some details of my current playthrough

Well, Boss has 22 crit (24/2 + 5(halb) + 5(spear)), and Geoffrey has >16 luck (19 at base), so one option is just giving Geoffrey a short spear (4HKO) and stand adjacent to Kieran. I say it this way because if Geoffrey is adjacent to the boss and Goeffrey is adjacent to Kieran then the boss can attack Kieran and even with the bond Kieran only reaches 21 cev. I suppose Geoffrey might miss (especially with the luck you were having) but if he attacks on player phase, then counters on enemy phase, then Kieran moves up and Geoffrey attacks with the Brave Lance it would prevent crits. He does 24 damage with two hits from the short spear and you are unlikely to have Geoffrey and Kieran supporting so the steel greatlance leaves him 1 damage short of killing the boss if you want to avoid using the brave lance to KO the boss (leaving it equipped for 3-10). I suppose you could have another unit finish off the boss when it is at 1 hp and hope for the best (unless someone can get 100% hit. Maybe bronze since those have the best hit rates of available weapons that could actually damage the boss).

Alternatively, I suppose you could make an argument for keeping the ashera icon with the CRK and letting Kieran use it and then with his Geoffrey bond he's also immune to boss crits. Then you can have them stand adjacent in the boss' range and let one of them attack at 1 range so it can use stronger/more accurate weapons.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alternatively, I suppose you could make an argument for keeping the ashera icon with the CRK and letting Kieran use it and then with his Geoffrey bond he's also immune to boss crits. Then you can have them stand adjacent in the boss' range and let one of them attack at 1 range so it can use stronger/more accurate weapons.

There's a good chance smash didn't even get the Ashera Icon, remember Nephenee gets 2-3HKOd by houses!

Although even if he did get it, I'd take the chance and just cash it in for 4000.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Now now Cynthia, Nephenee is 3-4HKOed, don't misrepresent smash's argument.

Chapter 3-9 in Hard Mode is just trolling by Intelligent Systems. It's about like the first map in FEDS H5, where a 2% listed boss crit on Jagen randomly makes you re-do the whole map. There must be some dude working there who has an axe to grind.

Edited by Interceptor

There's a good chance smash didn't even get the Ashera Icon, remember Nephenee gets 2-3HKOd by houses!

Although even if he did get it, I'd take the chance and just cash it in for 4000.

Well, 1% crit on Kieran is better than the 3% crit Geoffrey faces without Kieran present. I suppose it's an improvement regardless. Kieran with Short Axe and Geoffrey with Brave Lance, I suppose. Well, with the boss having so little luck Geoffrey could crit the boss on your first set of attacks (Brave Lance 4HKOs and "doubles") and then Geoffrey has the brave lance in his inventory in 3-10 and is quite happy to waste it. You could just take that risk, or have Geoffrey with steel greatlance and Kieran with Short Axe. It at least significantly cuts down on the chance of one of your characters getting crit-killed. It's interesting how much safer a Marcia x Kieran A support in PoR transfer can make this part of the chapter, since it gives another +5 cev to play with. Geoffrey and Kieran can both be immune to crits without needing the Ashera Icon.

And yeah, I suppose I'd rather sell the thing in 3-2 to make more forges. I said an argument could be made, not that I'd want to actually do that last part.

Now now Cynthia, Nephenee is 3-4HKOed, don't misrepresent smash's argument.

Chapter 3-9 in Hard Mode is just trolling by Intelligent Systems. It's about like the first map in FEDS H5, where a 2% listed boss crit on Jagen randomly makes you re-do the whole map. There must be some dude working there who has an axe to grind.

Having to proc spirit dust while placing marcia next to said boss also seemed rather meanspirited to me.

I would have been alright with it if they had given us a flying thief w/ a high chance of proc, but with marcia it's just irritating.

As for axe grinding, I've long suspected that Gheb is an actual employee at IS seeking to empower plot irrelevant chapbosses.

It's interesting how much safer a Marcia x Kieran A support in PoR transfer can make this part of the chapter, since it gives another +5 cev to play with. Geoffrey and Kieran can both be immune to crits without needing the Ashera Icon.

Actually, in my attempt at a more superior transfer file I did get Marcia/kieran and geoffry/callil A supports. Yayyy.

3-10

After the failure that was 3-9, 3-10 was, of course, a breeze.

Tits McGee/GARcher/Boyd/Oscar meyer weiner went south while the rest of the team (which now included mordy/ranulf/ulki/janaff, since I had the room to field all of them) went north. Thankfully the NPCs weren't as retarded as usual and Asstrid didn't expose herself to enemies and get herself killed, since dead NPCs apparently reduce the amount of BEXP you get, though I couldn't save the bishops. Haar finally promoted.

