High School

Lux Aeterna

I remember high school, it was a few months ago anyway. It's not that much different from middle school. Well, aside from hormones.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! D:

Yep, you'll run into/over hear guys/girls who think with their crotches.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember high school, it was a few months ago anyway. It's not that much different from middle school. Well, aside from hormones.

Meh, I've already been through that, now I can handle any situation, yep.

I thought that was everywhere. Even in middle.

But it's worse.

I loooooooooooove people who think with their crotches. It's an amazing opportunity.

But it's worse.

Worse? Or better?

This is no different from life after high school. I'm approaching 30, and I know people in their 40s that are still thinking like that.

This is no different from life after high school. I'm approaching 30, and I know people in their 40s that are still thinking like that.

That's... That's awful! People solely seek sexual pleasure? Those fools...

Hmm....whadya know? I thought I was the only one with that thought, very few people recognize this...especially at our age, like I said before, I've already been through that, I cannot be beaten by lust.

Hmm....whadya know? I thought I was the only one with that thought, very few people recognize this...especially at our age, like I said before, I've already been through that, I cannot be beaten by lust.

Well, I had a feeling nothing was as simple as it seemed. I knew there had to be something going on. One week through school, and I've already heard two references to sex they've had with people. D: Whether it's true or not, I'm unsure. O_o

Attractiveness does not daunt me. The only girls I've had feelings for I have been shy with, of course. But none of them have thought that way.

Well, except for the first girl I liked, who wasn't a whore 'till later, and then wasn't, but that's a loooooooong story...

High school is really what YOU make of it. The kid that said he dropped out, while dumber than a rock from what little impression I have of him.[/ B)

-Cough-

Since I'm the only one who mentioned they dropped out I'm assuming you're talking to me. I be a girl. D:

Second of all, you don't understand my situation at all, yet you criticize my decision? For the record, around here school is mostly for educating you enough to go to university where you study a profession so you may have a career. I have no need for a career, and I don't ever enjoy learning new things the way the school teaches them, so the primary objective of career training, and a secondary objective of entertainment is out. Last thing I could think of is that "productive member of society" shit. I don't even want to get into that rubbish.

Americans make dropping out to be such an awful thing, yet over here in Scotland no one really gives a shit. You can drop out of school and still go to universities.

Uh, we can't though...

Regardless of how rich your father is, you should have a career. Think about it. Is your fortune really big enough to support a family? Your ideas and perceptions will definitely change as you get older. Don't make stupid choices that will fuck your whole life up in the future. Don't tell me you don't want a family either, because that's not my point.

It's that American centralized point of view again, aye?

Why do you do that? Not all Americans are "evil."

Education is important.

The amount of surprise and indignance in your tone betray a stunning naivety about how the real world, and human nature, work. Yes, people solely seek sexual pleasure. Some people don't even really seek sexual pleasure so much as the feelings of power and accomplishment that come with sex. In high school, you'll hear guys bragging that they nailed women X to look cool among their friends (and having the side effect of degrading the woman in this case, whether the deed was actually done or not; the wonders of society, in a mutual act, the man is celebrated and the woman is denigrated). But in adult life? It's basically the same thing, for different reasons. Superiors at a job have sex with subordinates - or sometimes peers - for the sake of having that bit of superiority over a woman; it's kinda like a dog pissing on a tree, it's a mark of territory. Women who are afraid of a proverbial glass ceiling will have sex to get their foot in the door at a place, where they can then advance on their merits, whether actual or perceived. This will continue for the people involved in these tasks - the act of having sex for any purpose other than simply procreating or simply enjoying sex - until they are physically unable to have sex any longer due to old age or other issues. This is human nature, and to deny it is to be naive. A lot of people ehre say "well, I don't fall for that, I'm above falling for sexual ills", but the last time I heard that, it was a talking owl talking about being "Twitterpated"; You can see what happened at the end of that little spiel here. You're all going to have a first sexual experience, and for most of you, it will be like a drug that you are instantly addicted to.

As for the Scottish bint with the silver spoon, since the people here are generally American, she is not relevant to this conversation in my eyes, nor do I think she'll be relevant to anyone, seeing how comfy she seems to be with mediocrity.

