Official Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Thread!

Roxas

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my Cyndaquil was level 13 when I fought Falkner. I have only fought maybe 1-2 random pokemon. Explain to me how it isn't possible to have a level 14 Quilava by the time you fight Falkner.

Edited by Eltoshen

The order currently is based on pokedex rather than actual tier standing.

Not only are they in different tiers, but Pidgey comes before Spearow in the pokedex anyways. Anyways, is there really a tier difference between the two?

Edited by IOS

However, why wouldn't he? Pidgey's only better later when it's a Pidgeot with superior durability, but Spearow/Fearow is faster and stronger immediately.

Not only are they in different tiers, but Pidgey comes before Spearow in the pokedex anyways. Anyways, is there really a tier difference between the two?

Johto pokedex is weird.

...but yes, they are.

I must go to bed after this... but I think Arcanine might be a decent Fire-type to consider. Magmar's issue is his lack of a movepool (no Thunderbolt, just Psychic and Focus Blast). His Atk is okay and Spd is decent. Reason for Arcanine? Unfortunately it pends how early we can possibly get the Fire stone and a few other things, but his movepool isn't that bad beforehand (Crunch, Flare Blitz) and of course evolution makes him learn myriad attacks (Thunderfang, Extremespeed, Dragon Pulse, etc).

IMO against a large majority of enemies, offense is vastly more important than defense. Against gym leaders and elite 4, durability is a bit more important because it's rather hard to OHKO even with type advantage unless you have stat-ups under your belt.

As for TMs, I'm right before Jasmine and so far the potentially more useful ones that I've gotten are Dig, Shadow Ball, Rock Tomb, Roost, Drain Punch, Shadow Claw, Payback, and U-Turn.

Oh shit, I just thought of something made of complete suck. If my Togepi hatches and has goddamn Hustle.

But if he does get Serene Grace, that Extrasensory will be hax as shit.

Edited by Fia 

It really depends with offense and defense. If you're a great staller (Emerald Aron, Mudslap and Headbutt work wonders, Growl actually helps to have, since if you are hard to kill and you use growl, you're only using it knowing the Aron is going to die. This way you can stall out, weaken their attack, and your next healthy pokemon has that much easier a time doing so. Tail Whip is even better.

Yes, Growl and Tail Whip are incredibly helpful in game. In Emerald, I'm near the psychic gym and I'm STILL using it.

It's great to have offense, but it only helps if you're using the right offense on the right element. Otherwise, just throw out a staller and nerf the fuck out of them. Someone durable against your team's weakness will save your life.

Also, that royally sucks, dondon.

Edited by Kuja

My Togepi is Impish with Hustle =/

I lol'd.

Haven't fixed my emulator problems... gah. I've redownloaded the emu and the rom, and even re-patched it, and I still won't let me leave Mr. Pokemon's house. D:

Yes, Growl and Tail Whip are incredibly helpful in game. In Emerald, I'm near the psychic gym and I'm STILL using it.

It's great to have offense, but it only helps if you're using the right offense on the right element. Otherwise, just throw out a staller and nerf the fuck out of them. Someone durable against your team's weakness will save your life.

If you can't instantly smite opponents, then statup moves are helpful, yes. I liked to shuffle between Intimidate Pokemon in Platinum when I couldn't defeat an opponent (the game throws a lot at you really early).

Also, that royally sucks, dondon.

I'm kind of a fan of gimmick physical Togekiss, but I would have wished for at least a nature that wasn't -SpA...

MixKiss wasn't much of a gimmick. Quite the opposite really.

I'm still wondering how I'm going to build a minor in-game team. I started with badass Totodile though so... and I got a decent nature: Lonely.

This is just for my purposes but feel free to look at it.

TM 51 - Falkner

TM 09 - Route 32

TM 70 - Sprout Tower

HM 06 - Route 34

Edited by Colonel M

What. If Togepi gets Serene Grace, give it Air Slash or Body Slam. Or both. Who doesn't love paraflinch hax D:

My team is currently Typhlosion, Fearow, Machoke, and Red Gyarados. Machoke was mainly for Whitney only, but he proved to be pretty strong and had a Naughty nature so I decided to keep him. I'm currently at Rock Tunnel now, but I'll probably go through that some other time. I'm too lazy to be bothered to go cave spelunkin' =/

I hate how Machoke doesn't learn anything else aside from support moves and Fighting-type moves until like Lv. 45 though >.>

Oh yeah, and my Typhlosion has a Naive nature and Hidden Power Grass. I'm definitely keeping this guy. I'm not sure how powerful it is though, but it's definitely at least 60 :D

Hey so none of you fuckers answered my question from before.

Is it possible to get any evolutionary stones--besides the Sun Stone--before Cerulean City?

Hey so none of you fuckers answered my question from before.

Is it possible to get any evolutionary stones--besides the Sun Stone--before Cerulean City?

Dunno. I've wondered the exact same thing because it would help a lot of Pokemon. Maybe not so much Arcanine (he's got a good movepool for a while so he can last though his stats will bite in his ass by the Elite 4).

Whose really in charge of the HG/SS tier list though? Mekkah is in charge on the G/S one, but not necessarily the current one. Should we make a new topic for tier discussion?

And should we take trades into account (Example: allowing Haunter to evolve into Gengar, etc)

I don't mind doing it, but definitely not taking trades into account. They never were in the first place, and I don't see much of a difference now. Remember this is the "in-game" tier list, not "in and out-game".

Also I'd just throw it onto a seperate topic.

Edited by Colonel M

Alright, fair enough

As for the evolution stones, you can get them as prizes at the Pokethelon. You also get stones for winning the bug contest. What stone you get depends on the day. Both options available pre-E4.

Oh, and some trainers will randomly call you and tell you to pick up a stone that they have. Completely random though :(

Edited by IOS

Alright, fair enough

As for the evolution stones, you can get them as prizes at the Pokethelon, which is available before the E4. You also get stones for winning the bug contest.

All of them or certain specifics?