Otherwise, pretty standard assraping, with Boyd/Neph getting kills. 6 turn clear, which is the fastest I've beaten this chapter. I think it was partly because I used a laguz gem on Reyson rather than grass all the way (saves a turn, plus his mobility on his 2nd turn when he gems is better than his mobility on the 3rd turn after grassing).

At 3-11 base, I crown'd Mia and Oscar at level 17, BEXP'd Titania to promotion. I didn't take PC stats, though I do remember that Neph has everything capped aside from mag/lck. Then again I did give her a drop and shield, and probably a robe because she has unusually high HP.

Stats after 3-10 (after crowning, BEXP, etc.)

19 IFFMF: +1 spd, +2 def

18 Boyd: N/A

20 GARcher: +1 str, +1 def

14/2 Gattacca: N/A

19 Neph: +2 str, +1 def

20/1 GAAR: -1 str, +1 spd

17/1 Oscar meyer weiner: -2 def

17/1 Mia: +2 str

20/1 Tits McGee: +2 spd

Also forgot to mention that Ulki got adept now, and after the CRK's joined up, Ranulf took the second adept. Mia/Neph don't need them since they're both str blessed.

3-11

Only 8 slots since 2 have to go to dumbshit manith and Sigrowths. I decide to go with Neph, Boyd, GARcher, Gattacca, GAAR, Oscar meyer weiner, Shut up Tibarn, and Ulki. Mia and Tits McGee are both decently RNG blessed so I let them sit out on a chapter of CEXP.

Threw paragons on Neph and Boyd so they will promote faster. Wanted Oscar meyer weiner to get some speed so he can double more easily in part 4.

Pretty standard stuff otherwise. Tanith/Sigrun go around to cover holes (luckily no one fell in one, I didn't bring any staff users along for restore. Then again I do have a general idea of where the holes are, but some of them are pretty random and I'm surprised I didn't get caught in them given my shitty luck), Haar/SUT/Ulki flew around to kill some enemies that would put down the shine barriers. I let janaff's bitch fly around for a little bit but realized that I didn't really need his help (Ike was blasting ahead at full speed basically every turn anyway), so I just put him on halt halfway through the chapter. 9 turn clear, which is around what I normally get, so it's fine.

I always rage when I get towards the end of the map, unfortunately. The 4 reinforcement enemies at the back are what the enemies SHOULD have been for the entire map (and every GM chapter for that matter), not joke loladins and lolsages with some normal enemies mixed in. MFing warriors who 4HKO even Haar (and 2HKO everyone with <20 def) and they have 24 AS so glhf doubling them, MFing SM with more avoid than 4-E-1 enemies and 26 AS so they WILL double your slower units, and MFing sniper with liek 40 att and 160 hit. They put the epic 3-6 HM tigers on a fucking leash and show them who's boss. If every enemy in the map got like them, it would put even 4-4 to shame.

Oh, forgot to mention, didn't get PC stats. I'll do it when I get to 3-E.

3-12

Did this map a little differently than normal. Before I had BROlan x furry supporting, while samus x Laura and Captain Abs either by himself or with Jill. BROlan/furry would go to the left with the cliffs, and furry would clean up with storm sword + doubling + crit + adept, and when he punched through BROlan would drop down with Tarvos and start loling @ everything and later furry would jump down too. Everyone else went right and Tauroneo/belly shirt would just chill and do nothing.

However, this time I went BROlan x samus, furry x Captain Abs. Captain Abs is worthless on the cliffs so furry couldn't go over, and neither BROlan or samus can double so it'll take forever for them to clear the cliffs. I decided to keep everyone except Tauroneo on the right (he held the cliffs with some NPCs). I also seal'd Jill valentine for the hell of it so she can do some hit and run shenanigans (not like BROlan/samus/furry/Captain Abs need healing). Highlights of the map...

- spd screed samus was getting doubled for double 2s or 3s.

- furry stole everyone else's str for himself

- BROlan is RNG screwed like a retard

- NPCs are retarded and push down the rocks... when no enemies are below.

I actually forgot how many turns it took me. I think it was like 6 or 7.

11/3 Miccy sue: who cares

5 belly shirt: who cares

14 tauroneo: N/A

7 Laura: who cares

18 Captain Abs: -1 str, +1 spd

19/9 samus: -2 str, -1 spd

20/10 BROlan: -5 HP, -1 str, -2 spd, -2 res

12 furry: +3 str, -1 spd, +1 def

3-13

Bought the physic. I wanted to dump some BEXP, but both samus and BROlan are RNG screwed in stats they're supposed to have capped already, so it'd be impossible to BEXP decently right now.

