FE4 Are my pairings OK

Iced

They have Meteor and Pursuit. Lakche gets Continue and inherits Brave Sword. She's one of the best 2nd Gen units that can't use Holy Weapons. With a good father, that is.

Right. And we would DEFINATELY let Ayra KEEP the Brave/Hero Sword, a myrmidon/swordfighter who can ALREADY occasionally attack consecutively. I'm sorry, but I just don't see much sense in that. I would give it to someone who needs it much more, like Beowulf or even a promoted Dew.

They have Meteor and Pursuit. Lakche gets Continue and inherits Brave Sword. She's one of the best 2nd Gen units that can't use Holy Weapons. With a good father, that is.

Right. And we would DEFINATELY let Ayra KEEP the Brave/Hero Sword, a myrmidon/swordfighter who can ALREADY occasionally attack consecutively. I'm sorry, but I just don't see much sense in that. I would give it to someone who needs it much more, like Beowulf or even a promoted Dew.

Well, you're going to want to make sure it reaches the second generation right away, which means it has to end up on either Sigurd, Ayra, Ayra's husband, or Lachesis's husband.

Alec and Noishe aren't even in the same generation as Ayra's kids, so I don't really see what the point is in bringing up Noishe and Alec is when talking about whether or not mounted units or more useful than they are; Alec and Noishe are clearly not the mounted units being discussed.

Alec and Noishe aren't even in the same generation as Ayra's kids, so I don't really see what the point is in bringing up Noishe and Alec is when talking about whether or not mounted units or more useful than they are; Alec and Noishe are clearly not the mounted units being discussed.

Well a couple of posts back, Renall stated something like mounts>everything in FE4 which is untrue so I pointed out the inconsistencies in that logic.

Its just that holy swordies with good resistence=boss killers=god and just happen to be mounted so they can get through slews of enemy mages. Noishe and Alec have terrible durability and are forever stuck with steel swords unless you want to completely favor them so they can get cutters and brave weapons EVERYONE wants, therefore the statement is false

Edited by Brighton

Well a couple of posts back, Renall stated something like mounts>everything in FE4 which is untrue so I pointed out the inconsistencies in that logic.

Its just that holy swordies with good resistence=boss killers=god and just happen to be mounted so they can get through slews of enemy mages. Noishe and Alec have terrible durability and are forever stuck with steel swords unless you want to completely favor them so they can get cutters and brave weapons EVERYONE wants, therefore the statement is false

No, it's true, you're just selectively ignoring an essential part of the argument.

Alec or Noish != Ayra. I'm not disagreeing with that.

However, Alec + Noish + Whoever Else On Horseback > Ayra. As long as the set of characters who are mounted is sufficient to beat the game before unmounted units are able to contribute significantly, then mounted characters are more useful as they form part of a unified set.

Ask yourself: Would you rather have Levin!Sety or Midir!Lester, Beowulf!Delmud, and Oifaye? 99% of the time, Sety is the wrong answer. Yes, he's better than they are. Yes, he's more durable than they are. Yes, he hits harder than they do. But they have things he can never have, namely movement (ignoring the Leg Ring for a moment) and numbers. Sety (and Ayra) can never be more than one unit. They can never kill more than one enemy on the Player Phase. The group of more characters can; although with Alec and Noish it's unlikely they will kill one enemy each unless finishing guys off, but still, they can finish more weak guys off than Ayra can because there's two of them.

"So what," you say. "By that logic, Noish + Alec + Ayra is better than Noish + Alec." True. If Ayra can be there with Noish and Alec and Sigurd and Cuan and etc. etc. etc. fighting with them. She can't. And the map design works against her in that capacity.