Ho.......ly.... crap....

Freohr Datia

Today, my family had a close call.

My dad has a girlfriend and he is planning on moving us in with her family in a new home. His girlfriend was trying to sell her house and somebody was possibly gonna buy it today. If she didn't buy the house, then my dad's gf said she'd help him pay his mortgage, which he hasn't payed in, like, 4 months or more... It was real bad.

The person didn't buy the house so my dad had to get his gf's money outta the bank, but first he asked whoever he had to pay at around 12 noon if they'd take the money. They said that they were actually going to take the house away from us today at 3 p.m. if he didn't pay them till then. So he had to rush and get the money and made the payment 5 minutes till 3. It was that close.

My dad never got their message to him about that, so that's left him, my brother, and me in quite a state of shock. I'm still pretty shaken from the situation that took place earlier today. We had no idea that we were about to lose our house. I just completely took this house for granted

I'm glad our dad was able to save us today.

There's always a lesson to be learnt. Hopefully, after that incident, you became more appreciative of not only your house, but also for everything else that you have that you used to take for granted. In the future, this incident should be looked back at as a Blessing.

And where, exactly, is it crappy? Admittedly, it isn't as great as the Horowitz books/Shakespeare, but where, exactly, does it "suck"?

Not that I hate Eragon, but Paulini read a lot of Tolkien. And I mean a lot. And it influenced him. A lot. Now I love Tolkien, but if I wanted Tolkien I could just read Lord of the Rings or something, not the Watered Down Edition.

Basically, it's like Lord of the Rings and ilk, with most of the good stuff removed or not entirely present/the same.

Edited by Fia