The amount of surprise and indignance in your tone betray a stunning naivety about how the real world, and human nature, work. Yes, people solely seek sexual pleasure. Some people don't even really seek sexual pleasure so much as the feelings of power and accomplishment that come with sex. In high school, you'll hear guys bragging that they nailed women X to look cool among their friends (and having the side effect of degrading the woman in this case, whether the deed was actually done or not; the wonders of society, in a mutual act, the man is celebrated and the woman is denigrated). But in adult life? It's basically the same thing, for different reasons. Superiors at a job have sex with subordinates - or sometimes peers - for the sake of having that bit of superiority over a woman; it's kinda like a dog pissing on a tree, it's a mark of territory. Women who are afraid of a proverbial glass ceiling will have sex to get their foot in the door at a place, where they can then advance on their merits, whether actual or perceived. This will continue for the people involved in these tasks - the act of having sex for any purpose other than simply procreating or simply enjoying sex - until they are physically unable to have sex any longer due to old age or other issues. This is human nature, and to deny it is to be naive. A lot of people ehre say "well, I don't fall for that, I'm above falling for sexual ills", but the last time I heard that, it was a talking owl talking about being "Twitterpated"; You can see what happened at the end of that little spiel here. You're all going to have a first sexual experience, and for most of you, it will be like a drug that you are instantly addicted to.

As for the Scottish bint with the silver spoon, since the people here are generally American, she is not relevant to this conversation in my eyes, nor do I think she'll be relevant to anyone, seeing how comfy she seems to be with mediocrity.

I'm more naive than a lot of people, yes... It's mostly because I have no interest learning the worst of people. However, it's terrible that people say they did someone to seem cool. I was aware that people did that kind of stuff for money, but to make it your life... They don't know the meaning of shame. As for the first sexual experience, yeah, I plan for it to happen, but not until I'm married. You see, personally I'm religious (although, it's not like those people who pray every day, I'm just saying I believe in God) so there's that whole sex before marriage thing. Besides that one person who I do have it with, I want that to be an experience I share with no others, I want it to be special. Then there's that whole STD business, but I'd rather not go there. ^^;

Edited by Lux Aeterna

I'm more naive than a lot of people, yes... It's mostly because I have no interest learning the worst of people. However, it's terrible that people say they did someone to seem cool. I was aware that people did that kind of stuff for money, but to make it your life... They don't know the meaning of shame. As for the first sexual experience, yeah, I plan for it to happen, but not until I'm married. You see, personally I'm religious (although, it's not like those people who pray every day, I'm just saying I believe in God) so there's that whole sex before marriage thing. Besides that one person who I do have it with, I want that to be an experience I share with no others, I want it to be special. Then there's that whole STD business, but I'd rather not go there. ^^;

According to statistics of teen pregnancies, not a lot of people think that way. But then again, that's why there's that CARE program thing (sex education). However, I found it stupid that the sex ed start in 6th grade. People say it actually made them more curious. XD

Edited by XxFeaRLeSsxX

Hey, if you can hold out until marriage, all the power to you. Again, like I said in my own first post, cut your own path.

But I think you'd better learn the worst about people, or you're going to get run over in real life.

And it's like a whole freaking truck hitting you once you learn of the negativity at the last minute. I should know.

For me, High School was fun. Very fun. It had it's good times, and it's bad times. Hell, there are times when I almost wish I was back at it. But like Bus said, it is what you make it out to be. But my advice, don't take for granted the time or years you've got there.

Edited by WyvernSageLord

Well, I had a feeling nothing was as simple as it seemed. I knew there had to be something going on. One week through school, and I've already heard two references to sex they've had with people. D: Whether it's true or not, I'm unsure. O_o

Attractiveness does not daunt me. The only girls I've had feelings for I have been shy with, of course. But none of them have thought that way.

Well, except for the first girl I liked, who wasn't a whore 'till later, and then wasn't, but that's a loooooooong story...

I am not religous...but I do happen to believe in this thing called "Monogamy".

Why? Two girls is better than one. ;)

Well, of course. Only one person should get your full undying love. Only one can.

Edited by Lux Aeterna

I don't know if I'd consider it a negative. The way our society treats sex? Yeah, I think that's probably a bit of a negative (Superbus kind of covered that, so I won't go further unless asked to), but the way people enjoy sex is not a negative trait to me. Sex is not "special" (unless you personally impose its specialness on yourself) , it simply has very real and very big potential consequences. It's far too easy to fall into a judgmental mindset of "those people have sex just for pleasure/money/bragging rights, those fools!".

Why? Two girls is better than one. ;)

:D But why stop at two?

I don't know if I'd consider it a negative. The way our society treats sex? Yeah, I think that's probably a bit of a negative (Superbus kind of covered that, so I won't go further unless asked to), but the way people enjoy sex is not a negative trait to me. Sex is not "special" (unless you personally impose its specialness on yourself) , it simply has very real and very big potential consequences. It's far too easy to fall into a judgmental mindset of "those people have sex just for pleasure/money/bragging rights, those fools!".

