FE4 Are my pairings OK

Iced

well ive finally gotten around to trying to finish Fe4 after doing the first chapter and than going back to POR. i just wanted to know if my intended pairings will get me decent childern( may not be the best childern but i dont want the game to be to easy) feedback appreciated

FE4 Pairings

-Aideen - Midir

-Aira - Lex

-Lachesis - Beowulf

-Sylvia - Claude

-Fury - Levin(Power Ring)

-Brigid - Holyn

-Tiltyu - Azel

Thanks, and the power ring was just there to remind me to give it to fury to pass down (I copied and pasted from the text document i did it in) i was ment to get rid of it before posting sorry about the confusion.

why would Sylvia be better unpaired are the subs that good or something?

Yes because Laylea(dancer) gets Charisma (10% support bonus to avoid and hit) and I belive it stacks also with Nanna's Charimsa (I think) and Sharlow (Priest) gets Elite which Corple dosen't have making Sharlow easier to level, and also Sharlow can get a berserk staff, Corple cannot.

why would Sylvia be better unpaired are the subs that good or something?

Actually, it's because her children are the weakest.

Leen is a dancer, so she'll fail in combat unless you give her extreme favoritism (yeah, I'm sure as hell going to dump rings and a hero sword on her so she can fight somehow).

Corple is the last character to join - a level 1 priest at chapter 9 - and you basically don't need him at all.

Meanwhile, the subs are just as Cyas said. Laylea can't fight either, but she has Charisma (and Charisma bonuses stack) and can get a Barrier Sword in chapter 7; Sharlow's only relevant growth is magic, but he has Elite and can get a Berserk Staff.

so I should just forget about Claude and let Sylvia go on her own for elite and the berserk staff but woudent Claude's grothes make corple (and Leen somewhat) better than there replacements (I wouldn't be using Corple much if he does come so late anyway0

Thanks for the help though

Edited by I Like My Cake Iced

Well yes Corple will be better than Sharlow stat wise and him being able to use the Valkyrie staff is good, but the problem with Corple is you have to buy him expensive staffs or him to be able to level fast enough compared to Sharlow.

Leen the only thing she has over Laylea in growth with Claude as father is better hp growth, luck and gets prayer skill, prayer is good so she has a better chance of not dying, but you give up Charisma which is better than prayer in my opinion.

The kids are better than the subs in terms of overall stats. But when you're considering a dancer and a priest, it's pretty obvious that skills like Charisma and Elite are far more important than stats. And there's also that Berserk Staff.

Subs vs canon is basically an extra charisma bot (which is only so useful because of crap movement unless you plan pass a leg ring to her somehow) and the berserk staff (which is funny) vs the valkyrie staff being passed for you to fuck with.

All textbook pairings.

Edited by Rehab

^^ what Rehab said

but yea. You should be fine. These are pretty much the 'predestined parings' after all.

Holyn+Bridget is predestined? I never knew that.

Same growth rate as Azel and Jamka, even though they don't get a lover convo? Hmm.

But regardless, it's still a bread-and-butter pairing.

^^ what Rehab said

but yea. You should be fine. These are pretty much the 'predestined parings' after all.

Holyn+Bridget is predestined? I never knew that.

"pretty much" :P

But Holyn!Faval makes MANLY FAVAL. >:(

I favor NoishXAyra because of Charge, Critical, Pursuit, Nihil and Meteor (and Continue for Lakche later on). They've been too good for me. I also sometimes pass down the Elite Ring to Lakche for her to get the best of both Lex and Noish Daddies =D (hey Skasaha, guess which gen 1 girl had an affair... that's NOT Lachesis.)

rofl, wtf. Sure, having meteor strike and pursuit makes them shit.

If the chapter's over before they get to fight more than a handful of guys, I don't care unless they instantly kill people just by looking at them and never die under any circumstances ever. Oh wait, that's Shanan.

Horse > Anything in FE4. Ayra's kids are never bad, but I really don't care how "good" they are because I almost always rush chapters and they can't do it.

If the chapter's over before they get to fight more than a handful of guys, I don't care unless they instantly kill people just by looking at them and never die under any circumstances ever. Oh wait, that's Shanan.

Horse > Anything in FE4. Ayra's kids are never bad, but I really don't care how "good" they are because I almost always rush chapters and they can't do it.

Lol at Alec or Noish one rounding anything in this game ever.

Even Shannan can die (stupid 12 hit lopto mages). Some times the game forces you to split up the team a lot. Chapters 2, 3, 7, 8, 9 come to mind so overkill foot units in this game are still helpful. I'm pretty sure being an Est in this game isn't even a problem given that you can deploy EVERYONE and favoritism is VERY EASY and your characters actually have a chance to cap stats and levels in a normal playthrough, I actually like corple despite how everyone seems to hate him...

In generation 2 no unit is bad because everyone should have good stats and skills and there is no deployment limit.

No, but Alec, Noish, Sigurd, Lex, Midir, Cuan, Beowulf and Fin all told will kill a hell of a lot of guys long before Ayra ever gets to the party. Likewise, Lakche is a statistically superior unit to Johan, Delmud, and Lester, but when they're ten miles ahead with Aless (and later Celice and Arthur), I just can't bring myself to care how good she supposedly is.

Granted, a Leg Ring can make the twins' only real disadvantage disappear, but that's one less ring somebody else could be using (Celice pre-promotion, Laylea, etc.).

No, but Alec, Noish, Sigurd, Lex, Midir, Cuan, Beowulf and Fin all told will kill a hell of a lot of guys long before Ayra ever gets to the party. Likewise, Lakche is a statistically superior unit to Johan, Delmud, and Lester, but when they're ten miles ahead with Aless (and later Celice and Arthur), I just can't bring myself to care how good she supposedly is.

Granted, a Leg Ring can make the twins' only real disadvantage disappear, but that's one less ring somebody else could be using (Celice pre-promotion, Laylea, etc.).

Okay, except the only people who are actually reliable mounted units are Sigurd and Cuan. Every other mounted unit you get struggles with killing units.

Finn is pretty good once he gets his Hero Lance, though.

Edited by Eltoshen