Official Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Thread!

Roxas

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lightbrand said that his friends found one on their emulator.On serebii it says that he can only be found on Mt.Silver.It is possible that they missed Larvitar,since the emu hasn't been out very long.If anyone could confirm that larvitar can be found in dark cave,it would be nice.

Well, all I heard is that he replaces Dunsparce and can be found in Dark Cave only when it swarms. I think it means that you have to hear about it in TV or something. I'm not sure about the details myself. I'll probably ask him when I get the chance to.

Also, it's entirely possible that my friend was joking. I have no idea why he'd joke about that though. I think he was serious but well, I find serebii.net more trustworthy.

Mmm... now I'm nervous about using Nidoking because late evolution could be a bit disastrous.

I at least caught a Heracross today. Wasn't too hard and, btw, they don't run away like someone else stated. Also liking the infinite-TM (Headbutt).

EDIT: Forgot, it's also a female. Watch out Miltank! You're not attracting ME!

Edited by Colonel M

Nidoking potentially has a late evolution, but as long as you let your mom hold on to a decent amount of money, she'll buy you all sorts of things, a moonstone included. Just talk to the man in red at a Pokemart. Alternatively, you can also buy them by using the Pokethelon.

Another thing to note: If you trade that Drowzee for the Machop in Goldenrod, it gets 1.7x experience. Something to consider for the tier list. This also applies to the Onix in Violet City, and the Voltorb in Olivine City. The rest of the trades are too late to really consider seriously.

Edited by IOS

Finally finished the E4 with the previously listed team...

Feraligatr basically singlehandedly swept Lance after the rest of my team got KO'd by Dragon Rushes... I bought a ton of Hyper Potions beforehand and just kept healing him until Dragon Rush missed, then Agility'd up and KO'd 5 of Lance's Pokemon with Ice Fang and Waterfall.

I was seriously considering doing the female Dragonair trade for a Dodrio (because it's better than Fearow), but I think it requires a lot of EXP to actually evolve a caught Dratini into Dragonair... Also, when doing in-game trades, does the received Pokemon have the same IVs/nature as the traded Pokemon?

Edited by dondon151

relevant:

Can somebody explain to me how Machamp's No Guard ability doesn't break the game? I mean 100% Accuracy Dynamicpunch? That's ridiclious.

I mean yeah he's a sitting duck against Horn Drills and whatnot, but are those moves now viable just for the sole purpose of being anti-Machamp?

Are we talking about ingame or competitive? Ingame, No Guard is very useful, although remember that Dynamic Punch only has 5 PP. Competitive wise, its speed holds it back quite a bit, as it can easily be killed by revenge sweepers. He's still in overused tier wise though.

Machamp is pretty good when used correctly. Main strategy that you want to do is make Machamp force switches, or as I call it sometimes, a painful decision. See, even a Pokemon such as Zapdos hates taking Dynamicpunch due to the confusion rate. Since Machamp's only relevant "counters" include Rotom-A and Slowbro, the latter being rarely seen in OU. That's just "counters" though, which is a loose term anyway since counters are only 100% relevant on a stall-team.

And of course, Machamp learns Payback and Stone Edge for Ghost/Psychics and Flying types that get in its way. And Bullet Punch for those pesky Focus Sash leads. The best part is that DP, PB and SE are all TMs, so they can all be learned pretty early. Bullet Punch needs to be bred though.

Edited by Black Ice