Efficiency! Abuse!

Pride

39 members have voted

1. 1. You play?

• Efficiently!
    • Abusively!

interesting question. i used to be def. in the middle, leaning towards abuse. but having played a lot of FE "mastered" the game mechanics, the more i've been looking for diff. challenges. for FE9 and FE10 next PT i'm going to use the BEXP limits on # turns to make things more interesting. haven't looked at them that closely, so i'm not sure if that's going to be hard or not, though. also am going to start keeping track of how much gold i have and total # of turns at the end for the games that don't have a built-in ranking system.

I flip flop between abuse and efficiency. Depends on the game, characters, map, and the whole nine yards. In fe9-10 I always go for maximum bexp so I am always efficient in those games.

Edit: Aside from a few maps in por. Like the prison and the desert maps. Then I'll just bumrush the map. Although everyonce in a while I do go for the bexp rewards on the maps if I am using a lot of late game units.

I voted abuse because I will take my time if there is no bexp to farm, chests to open, or villages to save.

Edited by Lancelot

Depends on the game. If it's FE3 or FE5, I'll probably try to get the chapters done as fast as possible. Mainly because you have the tools to kill all enemies from the start, you just have to use them. That and stat caps at 20 mean level ups don't matter as much to me.

If it's FE4, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10, I'll do as Raymond does. I'll make sure all items are gotten, as much normal battle experience is attained without arena or boss abusing, and maybe heal a few of my units for free experience at the end of the map. In fact, the ends of maps are usually where a lot of any abuse I give is, such as feeding kills, getting as much healing done as possible, and grabbing some support juice if applicable.

Abuse.

Abuse abuse abuse! I think the first time I played FE was the only time I didn't abuse! That and FE9, but even then, I BA'd every playthrough after my first! It's so easy and useful, I'm puzzled by people who don't do it!

/endraving

Mostly abuse. Depends on the game, but I lean towards abuse over efficiency.

May be just me, but abusing arguably makes clearing maps quicker and easier, no?

Probably easier. Once you've figured out how to keep a unit alive while gumming at a boss while it self heals you basically just have to repeat the same command over and over and it's fine, then you have a unit that can't be killed and destroys everything around it. Can't see how it's quicker, not in real time or in turn counts.

Kinda depends on the level itself and which FE we're talking about.

In FE 7 I only abuse in some levels and only two arenas. Other than that in the middle most of the time.

FE 8 I usually play in the middle then abusively once Valni tower comes along...

FE 9 I boss abuse and favor some characters such as Mist, Marcia, Mia... The list goes on. Although after a while I do tend to try and complete chapters as quickly as possible.

FE 10... It has save states and I'm a perfectionist... You do the math.

Oh right FEDS. I abuse the arena when I see them. When they're aren't around I try and complete the levels as fast as I can while keeping everyone I'm using in a decent level.

Edited by Ein Silver Rose