Is dew worth training

Sasori

I recently started my second playtrough and i am thinking about using dew because i ignored him the last game.

But at this point in the game he sucks he dies in one or two hits and his attacks dont do much damage either .

If i would train him would he become a good unit or should i just not try to use him at all.

You'll have to baby him until class change, but afterwards...

He gets +4 STR/SKL/DEF, +5 SPD, +3 MAG/RES, Pursuit and A swords if you manage to promote him. His growths are also quite balanced (50 HP, 10 MAG/RES, 40 rest).

Edited by TheEnd

Needing to promote for Pursuit is just too much effort really, and by the time he can actually do that reasonably, it's Endgame or close and 95% of the rest of your army is killing machines anyway.

Long story short: Unless he's getting in a girl's pants, no.

If you are very serious about using Deu I'd advise you sell him the light sword ASAP after Ethlin gets it. Now he is kinda competant in terms of being able to deal some damages since he can now hit on resistence instead of doing 1 damage to everything and take a counter. This allows him to get a few kills and can attack enemies without a counter in chapter 2. Ethlin won't miss it THAT much temporarily since she is a pretty bad fighter anyways.

Then try to have him steal enough money/visit villages to buy the elite ring in chapter 3 and fight as much of the arena as he can (usually he can clear at least some of the arena) (I also advise the pursuit ring from arden since dew is so fast and uses swords he can double almost everything, its not like arden gets that much use of it anyways, Magic ring can give him an extra 10 more damage per round so consider it, unless levin/azel needs it). Have him hold the elite ring throughout chapter 3 and have him fight pirates which give him good exp and he can steal 5000 gold from each and his avoid makes him very hard to hit. Get him the wind sword so someone else can use the light sword in this chapter.

With the pursuit ring and elite ring, in chapter 4 he should be able to clear the arena and he should be able to get to around level 20 so he can promote and be a good fighter. He can now sell both rings so others can use them and he will have a bunch of $$$ to give to your poorer characters like Tailto.

Yes I know saying all that is favorism is an understatement, but the only reason to train Dew is probably for EXP rank in this game (at least he is good for this). If you aren't willing to favor him he isn't really worth training and he won't likely promote and be a good fighter.

Edited by Brighton

It's a lot effort to raise him when you pretty much have present units that are already doing what he could do before he promotes. But it's all in preference really, he does actually become quite decent when his 40% growth in STR, SKL, SPD, and DEF. But honestly, you should only raise him if you really have the patience to do.

If you are very serious about using Deu I'd advise you sell him the light sword ASAP after Ethlin gets it. Now he is kinda competant in terms of being able to deal some damages since he can now hit on resistence instead of doing 1 damage to everything and take a counter. This allows him to get a few kills and can attack enemies without a counter in chapter 2. Ethlin won't miss it THAT much temporarily since she is a pretty bad fighter anyways.

Then try to have him steal enough money/visit villages to buy the elite ring in chapter 3 and fight as much of the arena as he can (usually he can clear at least some of the arena) (I also advise the pursuit ring from arden since dew is so fast and uses swords he can double almost everything, its not like arden gets that much use of it anyways, Magic ring can give him an extra 10 more damage per round so consider it, unless levin/azel needs it). Have him hold the elite ring throughout chapter 3 and have him fight pirates which give him good exp and he can steal 5000 gold from each and his avoid makes him very hard to hit. Get him the wind sword so someone else can use the light sword in this chapter.

With the pursuit ring and elite ring, in chapter 4 he should be able to clear the arena and he should be able to get to around level 20 so he can promote and be a good fighter. He can now sell both rings so others can use them and he will have a bunch of $$$ to give to your poorer characters like Tailto.

Yes I know saying all that is favorism is an understatement, but the only reason to train Dew is probably for EXP rank in this game (at least he is good for this). If you aren't willing to favor him he isn't really worth training and he won't likely promote and be a good fighter.

Or you could abuse.

Dew is worth using. Training is a no though. His biggest weakness is C swords/lol 3 strength/lack of pursuit. This prevents him from even gaining the levels he needs to promote due to enemies have much higher hp than in other games.

But despite this he is still very useful because the healers need money in this game and he steals money. No deployment slots to compete over helps his case as well.

I say he's worth it. If you have him guard Evans Castle the Brigand group following him and Aideen will be easy EXP with the gate's +30 Avoid. That is assuming you use favortism. If you have him stay behind and hide on the beach, protecting Aideen, then that should give him some EXP.

