Is Lex good?

CrashGordon94

That would depend on when you get it.

C8 Armors are a definite no (58 HP + 15 DEF)

C8 Lance Knights require 59 ATK

C9 Wyvern Riders (lowest Wyverns) require 58 ATK.

After that it's pretty rare to see 60 physical ATK kill anything in 1 shot... never mind the fact that Johan would max 57 ATK and Johalva would see max 56 ATK. +5 if you put the Power ring on them.

Maybe not one-shotting, but being less useful than most holy weapon users doesn't mean you're bad. Especially since most don't have 1-2 range, and nearly OHKOing something>not attacking it. If it was obtained early, the durability boost would be useful, too.

Only if coupled with Nihil and high bases.

Why Nihil? How many enemies in Gen 2 actually have skills? Like, four bosses? IF that?

Otherwise... well, look at the Swanthika users in vanilla. They are jokes.

Yohan's not terrible, although that's really due to being mounted and Hero axe and good durability [i.e Lex] more than anything else. Nothing great but he's not like, lolCorpul or Hannibal or anything.

I think Yohan ORKOs most stuff with Hero early in the game, also, which, even better, kills them before they get a chance to counter. Several earlygame enemies also have negative AS so even if not he can use the Pursuit ring to lol4x some stuff.

Edited by Miyamoto Powers

After that it's pretty rare to see 60 physical ATK kill anything in 1 shot... never mind the fact that Johan would max 57 ATK and Johalva would see max 56 ATK. +5 if you put the Power ring on them.

Maybe not one-shotting, but being less useful than most holy weapon users doesn't mean you're bad. Especially since most don't have 1-2 range, and nearly OHKOing something>not attacking it. If it was obtained early, the durability boost would be useful, too.

Why Nihil? How many enemies in Gen 2 actually have skills? Like, four bosses? IF that?

Yohan's not terrible, although that's really due to being mounted and Hero axe and good durability [i.e Lex] more than anything else. Nothing great but he's not like, lolCorpul or Hannibal or anything.

I think Yohan ORKOs most stuff with Hero early in the game, also, which, even better, kills them before they get a chance to counter. Several earlygame enemies also have negative AS so even if not he can use the Pursuit ring to lol4x some stuff.

Why no givey to Celice? (Pursuit Ring)

Why no givey to Celice? (Pursuit Ring)

Because he already HAS Pursuit, meaning you're wasting the entire purpose of the ring?

Leaf doesn't exist yet. It's not a crime to pass it around: You have to do that to get the ring for Leaf anyway.

If Lex didn't have Elite, he'd be an okay unit. If he didn't have the Hero Axe, he'd be a bad one. If he had neither... well. As it is, he does, so he's really quite easy to use, and there's not really any particularly great reason not to. If you're playing ranked, he's your best friend in the first gen. Trouble reaching 30? Not this guy.

What are you talking about? Johan can NOT use Swanchika.

Are you sure you quoted the right person? The second person clearly mentioned nothing about the Yohan/Yohalva brothers wielding Swanchika. And earlier, people were discussing how useful the Swanchika could be if you could obtain it. o-O

Anyways, only person I'd pair Lex with is Arya (maybe Lachesis) since everybody else ends up better statistically with another father. Lakche and Skasher are saved thanks to their speed growth, regardless of their father.

And yeah, I don't give a shit if Tinny and Arthur are able to reach level 30 really fast if they're going to have around fifteen strength/magic.

Are you sure you quoted the right person? The second person clearly mentioned nothing about the Yohan/Yohalva brothers wielding Swanchika. And earlier, people were discussing how useful the Swanchika could be if you could obtain it. o-O

He is speaking hypothetically about what if Neir brother can use Swanchika. I realized that late, so it's my bad.

That, or BB's post didn't answer TheEnd's.

Swanthika is enemy-only. The Swanthika users are Langobalt and Brian. They're very far from being invincible. Unlike, say, Alvis (who has a similarly tanky Divine Weapon, Falaflame, and can give your army a beating - because of Nihil and 40 def/res).

If Johan or Johalvier were to use the Swanthika, they'd get fried by any half-assed mage, since they can't dodge shit and have negligible base RES. You call that invincibility? I don't.

If Johan or Johalvier were to use the Swanthika, they'd get fried by any half-assed mage

Johan has ambush, after he got weakened enough he one shot any noob that tried attacking him.