Is dew worth training

Sasori

Who said she'd be only using BEXP?

Exactly. Who said that? Sirius certainly did not. It is extremely easy to cap many stats in FE10 with minimal to no favortism. It actually matters there.

Anyways, if and when they get that low, lance users are dangerous because of the +20% hit on them for WTA, even with Neir Blood. This also goes for Dew!Lakche and Skasaha, except that Solar Sword can save them a few times with their skill. Lance users are pretty common so it isn't unlikely that this'll happen. For sword users it's the same but not as bad. For axe users they're a joke no matter who their father is.

Why are they facing so many units? They'll be, like, 10RKO'd with hit rates in the 10's with Lex and they'll get there faster. I don't see how Dew is possibly better. Also, with Ambush, there's a chance for a critical or Shooting Star Sword before the enemy even hits.

Yeah, I just compared having Lex as a father and Dew as a father for Lakche.

The difference is around 1-3 speed. As for the defence difference, Lex is leading with around 3-4.

Instead of arguing over Dew's minor speed lead, I think you guys should be more concerned with the fact that Lakche has a huge HP lead with Lex. Lakche has around 6-11 more HP with Lex as her father (depending on the level).

Edited by Eltoshen

• 2 weeks later...

Dew is an absolute waste of time. He doesn't even end up a decent fighter. Just a swordmaster without good skills (seriously, Solar Strike is only useful if the enemies don't suck. The enemies happen to suck here.) and mediocre strength (you can thank his base). He's not even the best father for people.

Eden wants nothing to do with Dew.

Ayra makes Lex her bitch, lovely hero sword made out of it along with the easiest pairing for part 1 combat boosts AND some of the most rediculous characters in the series (loltankiness, offense, sword rank, elite, ambush and shooting star).

Beowulf is sleezy for Lachesis, though Fin I think is the better option. Children would rather have pursuit than Solar Strike and Bargain. Not a bad alternative for Azel even, if you want to go magic swords route. Delmud then would have better countering range, which is great when you're mounted as well.

Fury absolutely does not want Dew at all. Levin if you want brave hax for Fee, or Claude if you want Fee to have stff hax while Sety remains the same anyways.

LolDewxTiltyu

Holyn can actually make Patty a semi-reliable thief/combat unit (she certainly loves having Odo blood for sword rank). Faval isn't exactly dependent on Bargain anyways. Bridget would murder Dew for that.

Dew's only use is stealing money from the bandits early on when he hides in a forest, of which you give to Eden so she rarely has to deal with money again. Drag Dew's ass to Blagi tower for the wind sword, give wind sword to Holyn (Not only are we giving range to a better combat unit and in extent a future thief for better thieving opportunity, but this is the second earliest time you can get a magic sword to someone like Azel!Delmud short of giving the Light Brand/Wind Sword to Sigurd). From there on, forget Dew even exists.

Edited by Kuja

Dew is an absolute waste of time. He doesn't even end up a decent fighter. Just a swordmaster without good skills (seriously, Solar Strike is only useful if the enemies don't suck. The enemies happen to suck here.) and mediocre strength (you can thank his base). He's not even the best father for people.

Eden wants nothing to do with Dew.

Ayra makes Lex her bitch, lovely hero sword made out of it along with the easiest pairing for part 1 combat boosts AND some of the most rediculous characters in the series (loltankiness, offense, sword rank, elite, ambush and shooting star).

Beowulf is sleezy for Lachesis, though Fin I think is the better option. Children would rather have pursuit than Solar Strike and Bargain. Not a bad alternative for Azel even, if you want to go magic swords route. Delmud then would have better countering range, which is great when you're mounted as well.

Fury absolutely does not want Dew at all. Levin if you want brave hax for Fee, or Claude if you want Fee to have stff hax while Sety remains the same anyways.

LolDewxTiltyu

Holyn can actually make Patty a semi-reliable thief/combat unit (she certainly loves having Odo blood for sword rank). Faval isn't exactly dependent on Bargain anyways. Bridget would murder Dew for that.

Dew's only use is stealing money from the bandits early on when he hides in a forest, of which you give to Eden so she rarely has to deal with money again. Drag Dew's ass to Blagi tower for the wind sword, give wind sword to Holyn (Not only are we giving range to a better combat unit and in extent a future thief for better thieving opportunity, but this is the second earliest time you can get a magic sword to someone like Azel!Delmud short of giving the Light Brand/Wind Sword to Sigurd). From there on, forget Dew even exists.

You forgot the bridge in chapter 4. He can open that so your guys don't have to go mountain climbing.

You forgot the bridge in chapter 4. He can open that so your guys don't have to go mountain climbing.

