & the Hero Axer are good, all the other Axes & Axe Users are bad?

That's really unfair on my favorite weapon type! D:

All other axe users are bad? Er, not quite. Lex is the ONLY axeman in the first generation. In Gen 2, you have a choice between Johan and Johalva, both of whom can also use the Hero axe.

So, Lex & the Hero Axer are good, all the other Axes & Axe Users are bad?

That's really unfair on my favorite weapon type! D:

All other axe users are bad? Er, not quite. Lex is the ONLY axeman in the first generation. In Gen 2, you have a choice between Johan and Johalva, both of whom can also use the Hero axe.

Master Knight says Hi.

Well, as the Hero Axe can't be passed down IIRC, Johan/Johalva might be pretty decent with it, as they pretty much are the only ones that want and need it.

Master Knight says Hi.

Lex is the only one that actually wants it, though.

Edited by Rei of Nanto

Lex is very good, sure, his growth rates for speed and skill are a little low but he has really nice bases for those, I promoted him, Ardan and Fin yesterday, they are invincible (for this chapter; 3).

I can't say anything about Lex's qualities as a father considering that I haven't reached 2nd generation in FE4 yet, but as a combat unit, I find Lex to be pretty useful. Even with the hero axe there are some other dudes that surpass him in offense simply because the Hero Axe still weighs quite a lot (12 Wt) and they'll simply outspeed him, doubling a bunch of enemies (or quadrupling them with hero weapons) that Lex can not (regularly). However, Lex is incredibly tanky. His HP and DEF are downright awesome, which means that he's very good at baiting enemies into attacking you and surviving it (unless there are mages among the enemies). You can simply use him as a very reliable moving wall if all else fails.

Also, with Elite he gains levels pretty damn fast, allowing him to promote pretty early and become your tankiest unit for basically all of the 1st gen.

Edited by Raymond

Lex is good. He has that skill where you can earn more than normal number of exp and he's a beast with Hero Axe. Well, almost. He's obviously only good with fighting regular bad guys instead of bosses at the last chapter you use him.

Lex is good. He has that skill where you can earn more than normal number of exp and he's a beast with Hero Axe. Well, almost. He's obviously only good with fighting regular bad guys instead of bosses at the last chapter you use him.

Elite?

Elite?

Yeah I think that's what it's called. It gives you either 1.5 times or twice the normal exp you get. It's been a while since I last played so my memory's a little fuzzy about it.

Good luck doubling with it.

Eh, it still has insane ATK to the point where One-shotting is possible, 1-2 range, and crazy def PLUS res boosts which make any old schmuck with it invincible. I'm sure you could find some use for it, were it obtainable.

Eh, it still has insane ATK to the point where One-shotting is possible, 1-2 range, and crazy def PLUS res boosts which make any old schmuck with it invincible. I'm sure you could find some use for it, were it obtainable.

That would depend on when you get it.

C8 Armors are a definite no (58 HP + 15 DEF)

C8 Lance Knights require 59 ATK

C9 Wyvern Riders (lowest Wyverns) require 58 ATK.

After that it's pretty rare to see 60 physical ATK kill anything in 1 shot... never mind the fact that Johan would max 57 ATK and Johalva would see max 56 ATK. +5 if you put the Power ring on them.

In the end, it's basically just making the user a tank that will leave several enemies alive for others to kill.

Edited by ?!

Wait, what?

One-shotting with 65 attack max (if 30 STR and power ring)? You mean, mages?

Invincible? Only if coupled with Nihil and high bases. Otherwise... well, look at the Swanthika users in vanilla. They are jokes.

Edited by TheEnd