If you aren't an abuser, than he'll be a lot of trouble to use. I say it's worthwhile though.

Ok thanks evryone his best pairing is ira right?

Think more about the best pairings for the females, not the males. I never really thought that Dew was the best pairing for any females, though I guess Briggid is debatable.

Well, Deu gives Faval Bargain, but that's it. The guy already has another bow to fix his money issues.

Holyn not only makes Patty better, but also make Faval be more awesome.

Dew's a good choice for Ayra since both kids will have Sun Sword and their SKL makes that happen quite often. Unfortunately, Elite and Neir Blood is just better for them.

I disagree. Neir Blood is helpful but they could have more Avoid than Defense with Dew over Lex. They will have bad Speed with Lex which is what defines a Sword Master/Forrest. Their Defense is 22 so it'll never get too high. The 27 Speed cap is probably reached with Dew as only 10/20% less of a Defense growth. Basically Dew's growths fit their caps. It's like having the stats of a Knight on the Caps of a Sword Master which IS what it is. Elite is nice since they can promote earlier, but with Solar hit they'll be able to take more hits since it'll activate often with their high Skill.

I disagree. Neir Blood is helpful but they could have more Avoid than Defense with Dew over Lex.

Which is much less reliable, and they already have an overkill amount of avoid.

They will have bad Speed with Lex which is what defines a Sword Master/Forrest.

They start with 14~. That's enough to double for the first 4 chapters.

Their Defense is 22 so it'll never get too high.

22 ensures they'll take minimal damage from any non-holy weapon physical unit.

The 27 Speed cap is probably reached with Dew as only 10/20% less of a Defense growth.

Who cares? It's an overkill amount of speed versus more defense.

Basically Dew's growths fit their caps.

Which don't matter at all because they probably won't reach level 30 until Chapter 10.

It's like having the stats of a Knight on the Caps of a Sword Master which IS what it is.

Read above. Also, you don't know what you're talking about. They already have a huge amount of base speed, so the extra speed growth is superfluous.

Elite is nice since they can promote earlier, but with Solar hit they'll be able to take more hits since it'll activate often with their high Skill.

And the extra defense from Lex cancels that out. So, yeah, Lex > Dew as Ayra's husband.

Dew's a good choice for Ayra since both kids will have Sun Sword and their SKL makes that happen quite often. Unfortunately, Elite and Neir Blood is just better for them.

I disagree. Neir Blood is helpful but they could have more Avoid than Defense with Dew over Lex. They will have bad Speed with Lex which is what defines a Sword Master/Forrest. Their Defense is 22 so it'll never get too high. The 27 Speed cap is probably reached with Dew as only 10/20% less of a Defense growth. Basically Dew's growths fit their caps. It's like having the stats of a Knight on the Caps of a Sword Master which IS what it is. Elite is nice since they can promote earlier, but with Solar hit they'll be able to take more hits since it'll activate often with their high Skill.

"Growths fitting caps". Bullshit. It's what the stats do that matters. Their SPD as Lex's children are by no means bad since you know, THEY'RE DOUBLING 99% OF THE ENEMIES AS IT IS.

High DEF, Ambush + Astra means dead enemy before they can attack, also possible with Ambush, high ATK and Hero Sword.

Better DEF is better than a bit more avoid and so is a level lead.

Edited by ?!

Growths fitting their caps is somewhat important. People say that about Meg all the time.

Ambush requires half HP and if they don't kill an enemy then their low HP and semi-low Speed will mean they'll take a hit and possibly die.

Growths fitting their caps is somewhat important. People say that about Meg all the time.

Ambush requires half HP and if they don't kill an enemy then their low HP and semi-low Speed will mean they'll take a hit and possibly die.

Probably cause of the way BEXP works in FE10 but that's not the case here.

Ambush happens IF they happen to get there. Which is quite unlikely enough as it is. FE4 enemies are weak.

Who said she'd be only using BEXP?

Anyways, if and when they get that low, lance users are dangerous because of the +20% hit on them for WTA, even with Neir Blood. This also goes for Dew!Lakche and Skasaha, except that Solar Sword can save them a few times with their skill. Lance users are pretty common so it isn't unlikely that this'll happen. For sword users it's the same but not as bad. For axe users they're a joke no matter who their father is.