I think you've hit a point that I can't quite comprehend, yet... I always thought it was special, mainly because it was an extension of two people's love of each other. And yeah, I know things can turn out way bad, what with these teen pregnancies and all. Well, I also learned this odd and somewhat disturbing experiment. Factoring in the possibility of STD's, and assuming you aren't gay/bisexual, consider this: If you had sex with two people, and that other person had sex with just as many as you, then you have sex with them, you've had sex with five people, two are guys. Same situation, but with three on each side, and that makes seven. It just goes on. Well, think about the fact that one person has STD, if they've done the same amount you have, you have a high chance of getting a disease. O_o

I think you've hit a point that I can't quite comprehend, yet... I always thought it was special, mainly because it was an extension of two people's love of each other. And yeah, I know things can turn out way bad, what with these teen pregnancies and all. Well, I also learned this odd and somewhat disturbing experiment. Factoring in the possibility of STD's, and assuming you aren't gay/bisexual, consider this: If you had sex with two people, and that other person had sex with just as many as you, then you have sex with them, you've had sex with five people, two are guys. Same situation, but with three on each side, and that makes seven. It just goes on. Well, think about the fact that one person has STD, if they've done the same amount you have, you have a high chance of getting a disease. O_o

One-night-stands? You can make it special, if you want to. Sex is a right. You can do anything you want with your rights as long as it doesn't hurt other people.

What I'm basically saying is: sex is special to you. It may not be to others. That's just the way it is. All in all, I think sex is pretty damn special.

-Cough-

Since I'm the only one who mentioned they dropped out I'm assuming you're talking to me. I be a girl. D:

Second of all, you don't understand my situation at all, yet you criticize my decision? For the record, around here school is mostly for educating you enough to go to university where you study a profession so you may have a career. I have no need for a career, and I don't ever enjoy learning new things the way the school teaches them, so the primary objective of career training, and a secondary objective of entertainment is out. Last thing I could think of is that "productive member of society" shit. I don't even want to get into that rubbish.

Americans make dropping out to be such an awful thing, yet over here in Scotland no one really gives a shit. You can drop out of school and still go to universities.

Why don't you need a career?

I am in a family with a lot of money. Me father says that he'll pay for anything I want until he dies, and when he does I get basically everything, and half the profits from the business he owns, which me sis will be handling. I'll have all the money I'll ever need for the rest of my life.

Alright, so my location and heritage makes me completely irrelevant, and only Americans matter in this subject?

Just to be certain on what you mean by mediocrity, as I didn't want to misinterpret what you said, I looked it up. Deriving from the word Mediocre, which it states is: " of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance" I'm quite certain that's the definition you were using it for. So because I happen to have financial security, and don't want to waste my time training for a career that I DON'T NEED, I am of low quality and value?

I didn't make a big deal about the first comment, but now I am.

Superbus can call me dumber than a rock, and back it up as it's his first impression, and that's acceptable? HOW IS THAT ACCEPTABLE!? That is a blatant insult, mates. Who cares if it's a first impression? It's still rude.

Then he isolates myself from the conversation based on my location? What about the other people in the UK? Raven is from Wales, and he posted here? I'm sure there are other people not from America who posted here. I'm isolated though because my location? Just because I so happen to have a plan that makes sense and worked for me? Blokes can drop out in America and still go to secondary schools too you know? Me mate in America dropped out of high school at 16, and took his GED (I think that's what they call it) and he went right to college. Spent 2 less years of his life in high school and went right to college.

It's ridiculous that the first statement itself was ignored. Now another? Saying someone is dumber than a rock is a BLATANT insult, even if you're saying it is "from their impression". You can think someone is a total twat, but you don't have to go up and say it to them. Why? Because it's rude, uncalled for, and instigating.

Edited by Gordon Freemeow

I am in a family with a lot of money. Me father says that he'll pay for anything I want until he dies, and when he does I get basically everything, and half the profits from the business he owns, which me sis will be handling. I'll have all the money I'll ever need for the rest of my life... Just because I so happen to have a plan that makes sense and worked for me?

So, you're going to risk your life on the assumption that nothing bad financially will ever happen to your family? That's not a working plan, that's gambling.

Alright, so my location and heritage makes me completely irrelevant, and only Americans matter in this subject?

That is because the American education system is different from ours.

Edited by Shuuda

I am in a family with a lot of money. Me father says that he'll pay for anything I want until he dies, and when he does I get basically everything, and half the profits from the business he owns, which me sis will be handling. I'll have all the money I'll ever need for the rest of my life.

So, you're going to risk your life on the assumption that nothing bad financially will ever happen to your family? Stupid and spoilt.

That is because the American education system is different from ours.

I'll give you the second one, but WHAT?

You're calling me stupid and spoiled for my personal decision? That's a blatant insult, from a MODERATOR. What the hell is that shit?