Official Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Thread!

Roxas

Come on, Feraligatr can use Dragon Dance and Water Jet. Is there any doubt of who's the best starter?

That's if we consider competitive play, which we're not. Besides, Swords Dance would pair better with Aqua Jet. Easily concede that Feraligatr is best competitive-wise to Typhlosion and Meganium.

Edited by Colonel M

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In-game I'd pretty much exclude breeding altogether because it takes way too long.

If you're playing SS, I'd say Ninetales is superior to Typhlosion... its movepool is shallower, but Vulpix gets Flamethrower very early and it also gets Will-o-Wisp. Ninetales gets Nasty Plot from the move relearner as well. It sucks major balls that it can't learn Energy Ball by TM... alternative special moves are pretty much limited to Extrasensory (Vulpix learns it way too late), Dark Pulse (rather dumb, why not try Houndoom), and Hidden Power (lol).

In-game I'd pretty much exclude breeding altogether because it takes way too long.

If you're playing SS, I'd say Ninetales is superior to Typhlosion... its movepool is shallower, but Vulpix gets Flamethrower very early and it also gets Will-o-Wisp. Ninetales gets Nasty Plot from the move relearner as well. It sucks major balls that it can't learn Energy Ball by TM... alternative special moves are pretty much limited to Extrasensory (Vulpix learns it way too late), Dark Pulse (rather dumb, why not try Houndoom), and Hidden Power (lol).

Only major flaw is that Fire Stone. How early can we get these (without resorting to trading)?

Come on, Feraligatr can use Dragon Dance and Water Jet. Is there any doubt of who's the best starter?

Feraligatr is too slow to get Dragon Dance off in any useful capacity in the first place in competitive play, and it's overkill in-game.

Just to clear things up:

- All my/Altmer's Pokemon tier lists are more recommendation based than anything. Pokemon in High are highly recommended, Pokemon in Mid can be workable but often have resource issues, require sidequests, etc. Pokemon in Low are generally not salvagable.

- There's no order within tiers other than Pokedex order. Whoever thinks otherwise is silly and hit the post button without thinking...

- Resource use, pos/neg utility, real time issues (like sidequests, hatching an egg) are taken into account. HM utility isn't, but obviously being able to use Surf is a plus since it's such a great move in battle.

...How the fuck do I evolve by the FUCKING BELL TOWER? Are you soloing with that Pokemon? Anyway, teh Pidgeotto just uses Roost after you hit it with a good move. Then when you don't attack, it whittles you down on its own. Owned.

...How the fuck do I evolve by the FUCKING BELL TOWER? Are you soloing with that Pokemon? Anyway, teh Pidgeotto just uses Roost after you hit it with a good move. Then when you don't attack, it whittles you down on its own. Owned.

yes I solo with that pokémon, you got a problem with that? and I have already beaten that gym leader, maybe it's just me being too good for beating a pokémon at level 13

edit: I admit I've been a bit rush in this post but it seems I will not have the opportunity to edit my message properly due to the fucking editor

Edited by SAMUS TUTA ZERO D'ACCIAIO

Dunsparce got replaced by Larvitar...

I never saw anything nice in Dunsparce. And Tyranitar = w1n

...Did I just fucking write "Genera!?!"

I meant Gengar. Srsly.

Someone's been playing too much FE.

Edited by Joshybear25

I dunno what game you're playing, but even solo'ing won't get a starter to evolution. Well...perhaps Cyndaquil, but maybe not Chikorita, and definitely not Totodile. This is due to the level they need to be. Cyn needs to be 14, Chik 16 and Toto 18. I'd find 14 sketchy as is, and I DO tend to solo that part of the game as well, along with fighting in the bellsproute tower beforehand.

As for Falkner, I'm just they got rid of mud-slap for this. A recover move I can deal with, but one mud slap practically ensures I lose the match, as I have the WORST luck with accuracy. Yes, my luck is that bad x.x

If you're using more than 1 Pokemon (which most people will), the starter will not have evolved by Falkner.

Totodile has an incredibly hard time in Sprout Tower.

In other news, my game freezes every time I try to exit Goldenrod.

Edited by dondon151

Out of curiosity, why is Spearow and entire tier above Pidgey?

The order currently is based on pokedex rather than actual tier standing.

However, why wouldn't he? Pidgey's only better later when it's a Pidgeot with superior durability, but Spearow/Fearow is faster and stronger immediately.