Pairings

Psych

I've got a pretty good idea of who goes together. My only problem is deciding who gets Levin.

Tiltyu/Azel or Tiltyu/Levin

Levin/Fury or Fury/Claud

Sylvia

Jamka/Aideen

Holyn/Briggid

Ayra/Noish

Lachesis/Beowulf

And what should I do with Dew?

Before anyone starts spewing their ideas and favorites and bashes, Deu can fair well with Bridgette and Sylvia but according to this I'm assuming you're leaving her unpaired? 'kay.

It doesn't really matter who Levin's with, you have strong pairings there so it wouldn't make that much of a difference.

I've got a pretty good idea of who goes together. My only problem is deciding who gets Levin.

Tiltyu/Azel or Tiltyu/Levin

Levin/Fury or Fury/Claud

Sylvia

Jamka/Aideen

Holyn/Briggid

Ayra/Noish

Lachesis/Beowulf

Tiltyu/Levin

Claude/Fury

Midir/Aideen

Ayra/Lex

And what should I do with Dew?

Don't bother pairing him. If you want to put him to use, give him a magic sword (Light for example) and have him attack from a distance to safely steal money.

I find the Levin vs Azel as a father contest to be a bit...controversial, really.

Now, on paper early Holsety on a horse does sound too good to be true, but no Pursuit is more inconvenient than one would think because latergame Arthur struggles to reliably kill stuff as he needs a skill to activate. Plus Tinny completely gets the shaft.

The main reason behind FuryClaude is Levin obviously can't bang Fury and Tiltyu at the same time [He's only restricted by gameplay mechanics, mind you] so Claude serves as a good substitute, but if you aren't pairing Levin and Tiltyu, there's no point.

For convenience, imo it's best to do AzelTiltyu and LevinFury.

...Oh, and you should utilize Lex in some way. He's better than Noish and Holyn for Ayra and Briggid.

Deu can fair well with Bridgette

How does DewxBridgid do anything for Patty? Maybe it can let her Sol every now and then to recover 4 HP? Awesome.

Sylvia

Again, how does that do anything productive? Corple doesn't get any nifty staves passed down to him and Leen goes from sucking at combat to sucking at combat.

Edited by Athena's Chest

I find the Levin vs Azel as a father contest to be a bit...controversial, really.

Now, on paper early Holsety on a horse does sound too good to be true, but no Pursuit is more inconvenient than one would think because latergame Arthur struggles to reliably kill stuff as he needs a skill to activate. Plus Tinny completely gets the shaft.

Who else do you suggest for the Pursuit ring in the lategame?

@Bold: What a crime. We make a future mounted unit who can see lots of combat broken enough to easily trample everything at the cost of a foot unit joining around the time when mounted units start dominating.

Edited by ?!

Apparently Holyn helps with Patty and Faval's Skill and let's Patty use better swords. It also says he's Briggid's best pair.

I guess I'll give Tiltyu Levin. And Noish seems to give them better skills. But on that point, how bad would Dew x Ayra be?

And are the mother's items passed down? Or just fathers?

Edited by psychout50

Apparently Holyn helps with Patty and Faval's Skill and let's Patty use better swords. It also says he's Briggid's best pair.

I guess I'll give Tiltyu Levin. And Noish seems to give them better skills. But on that point, how bad would Dew x Ayra be?

Personally I think Beowulf's the best. He can pass down Pursuit and the Wind Sword to Patty so she can do decent damage (Ranged attack = Elwind = 14 MT that targets RES) without the need of Pursuit ring or having to eat a counter-attack. Alec's also decent since the growths for Patty are only a bit less than they would be with Beowulf (and the lack of Charge).

Edited by ?!

Azel/Tiltyu and Fury/Levin are easier pairings. If you aren't experienced, I recommend those even though Tiltyu/Levin is a better pairing. If you aren't cheating or very well aware of how the pairing system works, odds are you won't even properly pair Fury and Claude or Tiltyu and Levin.

EDIT: And Dew is fine for Ayra. Anyone is fine for Ayra (except Alec, as his skills are entirely redundant). Her kids can't be screwed up. You can give them Claude as a father, they're still fine.

Edited by Renall

How does DewxBridgid do anything for Patty? Maybe it can let her Sol every now and then to recover 4 HP? Awesome.

Again, how does that do anything productive? Corple doesn't get any nifty staves passed down to him and Leen goes from sucking at combat to sucking at combat.

Ignoring the growth Deu gives as being a viable father, already has claim to the Wind Sword and all that nifty shit, nothing. She's the same old Patty who won't be a front liner no matter what with damn good avoid.

Corple starts with Libro regardless. He gets Bargain. He gets a decent magic growth. Leen can afford leg+knight rings in case Sylvia didn't buy them for dancing at longer distances. Honestly, stop looking at her as a combat unit, both Deu and Sylvia were utility units, as their children should be.