Dew is also very good for EXP rank and can actually finish the arena if promoted (unlike noish and alec), his stealing abilities becomes better when promoted too, allow him to steal easier allowing others to buy the elite ring, staves, and stat rings.

Though the only reason I even use him is because I'm lame enough to play for ALL ranks in this game. >.> I'm pretty sure hardly anyone besides me plays for Exp ranks in FE4. >.>

Yes, there is that thing called effiency which doesn't appear to have an exact definition so its hard to say what it means besides being abused a lot in tier list topics. I feel like just ignoring a rank in a game makes a rank run incomplete

Edited by Brighton

FE4's EXP rank is the only reason I don't want to try ranking it. FE5's ranking is just ridiculous.

At least Dew isn't the hardest to raise for the EXP rank in FE4.

Its not that hard actually, the main key is to just plan out who to give which rings and staves for exp rank. IMO the hardest character to raise for EXP rank is actually Arden since he has crappy five move and will screw over your turn count(tactic?)if I do train him. He tends to only make it to level 18 at most by endgame, and is too ugly to look at >.>, I actually find FE4 rank runs fun PE, but whatever, seeing AAAA at the end makes me feel special...in a nerdy way >.>

If it weren't for move utterly killing hte use of many characters, I'd say Dew would be harder to bring up than Arden, because at least Adren won't die any time soon...

I disagree, while both completely suck, Dew has 6 move (7 at promotion), good speed and bargain. This means he can actually keep up at crucial times when you want to rush to keep turn counts low. If given a magic sword he can now attack at range and double (with a pursuit ring) while hitting on resistence, he can afford rings and skill (like elite, and pursuit) rings which MAY allow him to be usable. If given the light sword in chapter 2 he can snipe at the knights in chapter 2 and get money for more rings. The problem with Arden is his move makes him basically impossible to keep up, true Arden can also use rings and magic swords to kill things, but his only source of income comes from the pursuit ring since he sucks in the arena as much as Dew, so he can't afford nice things. Also its a big waste since his move is wayyyy to low to reach enemies in time to finish a blow.

I happen to like ranks in this game for the challenge (and superficial reasons) and it doesn't require nearly as much RNG abuse as say FE5 >.>; usually just getting through the arena for characters that should be able to but might be missing at wrong times like say Holyn or Azel is all the abuse I've ever needed.

Edited by Brighton

I tried training Dew, but after seeing that he only did -1 damage and lacked Pursuit, I used him as a utility unit only.

At least he was a reliable source of income for Aideen.

Yes that will happen a lot. I recommend giving him the Light sword until he can get the Wind sword in chapter 3. He goes from dealing 1 damage to around 12ish on most enemies because he hits on resistence. Give him a pursuit ring to turn him into a decent mage that can steal money and make kills occasionally >.>, (if you ever want to promote him)

Edited by Brighton

Dew's a good choice for Ayra since both kids will have Sun Sword and their SKL makes that happen quite often. Unfortunately, Elite and Neir Blood is just better for them.

Mekkah already said sometime ago in another thread that Sun Hit is phail in this game because you actually don't critical unless with a 50 kills weapon or with Berserk skill.

Dew's a good choice for Ayra since both kids will have Sun Sword and their SKL makes that happen quite often. Unfortunately, Elite and Neir Blood is just better for them.

I disagree. Neir Blood is helpful but they could have more Avoid than Defense with Dew over Lex. They will have bad Speed with Lex which is what defines a Sword Master/Forrest. Their Defense is 22 so it'll never get too high. The 27 Speed cap is probably reached with Dew as only 10/20% less of a Defense growth. Basically Dew's growths fit their caps. It's like having the stats of a Knight on the Caps of a Sword Master which IS what it is. Elite is nice since they can promote earlier, but with Solar hit they'll be able to take more hits since it'll activate often with their high Skill.

"Growths fitting caps". Bullshit. It's what the stats do that matters. Their SPD as Lex's children are by no means bad since you know, THEY'RE DOUBLING 99% OF THE ENEMIES AS IT IS.

High DEF, Ambush + Astra means dead enemy before they can attack, also possible with Ambush, high ATK and Hero Sword.

Better DEF is better than a bit more avoid and so is a level lead.

That doesn't help with projectile enemies unless with a Magic Sword.

Growths fitting their caps is somewhat important. People say that about Meg all the time.

Ambush requires half HP and if they don't kill an enemy then their low HP and semi-low Speed will mean they'll take a hit and possibly die.

I don't think that ambush stops activating with their health below half.

If it weren't for move utterly killing hte use of many characters, I'd say Dew would be harder to bring up than Arden, because at least Adren won't die any time soon...

Arden does pretty good for the first two chapters. In chapter 2 thereon his bad movement makes him hard to keep up with everyone else.

Edited by Ayanami