ph334tehrock 1:46 pm

so youre going to watch star trek?

hectorofchad 1:46 pm

no

I changed the channel

last night

couldn't watch it anymore

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

But srsly, LOTR and Star Wars >>>>>>>>>> Star Trek. Bullshit to those who call it a smart person's show. So was Fraisier, and that show SUCKED compared to Seinfeld.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

But srsly, LOTR and Star Wars >>>>>>>>>> Star Trek. Bullshit to those who call it a smart person's show. So was Fraisier, and that show SUCKED compared to Seinfeld.

Um, not that it proves anything, but if something is said to be a "smart person"s show, and you think a show that isn't for smart people is better, that would suggest that you don't "get it" wrt the smart show, which implies...

Besides, LOTR > Star Trek > Star Wars. I'm sorry, the first trilogy was nice, but the second? I suppose Star Trek is hurt by ST The Motion Picture, ST V, ST Nemesis, but with ST II, ST III, ST IV, ST VI, ST First Contact, new movie, I'd have to say that the negative utility from the second Star Wars trilogy is enough that Star Trek pulls ahead. Plus 5 series has to count for something. There were some stinkers there, but there were plenty of gems.

Plus, Star Trek >>>>>>> Jar Jar.

Anyway, even if you want to say Star Wars > Star Trek, I definitely protest the number of greater than symbols.

Well, LOTR >>> Star Trek > Star Wars. That's probably an exaggeration of LOTR's greatness, though. I just like it too much.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

No, LOTR made a shitload of money.

It was nominated for Best Picture three years in a row. The third installment WON it. And going up against the likes of Seabiscuit and Lost in Translation.

Star Wars prequel tier:

Mark Hamill:

Mace Windu

Threepio

Artoo

Yoda

General Grievous

Top:

Qui-Gon

Obi-Wan

Darth Maul

High:

Palpatine

the kid who played anakin [i don't remember him being that bad, much more tolerable than most of the film]

Meh:

Count Dooku, just cuz his name is dumb

Padme [neutral utility, I don't care one way or the other about her]

that one alien chick on the jedi counsel who didn't really say or do anything except get killed

Low:

Jar Jar binks

The equivalent of Est, Arran, Lorenz, Astrid, Meg, Nino, Sophia, Wendy, Marisa, Ewan, Amelia, Bastion, Lucia, Wallace, Syrene, Farina, Karla, Rolf, Lyre, and Fiona's love child:

older Anakin as portrayed by Hayden Christensen

anyway ill admit the only reason I don't touch star trek with a 10 foot pole is because Shatner is a fucking hack

Edited by Athena's Chest

You're absolutely nuts if you think Star Trek beats Star Wars!

First off, enough about Jar Jar. He's an irrelevant character after the first movie. Second, the second trilogy was needed to fill in the blanks of Vader's past, and due to the way the first trilogy was made, you could only hope for so good an outcome. I think they did a damn good job, considering the fact that there were serious restraints placed on them and timeline issues that till this day are unsolved. Did you know that ObiWan Kenobi was killed in his 50s? He didn't look 50, but that's a timeline issue that needs retconning.

Plus Star Wars is more community friendly anyway. Check out the Star Wars EU sometime. They've got the story of Star Wars going on through time in both directions!

BEHOLD!!!

star-wars-admiral-ackbar-its-a-map.jpg

galaxyl.jpg

Hm... maybe this is the wrong map :unsure:

Edited by Phoenix

Star Wars prequel tier:

Mark Hamill:

Mace Windu

Threepio

Artoo

Yoda

Top:

Qui-Gon

Obi-Wan

Darth Maul

High:

the kid who played anakin [i don't remember him being that bad, much more tolerable than most of the film]

Padme [neutral utility, I don't care one way or the other about her]

Palpatine

Meh:

Count Dooku, just cuz his name is dumb

that one alien chick on the jedi counsel who didn't really say or do anything except get killed

Low:

Jar Jar binks

The equivalent of Est, Arran, Lorenz, Astrid, Meg, Nino, Sophia, Wendy, Marisa, Ewan, Amelia, Bastion, Lucia, Wallace, Syrene, Farina, Karla, Rolf, Lyre, and Fiona's love child:

older Anakin as portrayed by Hayden Christensen

anyway ill admit the only reason I don't touch star trek with a 10 foot pole is because Shatner is a fucking hack

You forgot Kit FistingsFistoFitso.

Edited by OliverXRenning

You forgot Kit FistingsFistoFitso.

don't remember him

How do you put Jar Jar above Hayden?

What is wrong with you?

why not

Jar Jar didn't screw over the legacy of the Darth Vader character just by existing. Furthermore, Jar Jar only sucked for Episode 1, existed for about ten seconds in Episode 2, and didn't even get dialogue in episode 3. We had to put up with HaydenAnakin's fail for two films, and his mere existence takes a giant shit on the Darth Vader character everybody loves [Lucas even replaced the guy who played unmasked Vader in the trilogy with Hayden as Anakin, the prick, another reason why the special DVD editions can suck it] which is far more negative utility than Jar Jar WISHES he could contribute.

Hayden Christensen is gay.

Jar Jar is an insufferable mistake against God. And Kiddykin needs to go below Palpatine.

And Padme needs to go below Dooku.

And Grievous needs to be below Darth Maul, just for being a robot who can use four lightsabers at once and, in the animated series, kicked ass in a 5 or 4-1 fight.

Jar Jar didn't screw over the legacy of the Darth Vader character just by existing.
Jar Jar screwed over Star Wars' entire legacy just by existing.

All Jar Jar did was act stupid for one movie. Didn't humiliate anybody but himself.

Hayden Christensen acted worse than a 10 year old in TWO movies. Darth Vader deserves better.

Edited by Athena's Chest

What the hell are you people doing, calling things like Hayden Christenson and Jar-Jar Star Wars?

That shit is part of the prequel trilogy.

In the minds of all true Star Wars fans, the prequel trilogy is less canon than the pre-1999 Extended Universe. The director himself was just out to milk the franchise, he admitted he was not aware of canon while designing the movies.

That shit is like fan fiction. You usually don't immediately talk about HarryxDumbledore erotic fanfiction when talking about Harry Potter, do you? So if we're talking about Star Wars, let's talk about the canonical Star Wars.

I don't recall saying the prequels were good in my [flawless] tier list.

2 put me to fucking sleep

You usually don't immediately talk about HarryxDumbledore erotic fanfiction when talking about Harry Potter, do you?

HanxLeia pl0x

Edited by Athena's Chest