These are merely suggestions to use Deu as a father.

Corple starts with Libro regardless. He gets Bargain. He gets a decent magic growth. Leen can afford leg+knight rings in case Sylvia didn't buy them for dancing at longer distances. Honestly, stop looking at her as a combat unit, both Deu and Sylvia were utility units, as their children should be.

But does Charisma and Berserk outweigh the rings?

Edited by psychout50

But does Charisma and Berserk outweigh the rings?

Berserk doesn't. Elite might (but you could pair Sylvia and Lex and get it on Leen as well). Charisma might. Charisma is very nice to have. Laylea is also made of toilet paper and dreams, however, so keeping her in Charisma range of everyone is a little, well, shaky.

Noish isn't a bad pairing for Aira, but how the hell does Continue and Critical beat Elite and Ambush? Minor Neir blood does nothing for them weapon wise, as they can't use Axes, but the growth bonus is pretty nifty. So yeah.

Another thing; pairing Levin and Tiltyu is horribly inconvenient. You have to practically glue Tiltyu to Levin to get it, which is hard considering how often Levin is soloing at the end of Chapter 4 and all of Chapter 5. Fury and Levin, on the other hand, automatically fall in love from just one conversation in Chapter 4.

Holyn x Brigid is pretty good, but Lex x Brigid is probably better for Patty. Faval is slightly worse, but he doesn't really give a damn. Jamka x Aideen is crap. Lester doesn't get Pursuit, which ruins him, and Rana is pretty much the same.

In the end, it's really all up to you. Either way, try to make use of Elite. It's simply too good a skill to not pass on.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Ignoring the growth Deu gives as being a viable father, already has claim to the Wind Sword and all that nifty shit, nothing. She's the same old Patty who won't be a front liner no matter what with damn good avoid.

Claim to the wind sword yes, but no pursuit ring.

It may not be the most horrific pairing but it's still not a good one. Holyn, Lex, and Beowulf are all better fathers for her.

Corple starts with Libro regardless. He gets Bargain.

Okay, but it's kind of cancelled out by no staff inheritance.

Leen can afford leg+knight rings in case Sylvia didn't buy them for dancing at longer distances.

If she's the one using them.

Honestly, stop looking at her as a combat unit, both Deu and Sylvia were utility units, as their children should be.

wtf when did I ever say that

I'm saying that these don't do much to cement them as utility units. Furthermore, I don't see how one classifies Dew as "utility", because he needs to have combat to use that utility.

Only do Adean/Jamka if you're willing to spare a Pursuit Ring to Lester - i.e., Tiltyu/Azel.

If you go Tiltyu/Levin, then Adean/Midayle will probably suit your needs better.

Dew is a good pairing for Ayra and Bridget.

Claim to the wind sword yes, but no pursuit ring.

She gets pursuit upon promotion. She'll gain as much exp without pursuit in battle and saves a use of her weapon per round. Many of Bridgette's alternate pairings have even less to claim for any items or rings either way.

It may not be the most horrific pairing but it's still not a good one. Holyn, Lex, and Beowulf are all better fathers for her.

It's one of the most accepted pairings for Bridgette. Vanilla. It's a good pairing.

Okay, but it's kind of cancelled out by no staff inheritance.

Libro. There's staffs that can be acquired in first gen through bosses dropping them or villages just in case, you know, you think Corple must absolutely have them. Quite frankly, Libro all he really needs. If he wants more, he can buy them.

If she's the one using them.

Leen can afford leg+knight rings in case Sylvia didn't buy them for dancing at longer distances.

Keyword.

wtf when did I ever say that

I'm saying that these don't do much to cement them as utility units. Furthermore, I don't see how one classifies Dew as "utility", because he needs to have combat to use that utility.

...Leen goes from sucking at combat to sucking at combat.

What I want to know is why would you assume just because she has Sunlight she's automatically going to be a combat unit? Leen is and always be a dancer with the occasional killing Brian in the final chapter (different pairing). I know you were being sarcastic, but I needed to address it fairly.

Deu has high evade and skill. He doesn't even need to leave a real dent in someone to steal their cash. He's basically a walking bank. I'd like to think being the one to bring in funds counts as utility.

She gets pursuit upon promotion. She'll gain as much exp without pursuit in battle and saves a use of her weapon per round. Many of Bridgette's alternate pairings have even less to claim for any items or rings either way.

All Pattys have Pursuit on promotion, and? Having it before helps just as much, because her ability to fight unpromoted really really sucks unless she has Pursuit.

It's one of the most accepted pairings for Bridgette. Vanilla. It's a good pairing.

It's still worse than all three of those that I just listed. It's worse than Midir too, come to think of it.

