Official Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Thread!

Roxas

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the base stats of the pokemon change?

As far as I know, no. Only the level up moves and additions of natures were added to the johto pokemon.

You can get the Kanto starters now. YESZ

Team Rocket Battle theme is so cool that the Rocket hideouts probably won't be that annoying. Gym Leaders give new TMs (Falkner gives Roost). Having two buttons for registered items means no more rod/bike annoyances.

Also, since we're talking about Gold/Silver remakes, many people would wanna know more about the famous Miltank. Some of my buddies told me that it looks like it no longer has Rollout and Milk Drink!!!

Red's Pokemon have higher levels so the Snorlax is even more annoying than usual. Also, his Espeon is now replaced by a Lapras.

Also, it looks like it's possible to fight Giovanni now from a special event

But imo none of these were even close to being as awesome as this:

2po6wbo.jpg

My two favorite human characters in Pokemon history. THIS IS SO EPIC!!!!!!!! This is the greatest thing that any Pokemon game has ever done imo!!!!!!!!!!!!

2po6wbo.jpg

My two favorite human characters in Pokemon history. THIS IS SO EPIC!!!!!!!! This is the greatest thing that any Pokemon game has ever done imo!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know something better than that.

New Edit: Steven Stone appears in Vermillion City.

New Edits: Steven Stone + Gym Leader Rematch function.

Edited by Roxas

2po6wbo.jpg

Where he tells you about Lati@s? Oh, I forgot about that. But I personally didn't find it that interesting compared to

Lance/Clair dual battle

. But that's just me, I guess.

Also, I just remembered that Larvitar now replaces Dunsparce so you can now get one as early as Dark Cave. In other words, Larvitar is no longer useless.

Where he tells you about Lati@s? Oh, I forgot about that. But I personally didn't find it that interesting compared to

Lance/Clair dual battle

Well I just love the fact that all these people from the past games/regions are all coming in for a happy reunion! :awesome:

Does this really need to be an info thread? A link to serebii.net would suffice; they have full coverage on this thing.

People can also try out pokemon.marriland.com to get a great pokedex (I think Serebii's is a little less user-friendly).

EDIT:Wow, never mind. I just checked the site, and it hasn't been updated in months. Check it periodically, they'll come through (I hope).

Also, hell yes about the new location of Larvitar.

Edited by Old Snake

But imo none of these were even close to being as awesome as this:

2po6wbo.jpg

Is it just me, or does...he does! Imagine him singing this with heavy metal playing.

Since the dawn of time,

One genre has ruled with an iron fist.

I speak of course of heavy metal.

Heavy metal!

You can't kill the metal.

No, The Metal will live on.

Punk rock tried to kill The Metal.

They failed, as they were smited to the ground!

New Wave tried to kill The Metal

They failed,as they were stricken down to the ground!

Grunge tried to kill The Metal! (Hahahahaha!)

THEY FAILED! As they were thrown to the ground!

*Both let out heavy metal howls, awesomeness ensues as another is released*

Deedileedleedilideli!

*music calms to slightly medieval style*

No one can destroy The Metal.

The Metal will strike you down with a vicious blow...

We are the vanquished foes of The Metal

-rest of the song

God, that is so goddamn cool, love the designs.

I ordered Soul Silver a couple of weeks back from Japan, and it shipped yesterday. I'm now left to just anxiously wait... I did pretty much the same with Diamond before, so I don't mind that it's in Japanese...

I've been trying to avoid spoilers; I wonder how long that will last... Oh well. Knowing how well it did from Famitsu is enough to ensure that it should be awesome, anyway.

I tried to until i went to serebii to see the pokedex and look for interesting pokemon to catch in pt

Relevant: Was Silver ever in the Pokemon anime? And what was his name? I'm asking because Silver is epic and I want to see how he looked in the anime.

i know for sure, he was in the manga, but I don't remember him being in the anime. But I do know that a reference to him could be the Johto championships being the Silver cup. :)

2po6wbo.jpg

Lance/Clair dual battle

Also, I just remembered that Larvitar now replaces Dunsparce so you can now get one as early as Dark Cave. In other words, Larvitar is no longer useless.

Where did you find this out?I looked on serebii,but i didn't see that anywhere.

2po6wbo.jpg

Lance/Clair dual battle

Some buddies of mine were playing the Japanese rom.

Also, apparently your rival is Giovanni's son.

That was more or less implied in the original second gen games.

Additionally, I hate the redone music. The GB player cannot come soon enough.

2po6wbo.jpg

Lance/Clair dual battle

Some buddies of mine were playing the Japanese rom.

So does that mean you can get him before you fight Falkner?If so,hax.

Relevant: Was Silver ever in the Pokemon anime? And what was his name? I'm asking because Silver is epic and I want to see how he looked in the anime.

Silver_in_the_Anime.png

No speaking role or anything though. Just a cameo.

He doesn't strike that BADASS SILVER LOOK he emulates in the games.. :/

New Edit: Bug Catching Contest confirmed + Hoenn and Sinnoh bugs.

Edited by Roxas