Do units gain support points if they are being rescued?

dondon151

Don't you mean Roy?

Anyways, I'm curious about this too. I get the feeling it isn't the case though. I suppose I could test it.

EDIT: Oh shit! You DO get support points for rescued! Unfortunately, seems you get none for those next to them for the rescued. Example. I had Allen rescue Wolt, stuck Roy next to him. I waited 20 turns, as that is how fast a support between them all would work. Roy could support Allen. Allen could support Wolt. Wolt could not support Roy.

Edited by France

Well so much for move difference being a factor. Lessee who this could possibly benefit.

Treck-Gonzales

Noah-Fir

Shin-Fir, Dorothy

Sue-Wolt, Roy, Fa, not that they want her anyways or lol Fa and Wolt

Tate-Klein (Srsly)

Miredy-Lou, Ellen, Ellen to a lesser extent, as I have no idea why she would take Ellen with her anywhere on their lonesome.

Percival-Any of his supports not fatass Douglas

Cecilia-Lillina, Roy, Douglas if she's small enough she actually has room for him.

Zeiss-Ellen, Bartre, Shin (seriously, why are the wyverns fast with Ellen?)

By then I think it would be a tad too late.

Weird thought though. Rescuing an armor knight with another armor knight. They sort of become those russian doll things. I mean, better to move 1 around than 2, amirite? It's not like much changes from their performance when they rescue someone.

Well so much for move difference being a factor.

Once again you are jumping the gun early. Rescuing people is not just for fun. It removes one of your units off the field completely so that they can't contribute, and the other one can't fight until the guy is dropped. Rescuing is not a free pass to eliminating move difference.

Weird thought though. Rescuing an armor knight with another armor knight. They sort of become those russian doll things. I mean, better to move 1 around than 2, amirite? It's not like much changes from their performance when they rescue someone.

instead of being doubled by semi-fast things they are now doubled by everything

instead of having a hard time hitting reliably they'll be having a hard time hitting period

Once again you are jumping the gun early. Rescuing people is not just for fun. It removes one of your units off the field completely so that they can't contribute, and the other one can't fight until the guy is dropped. Rescuing is not a free pass to eliminating move difference.

Unless you are saying there is danger every inch of the way, I don't see this as always being the case.

instead of being doubled by semi-fast things they are now doubled by everything

If you can essentially ignore it regardless, I don't see the problem. Aside from archers who are easy to deal with and mercs who are doubling anyways, nothing doubles 2 AS in chapter 8. If we're going the prepromotion route with someone like Barth, he virtually sees no issue throughout the isles. On top of that if he's gonna move in chapter 8, he might as well bring Wendy. Any support he can garner with her is practically like a free level up with +5 hit and avoid, 3 crit, essentially any crit problems he would have faced are gone.

instead of having a hard time hitting reliably they'll be having a hard time hitting period

Oh no, they lost 2-6 hit, stop the presses...

Unless you are saying there is danger every inch of the way, I don't see this as always being the case.

What? Rescuing means a loss of at least two player phases for the rescuer and a player phase for the rescued, as well as an enemy phase for both. And that's if it's just for one turn. This isn't FE4 where we have long stretches where we don't fight anything.

Oh no, they lost 2-6 hit, stop the presses...

Which translates to more with true hit and more levels, and since Hit is already an issue, they damn well don't want to be losing any more.

Don't you mean Roy?

No, I actually meant Eliwood =P Thanks. Too much FE7 arguing recently.

EDIT: Oh shit! You DO get support points for rescued! Unfortunately, seems you get none for those next to them for the rescued. Example. I had Allen rescue Wolt, stuck Roy next to him. I waited 20 turns, as that is how fast a support between them all would work. Roy could support Allen. Allen could support Wolt. Wolt could not support Roy.

OK, well, I only really wanted to know if rescuing gives support points; I just thought that it was also a convenient follow-up question.