Anyway, fielded everyone. samus/BROlan took the middle, with samus being the one exposed to enemies (using beastfoe), and BROlan firing down the ledge with tomahawk or hand axe for great justice. tauroneo/furry/Captain Abs went to the right. Luckily the NPCs buy you enough time to get captain abs to transform without tauroneo/furry getting overwhelmed. renji/arrowlad blocked the right ledges, Laura also stayed nearby for healing, Jill Valentine doing hit and runs on the right side as well. belly shirt held the single hole in the ledge on the left, while Failona/cow took the ledges left of that.

I had to restart once because I didn't realize the untransformed hawk that starts in the bottom right corner will move on turn 2, and sometimes it'll be just out of range of the ballista but can reach one of your ledge blockers next turn. When the hawk moved in on turn 2, I just assumed the ballista would kill it without counting the range, but instead it didn't, and next turn it moved in to kill arrowlad on the ledge. On my next try I put Jill Valentine next to arrowlad so he couldn't get attacked and everything went smoothly from there. Like usual, I managed to route almost the entire map, other than the GMs ofc, and ran the fuck away when they started moving.

Also, holy fuck BROlan decided to suddenly get tons of godly level ups. I don't have the exact stats, but I'm pretty sure he caught up (other than HP which is still a bit behind). Samus, on the other hand, caught whatever disease BROlan had and refused to gain any speed.

Edited by Andrew W.K.

stats after 3-13

11/4 Miccy sue: who cares

5 belly shirt: who cares

19/14 Samus Aran: -2 HP, -3 spd

20/15 BROlan: -4 HP

19 Captain Abs: -1 str, +1 spd

14 furry: +1 HP, +2 str, -2 spd, -1 res (spd and res are mentioned since they're supposed to be capped)

3-E

Moved paragon to Mordy, kept it on Boyd. Moved nullify to GAAR so he could kill the sleep bishop without getting pwned by the bolting sage and wyrmslayer SM.

Gattacca and Tits McGee charge to the left where Skrimir and co are, while Ulki/shut up tibarn/Sigrowths charge to the right where Tibarn and co are. This is because they can get some kills instead of the NPCs (well, Sigrowths was just to kill sages), and it'll also prevent NPCs from dying. Basically I'm just milking out as much exp as possible from this map. I don't need everyone charging up the middle anyway.

The rest of the team charges forward. I had resolve on furry so he was actually dangerous; he 1RKO'd IFFMF on my first try. Second try, I used Mia wind edge which did <50% damage a hit so she doubled him (lol28spd, thanksrng), then used GARcher 3-range to finish him off. Boyd got slept by the sleep bishop instead of one of the random generic tigers (despite Boyd having more res than them, wtf), so Ranulf/IFFMF shoved him multiple times to wake him up faster, since I didn't want to make my paragon go to waste. GAAR + raisin chant managed to kill the sleep bishop and a bunch of other stuff.

Forgot how many turns this took me. Probably like 7 or something.

PC stats after 3-E

20/1 IFFMF: +2 spd, +1 def

20/1 GARcher: +1 str, +1 def

14/3 Gattacca: +1 str, +1 def

17/2 Oscar meyer weiner: -2 def

20/1 Boyd: +1 def

20/2 GAAR: N/A

17/1 Mia: +2 str

20/1 Neph: +1 str

20/1 Tits McGee: +2 spd

With this...

Miccy sue team: Ulki, shut up tibarn, GAAR, Mordy (Skrimir, Naesala forced)

IFFMF team: Mia, Oscar, Boyd, Shinon, furry, captain abs (Tits McGee, Nailah forced)

janaff's bitch team: Neph, Gattacca, BROlan, samus (janaff's bitch, elincia, ranulf forced)

4-P

Moved Skrimir's resolve to Mordy and removed paragon from him. Was thinking about BEXPing Ulki to 30 so he could get Tear + adept, but I decided against it.

Anyway, Mordy/GAAR/Skrimir go north, while Naesala/ulki/shut up tibarn/sigrowths/manith/snacky move right. sigrowths and manith stall for time while ulki/shut up tibarn grass up with the help of Leanne (who accelerates Mordy/Skrimir on turn 2). Mordy takes a double attack from a nearby halb on enemy phase to drop to resolve HP. I think I should've BEXP'd Mordy some so he could 2HKO, since I've been neglecting him and he only has 40 att. Regardless, him/GAAR/skrimir have no problems raping the hoards of loladins, and the bird laguz have no trouble raping the hoards of loladins. I decided to give a couple of kills to sigrowths (who had a horseslayer) so she could get to 20/1 for 4-3.