Libro. There's staffs that can be acquired in first gen through bosses dropping them or villages just in case, you know, you think Corple must absolutely have them. Quite frankly, Libro all he really needs. If he wants more, he can buy them.

He'd like Claude's reserve staff, do you agree?

Keyword.

I know. But it's useless if she doesn't get them.

What I want to know is why would you assume just because she has Sunlight she's automatically going to be a combat unit?

Because Sol+Better growths is really all Dew offers as a father outside of Bargain which does nothing for her if she's not laying claim to any rings.

Deu has high evade and skill. He doesn't even need to leave a real dent in someone to steal their cash. He's basically a walking bank. I'd like to think being the one to bring in funds counts as utility.

No, but since funds generally go out the rear end in FE4, his utility of funds-gathering only comes in useful so often.

Because Sol+Better growths is really all Dew offers as a father outside of Bargain which does nothing for her if she's not laying claim to any rings.

Easier access to rings while she's unpromoted which helps specially since she can pass it around to others and put them back on without having to worry about the extra money.

All Pattys have Pursuit on promotion, and? Having it before helps just as much, because her ability to fight unpromoted really really sucks unless she has Pursuit.

You give her a pursuit ring if you care that much. Holyn and Lex have the exact same problem.

It's still worse than all three of those that I just listed. It's worse than Midir too, come to think of it.

Because Sol+Better growths is really all Dew offers as a father outside of Bargain

I love how your initial thoughts about DeuxBridgette are deteriorating.

"DeuxBridgette is bad!" "It's not horrendous, but it's not good!" "There are at least three better pairings!" "It's a decent pairing, BUT there's some problems with it!"

I claimed only that DeuxBridgette was a good pairing. Yes there are better pairings given effort but you know what? Deu is a good father, too.

He'd like Claude's reserve staff, do you agree?

Give me a situation on how reserve would be useful at that point in the game.

No, but since funds generally go out the rear end in FE4, his utility of funds-gathering only comes in useful so often.

Did you completely contradict yourself in one sentence? This is Generation One, there is a limited supply of cash going around. If someone is short on gold to repair/buy a ring/weapon, Deu comes in. But we're not talking about Deu as a unit, we're talking about his fathering.

So far:

• Leen/Patty has no claim to rings
  • She, however, can afford to buy them if necessary
  • Corple would like an A rank staff
  • He can either buy it or it's not as good as you think it is

I don't know about you, but these are trivial reasons why you would assume Deu a horrible father.

So far:

• Leen/Patty has no claim to rings
  • She, however, can afford to buy them if necessary
  • Corple would like an A rank staff
  • He can either buy it or it's not as good as you think it is

I don't know about you, but these are trivial reasons why you would assume Deu a horrible father.

If we're so worried about Leen having no rings, get her the Bargain ring in chapter 2. I don't see many other characters who need to buy things as much as her.

Deu can give his money to Sylvia if that's a problem, and she can just buy them.

If we're so worried about Leen having no rings, get her the Bargain ring in chapter 2. I don't see many other characters who need to buy things as much as her.

Deu can give his money to Sylvia if that's a problem, and she can just buy them.

... Bargain Ring is useless on a Dancer...

It will be better if you give it to your Staff or Holy Weapon users.

... Bargain Ring is useless on a Dancer...

It will be better if you give it to your Staff or Holy Weapon users.

How? Now she can buy the two rings for half price?

The only 2 rings leen or laylea are getting are the leg ring and the knight ring... (If you can actually get the damn knight ring lol...)

If you are putting anything else on them besides maybe a defender or a barrier sword your doing something stupid since leen and laylea should be dancing and not fighting.

I was actually thinking anything!leen might be better than laylea just on the grounds that sylvia also wants the leg ring gen 1. She should get it. We don't have to pass it around or play any money games. Leen will just inherit it outright which would give her an edge on laylea on the initial joining chapter and it would remove a burden from the rest of the team.

What? You have to play money games for Sylvia to get it too. She's not killing the Warrior who drops it. Are you mixing up the Leg Ring with a Ring you get from a village?

The only 2 rings leen or laylea are getting are the leg ring and the knight ring... (If you can actually get the damn knight ring lol...)

If you are putting anything else on them besides maybe a defender or a barrier sword your doing something stupid since leen and laylea should be dancing and not fighting.

I was actually thinking anything!leen might be better than laylea just on the grounds that sylvia also wants the leg ring gen 1. She should get it. We don't have to pass it around or play any money games. Leen will just inherit it outright which would give her an edge on laylea on the initial joining chapter and it would remove a burden from the rest of the team.

Personally I have the Leg ring on either Celice or Levin!Arthur in the second gen. Giving it to Laylea isn't much of an issue if you put Patty to good use.