Ulki hit S-strike towards the end of the chapter, and aside from Volug he's the only one who has increased his strike rank so far.

I wasn't really paying attention so I killed off all the enemies on enemy phase without taking enemy stats or taking note how many turns it took. PRobably like 7 or something. Sothe didn't get any levels, so he promoted at level 5.

4-1

Moved paragon to Oscar meyer weiner. BEXP'd both him and Tits McGee 1 level so they got to 28 spd. After completing the level, I think I should've put paragon on Boyd, since Oscar meyer weiner/Tits McGee/Shinon can BEXP spd if needed.

Oscar meyer weiner/Boyd move left, Captain Abs/furry/Nailah move right, while IFFMF/Mia/Tits McGee/GARcher/ninja turtle move south. I fielded MIst and rhys thinking people needed healing, but no one did, so they just followed ninja turtle around to shove. Otherwise, pretty standard assraping. There's a lot more reinforcements than I remember. I think it's the game's way of telling you "lol, see all these reinforcements? 4-4 has 1246134623 more per turn".

Volug also SS-strike'd halfway through the map.

Again forgot the turn count >_>, it was probably like 7 as usual.

PC stats

20/2 IFFMF: +2 spd, +1 def

33 Nailah: lol

20/4 Tits McGee: +2 spd

20/4 GARcher: +2 str, -1 spd

17/7 Oscar meyer weiner: -1 str, +2 spd, +3 lck (lol), -2 def

20/3 Boyd: +1 str, +1 spd, +1 def

17/3 Mia: +1 str, +1 def

20 Captain Abs: +1 spd, -1 def

16 furry: +1 str, -1 res

4-2

Samus's epic spd screwage (17 spd at 19/14 wtfux) at this point is pretty much unsalvageable with BEXP, so instead I BEXP'd him twice to 19 spd and slapped resolve. If he had anymore some enemies wouldn't double him, and if he had less he wouldn't double some even with resolve. BROlan got enough BEXP to cap spd (needed 2 levels) and crown'd him. Also kept paragon on him. Gattacca also had only 26 spd, so I BEXP'd him until he got 28 spd. With his genetically engineered growths, it only took 2 level ups (he got str/spd/def on both level ups lolololololo). I removed celerity from him since I think ninja turtle will need it more, since 4-4 is gay.

Samus and BROlan move left, while Gattacca/Neph move south. Ranulf moves south to back them up, but instead of following them around the corner, he just sticks in the immediate south to deal with reinforcements. janaff's bitch/elincia move left, and raisin stones first turn and also moves left. lolcia just sticks at the starting point to deal with reinforcements.

It was actually rather annoying to get samus to resolve HP. With janaff's bitch authority stars enemies (not even BROlan support) it took half the chapter for enemies to get him to half HP. Otherwise, standard assraping.

ALso, Neph got a perfect level up, followed by a +6 level up.

Forgot to check the turn count. again. It was 8-9 turns.

PC stats

31 janaff's bitch: lol

6 Elincia: -1 str, +1 spd, -1 def

26 Ranulf: lol

15 lolcia: who cares

20/4 Nephenee: +2 str, +2 lck, +1 def

14/6 Gattacca: +2 str, +1 spd

20/17/9 BROlan: -6 HP, +1 str

19/18 Samus: -1 spd

After thinking back, I should've put paragon on Neph or Gattacca. since I didn't BEXP samus' spd up, he's a horrible 4-E candidate and therefore BROlan is a rather bad idea as well. Oh well.

It's worth noting that I still have a robe, a drop, two wings, and a shield, as well as one master crown, all 3 uses of hammerne left, with 20+ BEXP left.

Edited by Andrew W.K.

Smash, who are some of these people? Namely:

Furry

Gattacca

Belly Shirt

Janaff's Bitch (Assuming that you're not talking about Janaff)

IFFMF

Shut Up Tibarn

Like honestly, these really are dumb nicknames.

Edited by Admiral Lifey Crunch

I'll give some guesses

Furry - Probably Zihark

Gattacca - Gatrie?

Belly Shirt - Sothe

Janaff's Bitch (Assuming that you're not talking about Janaff) Lucia?

IFFMF

Shut Up Tibarn - Janaff

Furry

Gattacca

Belly Shirt

Janaff's Bitch (Assuming that you're not talking about Janaff)

IFFMF

Shut Up Tibarn

zihark

gatrie

sothe

tibarn

ike (I fight for my friends)

janaff

I just read this entire thread. My thoughs:

1) I like Aran. He's not MVP, but I always give him some good play time. I don't think anyone cares about him anymore.

2) This thread his hilarious. Interceptor and Narga, I mean, not the nicknames.